No announcement yet.

Forza 2 Endurance Race Meet-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my Live points, thanks to GamesPointsNow.

Now I can enjoy Motegi, and Road America from tomorrow!

Comment

It's Thursday night, that makes it Forza night. See you at 8.30!

Comment

Race 14 Positions

1) Senna
        2) TheForce
        3) Clyde The Quick
        4) Lurch996
        5) Kubrick
        6) burntoutbanger
        7) MarioMark

Points updated on first page.

Well, what can I say but that was probably the closest race so far. Force and Clyde were surgically attached to each other pretty much the entire race, and kept a constant 2 seconds gap ahead of me until the pit stops. I decided to pit early and really pushed on my out-lap. It seemed to work as I came out just behind Force and then was right (right) behind Clyde when he came out of the pits.

Luckily for me they each made a tiny mistake and so I was able to just edge ahead. Again, they were right beside each other for the majority of the second part of the race. In the end, the three of our lap times were all within a tenth of each other. Fantastic stuff!

The new Motegi track seems a winner from the race we had on it. Some very tricky corners, especially the first and last ones where it is difficult to find the proper line. It also has some nice gradient changes, uphill and downhill, which makes the car behave differently around the track.

Next week's race will be around Motegi, on Thursday at 8:30. All of us seemed to have the track, but if this is a problem for anyone, let me know.

I think tyres will be decimated around this track so could be interesting.

P.S. Road America tomorrow, so if anyone fancies a few races over the weekend let me know. Force, if you are around Monday evening, would be good to try this track out.

Comment

yeah, you said all that could be said about this race... an absolute stunning race !!
          I was in an constant battle with Clyde, I think we overtoke each other serveral times (great clean racing), I just couldn't get rid of him... because of the battle Clyde and I had we held each other up on the lap before the pitstops, that was fatal because Mike closed the gap and got ahead of us both.
          I saved this replay and I can say it's a joy to watch !

Next week Motegi is fine by me, could be quite interesting, it's not a easy track to be fast on.

I try to be online monday evening for some RoadAmerica online !

Comment

just have downloaded RoadAmerica ! this track is excellent !!

everyone shoud def download this one (100points) !

Comment

Motegi for Thursday? OK see you then.

Comment

Don't forget !

Tomorrow it's racing time on Motegi ! so all you that haven't downloaded it yet.... GO AND DO IT NOW !

ps. don't forget to download RoadAmerica aswell.... it's fantastic !

Comment

OK Force, just downloaded them.

Credit to me I say! I come every week, come last but keep coming for more and now I'm buying the tracks!

Comment

Aye, and that is what makes this game so great.

Plus, its great racing against guys who dont just quit when they lose the lead of a race. Much more satisfying to complete a race and know you've tried your hardest.

Who cares if you're not regularly at the front, this game is so much fun that its the little things, whether its trying to hunt down the person in front, get away from the guy behind or just improving on your lap time.

Right, and to the bad news. I might not be able to make tomorrows race, as im out for a meal tomorrow. By the time i get home, it might be well after half 8. If Im not there by half 8, you guys just get the race started. I SHOULD be back about 8, but if not, could you note the results please Mark?

Cheers mate

BTW Road America, what a track. This will be the track for next weeks race, and think it calls for the first ever tuning of my F430. Those straights are so long that my rev limiter hits top gear well before the end of the straights, and the two hard braking corners at the end of the straights are giving me so much wheelspin that im going to have to do some tinkering around. Only problem is im **** at tuning cars, dont know where to begin

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                      Right, and to the bad news. I might not be able to make tomorrows race, as im out for a meal tomorrow. By the time i get home, it might be well after half 8. If Im not there by half 8, you guys just get the race started. I SHOULD be back about 8, but if not, could you note the results please Mark?

Cheers mate
                      Yeah that's no problem. But we can always delay it a few days or wait until next week if you like. I'll be busy with Gran Turismo 5 ().

What does everyone else want to do?

Comment

Its not worth delaying it for just one person really. In the past we've went ahead without one or two people so its no biggy for me. Like I said I should be back, its just that its an important family meal. We are eating at half six, so it shouldnt be a problem.

P.S. I await first impressions on GT5 you lucky so-and-so in the First Play Thread lol

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                          Credit to me I say! I come every week, come last but keep coming for more and now I'm buying the tracks!
                          yeah sure thing ! never give up, and like the last few weeks there are more players so it's interesting for everyone to have a good race !

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                          Right, and to the bad news. I might not be able to make tomorrows race,
                          I SHOULD be back about 8
                          Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                          What does everyone else want to do?
                          For me it's absolutely no problem to delay the race till 08 or 08.30
                          we could do some short races before the endurance ? ...

I have also some bad news.... I won't be able to race next week ... I have to go for work again a whole week to Bratislava (GRRRRRRRR) So do me one favour, if you race next week, please don't race RoadAmerica as I really want to race that track with you guys as an endurance race !

Yesterday I watched the replay of last weeks race... I just kept watching it, because it was so damn close for the whole race, that was excellent stuff !

Comment

Can't make tonights race, sorry guys. Hope to see you next week.

Comment

I got my cousin round so don't mind missing it until next week too.

Comment

I won't be able to make it tonight either, but I'll definitely be in for next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X