Yoshi's I finally have a PS3 and want to play online partaaaaay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
    Any of you guys up for resitance, I'll post in the other thread about a game tonight ok?

Count me in

Comment

do it

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
        So why is everybody so accepting of it ?
        Because it's free?

Comment

It appears you get what you pay for , non?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            It appears you get what you pay for , non?
            absolutely

Comment

Aye - main reason it doesn't bother me (and I imagine the same is true of the rest of NTSC-UK) is that I already pay for a top-notch online gaming service in LIVE - the Playstation online service being crap yet free is great really just because it means not having to feel the "need" to be paying for two online services. Sure, it could be as good as LIVE, but there's no way it'd be free if it was.

That said, the whole voice comms thing is a joke - if they'd packed headsets in with the console I'm sure it wouldn't be this way.

Comment

I'm quite pleased with what you get for free. It's still infinately better than the Wii's online offering.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                  I'm quite pleased with what you get for free. It's still infinately better than the Wii's online offering.
                  Absolutely. If I was paying ?10 a month or something for the PS3 Online I wouldn't be happy, but it's free and I can play games online whenever I want. They are also constantly improving it and have publically acknowledged the need for in game XMB being universal and I think even the need for a more unified experience, which is supposed to be coming with HOME.

Comment

Fair enough chaps ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                        Absolutely. If I was paying £10 a month or something for the PS3 Online I wouldn't be happy, but it's free and I can play games.
                        Yeah, but there is one real advantage that Wii's service has over PSN. Every server is owned by Nintendo, which means that the games will stay playable online so long as the wi-fi service runs. With PSN you don't have no guarantee whatsoever that you can play game online year after purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                          Yeah, but there is one real advantage that Wii's service has over PSN. Every server is owned by Nintendo, which means that the games will stay playable online so long as the wi-fi service runs. With PSN you don't have no guarantee whatsoever that you can play game online year after purchase.
                          yes, thank heavens for Nintendos one server running Mario Strikers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                            I think EA are the biggest culprits of that, the amount of servers they're shutting down soon is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                              I think EA are the biggest culprits of that, the amount of servers they're shutting down soon is ridiculous.
                              And that's across ALL platforms...
                              (although obviously not Wii as EA don't have any online titles for that yet )

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                                Yeah, EA is culprit number one, but Capcom has been recently pretty bad with it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X