No announcement yet.

Sega GT Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, saw you were online a couple of times and tried to join you but "race in progress" and you obviously got the same.

Hosting races yourself is definitely the way to go, it might take 5 minutes to attract a few racers but then you are in control, I'm sure some of these other guys set up races and go off to have dinner or something, som races stay in the "lobby" for 10 minutes with nothing happening.

I got upto rank 687 last night (just over 2000 points), my first time of breaking into the top 1000

Tried competition race about 6 times, connected fine but never won a race and if you don't win your time is not registered ft:

I'm using a fully tuned Chevelle by the way, about 50% of the times in the top 40 are set with it and I've got it to 833hp, the Camaro only tunes to 660hp, not sure about the Corvette but none of the top times are set with it.

Hope this helps. I should be online after 10pm all nights over the weekend.

David

Comment

Only got the zero for compo racing, although I have managed to win one - I'm 405th or something. I think you get the downloadable once complete; nice idea, but I need to get the Chevelle You've got loads of offline points too! I've only done the official stuff and a few events to unlock some parts (e.g. super racing muffler). Need to complete Chronicle (again ) and the gathering mode (nice, only looked at this yesterday). It's just so boring though

I might host some games tonight, compo if you want and we'll take it in turns winning Multiplayer wasn't too hot last night as the random-lag I often get on NTL kicked in, making it hard for other people; it's just an upload thing and my position gets screwed I don't have any problems when Americans play though, wtf is that all about?!

Comment

Any idea what your time was to get 405th ?

I have NTL also (just 128k) and it seems fine 95% of the time, only once there are 5 racers (me and 4 others) the lag cuts in.

How did you unlock the Super Racing Muffler ? read how to do it ages ago but I've forgotton - need to unlock the extra bits, my Chevelle is 51hp down on what it could be due to the extra unlockable muffler etc etc.

Hopefully see you on Live later and we can do a few competition runs.

PS. You can only download the competition part once the competition finishes.

Comment

I've heard its great fun, but everyone complains about lag on it.

Comment

your right, lots more lag on this than PGR2.

Comment

Seems to be something about rereleased games with added multiplayer, Toca Live anyone?

Comment

Nah, I got a general problem with NTL's 1mb service; it just gives up from time-to-time (I think Squirtle has the same problem). I realise there is a little lag though; even with the shaky connection I got, I can host full games of Crimson Skies and PGR2 -- a testiment to their netcode. The major lag I had was the relay racing, where different players race the same car on different laps. Other players "see" what you're doing and bascially, nobody could see what I was up to

Super Racing Muffler -- it's unlocked in the Hot Hatch event, in Season 2 but ONLY if you skipped it in Season 1 (thus giving up the 3-litre Clio). Doesn't add a lot (dunno about 51hp?), you can probably compensate with minor adjustments to the turbo (I don't think your cars suffer wear and tear online). I got no idea what my time was (2'08? I'll check later), you can see it in the ranking though (filter on friends, x button I think).

Comment

I think I've got all the parts now, except some specials and additional custom parts. No money though, had to spend a fair bit modding some cars and I'm left with about 20-5 thousand. No need to spend money on events though now, so it is easily got back 'cos it ain't like its difficult

The alternative, and it's quite shocking to hear this already, is playing online for a bit and cheating thru the system to get money. No action replay or anything, just a couple of loopholes in the way it works online. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out but it doesn't stop with money; there are a lot of Stradles online too, mostly duped (and related to the money... stock Stradles sell for funny money offline). Not just Stradles either, practically every car in the game. Hardly anybody I've spoke to has played offline either, wondering how some of the cars are awarding when half the time, it's blinking obvious!

I'm really trying to like it but, well, you know. Felt the same about 2002, thought I might of had a change of mind but no, not really.

I have a 2'26 time on the competition too, ranked at around 435.

Comment

Must have just missed you online, I'm trying out the Corvette in the Competiiton Mode at moment, not fully modded but specs look good so far, will post them tomorrow when done. I'm ranked about 700th with a terrible time of 2.48.xxx ft:

Unlocked Silver Arrow yesterday, fully modded = 693hp and 575kg

Comment

Corvette fully spec'd is about 859hp and 1400kg, Chevelle and Camaro are better (see where the first Corvette is on the competition leaderboard !)
                      Going to try the Zero now, it must handle better than those heavy American Muscle Cars.

Saw you on my friends list on the competiiton leaderboard but couldn't call you up on the overall leaderboard, have you saved your progress on it yet ?

I should be online from 9pm tonight if your around

Comment

I'm not ranked on the overall board; >999th see, I haven't played it much. I can't get the Chevelle either, unless I buy one from somebody but I'm not bothered, to be honest.

Comment

I've fully tuned my "Zero", about 4 seconds behind your Competition time (2:30.333 I think), don't know how they are getting into the 2:05's .... must be doing the second lap in 1:00 or 1:01, that must be perfect driving.

Not played Xbox for couple of days, was ranked 494th on overall leaderboard and look forward to giving it a good bash tonight.

Comment

Cheats have been patched, apparently (since yesterday). What is it with Sega and duping?! Current compo ended yesterday too, quite a few C2 parts floating around, for crazy money. Prize cars for sale too with $5mil being the average asking price, although there are far more than the 20 winning cars online

The racing flywheel is available for download too, for anyone ranked.

Comment

Downloaded it last night, costs $1500 to buy and saves 4kg in weight if you haven't checked already, 2.30.xxx was my best winning run in the end, had a 2.27.xxx but was second so it didn't count

Would love to see a replay of the winning time.

Wonder when the next contest will start.

Comment

Seen it already? Man, I spent the best part of an hour putting it on all of my cars! I said this earlier but the sense of community is pretty cool online, even though everything else is f**ked. I have somebody elses car (a Silver Trans Am, RamAir) at the minute too, along with a wedge of his cash, given to me for renting garage space

Comment

Working...
                                X