NTSC F-Zero GX Time Attack Leaderboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidFallows
    I've been spending time with friends this weekend - the last thing I can do is sit down and play F-Zero for 5 hours.
    I know what you mean.

We actually had friends round for dinner last night. My mate is into computer games a bit, in the FIFA PAL way. I put the GC on just to show him and i think we played pretty much till 1. Don't think the women were too impressed. I couldn't practice too much, as we were taking it in turns, but i could see how i could beat the Mute City SG. Got up early this morning and cracked it in a couple of hours. I'm sure the time will be improved greatly, but i can tell you now thats the toughest SG i've beat.

As i said above thats me for TT'ing for now. Probably start again in a week or two.

Comment

Guys - do any of you have videos of your time attacks? On the tracks I like I am only like 1-3 seconds behind you lot, but on some of them I am up to 15 seconds behind you. How do you do it? Namely Aeropolis (first one on first cup) and Vegas Palace (first one too). Short cuts?

Comment

Vegas Palace (the first one) is all about the start, and just going like a bat out of hell as quickly as you can, constantly boosting. Apart from the hill at the end where you can and will fly off

I only saved the ghost for my record on there, but I can try again and do a recording of something very close presumably 8)
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by bungle
          Guys - do any of you have videos of your time attacks? On the tracks I like I am only like 1-3 seconds behind you lot, but on some of them I am up to 15 seconds behind you. How do you do it? Namely Aeropolis (first one on first cup) and Vegas Palace (first one too). Short cuts?
          I'm saving all my ghosts that I'll eventually send out to peeps on a mc59. I have some catching up to do yet however. My only prized replay so far is the one of Lateral Shift - I'm sure I'll crush it with a custom craft when I get back to TT.

I think we're quite some time off of a legendary ghost save as it's still a new game.

Comment

Originally posted by bungle
            I've got 5 or 6 of my better Ghosts saved onto a memory card. No videos though.

I've only got one really fast save (the others are just beating the SG by a second or so and can be greatly improved with practice.)

Quick go on Port Town I this morning. Improved my time a little. That really is it now, defitnely taking a break for at least a week.

Port Town (Aero Dive) - 2'18"350 - Blast Wolf-Z - PH

Comment

1'00"914 with Death Anchor on Twist Road

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                That really is it now, defitnely taking a break for at least a week.
                Couldn't resist a quick go before work this morning.

Port Town (Aero Dive) - 2'17"606 - Blast Jaguar-Z - PH

Changed the Blast Wolf-Z to the Blast Jaguar-Z. Only difference is a slightly heavier Body. Increased Top Speed, but an absolute pig to turn. The above time was recorded despite thumping into the wall around the tightest turn.

Comment

UPDATED!

Split Oval - 0'53'976 - Fat Shark (DAMN! Thought that was a winner! )

Lateral Shift - 2'05"234 - Moon Wolf-Z

Comment

Lateral Shift - 2'05"234 - Moon Wolf-Z
                    Nice time Dave.

Comment

The ghost for Mute City AX is done with Fat Shark, so I would like, at some point, to try it out. Which story do you get it from?

Looks like I'm gonna have to fend off Split Oval challengers with an even more suicidal run on the track
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        Looks like I'm gonna have to fend off Split Oval challengers with an even more suicidal run on the track
                        I completely flew off on the first lap but pulled it back and flew through some track-side scenery to land just on the finish line. Only did it on the first lap because it is quite hard to pull back whilst boosting - I've never quite managed it yet if it is possible.

The Fat Shark is unlocked after Story #4 - Don Genie is da' PIMP d4ddy!! - his theme rocks too.

Here's the list so far...

#1 = Rainbow Phoenix
                        #2 = Spark Moon
                        #3 = Rolling Turtle
                        #4 = Fat Shark
                        #5 = Cosmic Dolphin
                        #6 = Silver Rat
                        #7 = ???
                        #8 = ???
                        #9 = Taxi thingie-ma-jig (???)
                        All Hard Complete = Magic Seagull

As for that Lateral Shift time - It can be beaten by a mile, I'm just a pussy when it comes to 2,500kmph 'air-grabs' on the 90degree corners.

Comment

As for that Lateral Shift time - It can be beaten by a mile
                          I must be rubbish on that course then.

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                            As for that Lateral Shift time - It can be beaten by a mile
                            I must be rubbish on that course then.
                            Best off practicing with the Sonic Phantom first by following the SG. Even though I didn't I played for around 5 hours before learning myself the 'air-grabbing' trick. If I'd have bought the SG first it would have cut a whole lot of swearing out. LOL. Seriously though, it was like learning the course from scratch using the Moon Wolf-Z as it's weight shifts so tremendously compared to the feather-weight SP.

As for the Blast Wolf-Z - I just can't be arsed learning the course a third time, not until I take a break and play some other tracks.

I usually never finish - I'm usually lucky to score 1 success out of say 30 attempts. It just gets so quick that those air-grabs get silly and you just miss them totally because you don't have the reflexes of a robot or something else super-human. It's all about taking gambles when you go so fast.

Plus - you can fly off the outside facing corner if you go too fast with no hope of pulling back in like you can on 'Split Oval'.

As for your Aero Dive time PH, I think that's a ghost I require - There's no way I'm beating it until I see how it's done. I tried last night and it was a big waste of 20 minutes - I couldn't even beat the SG, he just boosts off at the start and then that's that. I may try again tonight with the Fat Shark as he easily pisses all over everything laid out by the Black Bull.

Originally posted by Mayhem
                            LMAO! You will indeed matey! As I'll be on there for another good 2 hours tonight!!

Comment

As for your Aero Dive time PH, I think that's a ghost I require - There's no way I'm beating it until I see how it's done. I tried last night and it was a big waste of 20 minutes - I couldn't even beat the SG, he just boosts off at the start and then that's that.
                              My method is simply to save the Boosts for the big hill and drop-off combo.

Lap 1 - Take as normal.
                              Lap 2 - Hit the first Yellow Boost Pad. Then use 1 Boost on the rest of the straight. Do not use another Boost until you approach the steep hill. Then continously Boost up the hill and keep Boosting while you are in the air. Leave one Boost in the tank - otherwise you will never get around the tight corner at the bottom (not if you are using a heavy craft anyway.) Use last Boost and repeat for Lap 3.

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                                As for your Aero Dive time PH, I think that's a ghost I require - There's no way I'm beating it until I see how it's done. I tried last night and it was a big waste of 20 minutes - I couldn't even beat the SG, he just boosts off at the start and then that's that.
                                My method is simply to save the Boosts for the big hill and drop-off combo.

Lap 1 - Take as normal.
                                Lap 2 - Hit the first Yellow Boost Pad. Then use 1 Boost on the rest of the straight. Do not use another Boost until you approach the steep hill. Then continously Boost up the hill and keep Boosting while you are in the air. Leave one Boost in the tank - otherwise you will never get around the tight corner at the bottom (not if you are using a heavy craft anyway.) Use last Boost and repeat for Lap 3.
                                Cheers for that mate - how do you take the last straight though? Do you power-up to full whilst boosting ONCE or do you 'shimmy-shimmy' the boost-pads with re-filling?

Comment

Working...
                                X