No announcement yet.

The gear we want! (rare/ex too!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, let's get a number of us out of the LS and set a date + time next week. We shout in Whitegate until we make 18 of us (no knobs).

If we set a definate date and let peeps out of other shells know (Kerushi's gang, AaD etc) perhaps we won't even need to shout.

Rabs is eager for a subligar run also, so am I, so is Dara, so is Tsing, Vani needs his dagger. Last time we went down there it was a top laugh. What are we doing sat on our arses?

Comment

Seriously go short handed and zombie it you do not want pick ups for this, the drops are rare enough as it is without taking outhers. If you kill all 10 flies I'd expect you to get around 2 sallets and 2 rings tops. Depends on kill approach as well, TH only works on targetted mobs (uncliamed kill was nerfed to stop BLM train farming about 2 years ago).

For straight kill of 100% you need 4 SMN but with BLMs etc its possible to put in quite a dent.

Comment

A few more toys acquired this afternoon.

Moot camped out in Sea Serpent Grotto hoping to get a ToD for Charbydis. What in fact happened was that Charby spawned and only Moot and an AFK RDM were there so moot put a call out to the LS. Only me, Wedge and Bevan were on but that was enough and we all darted down there as quick as possible. As we traveled another solo RDM appeared and claimed then proceeded to run into a bunch of Sahagin, then died.

After that it was the usual long, but straightforward fight and a drop which Moot got:

After this, the 3 of them were kind enough to travel to Gustav Tunnel with me to check on Ungur. When we arrived there was a group of a few RMT killing the PH but we stuck around and about 15 mins later Ungur popped. We claimed and again another fun fight followed by this drop:

Some good stuff and hopefully we will get Bev's Joyeuse soon

Comment

w00t congrats guys! Both v.nice items ^^

I bought 26 A.Bcoins today as i managed to get them for 10k each and therefore managed to pickup...

^^ Be pretty awsome now when i can swop for suppa too

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            w00t congrats guys! Both v.nice items ^^

I bought 26 A.Bcoins today as i managed to get them for 10k each and therefore managed to pickup...

^^ Be pretty awsome now when i can swop for suppa too
            DJ has lots of gil!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

he also has strange and wonderous ways of MPKing me ^^

Comment

Our drops got better. Moot camped Mysticmaker Profblix on Saturday evening. No drop first kill, outclaimed on second but claim on third and he got a:

At around the same time, I’m in Dynamis-Jeuno and I get:

The second worst piece of relic armour but at least better than the rubbish I got last week Can only get better from here on.

I also bagged my own Moldavite Earring yesterday afternoon after getting a spawn all to myself. Not sure why but demand for that drop has decreased a lot lately.

Comment

Grats man, think im gonna give that earring ago its about time i did as i can use on nin,drk and rdm soon.

Comment

Go for it. As I said competition isn’t as fierce as it used to be. When I camped the first pop with Wynth and Moot on Saturday we had the place to ourself. Second and third spawns where he was solo was just 1 rival camper each time.

When I camped with Mosley yesterday the first time there were 2 other people camping (AaD members) and another PT of 2 arrived just before spawn. Second spawn was 1 solo camper (who seemed to test their Stun macro for claim on a Cockatrice literally seconds before the NM spawned ) and the final one for me, no one else there at all.

Also, yesterday it dropped 3 times in a row so droprate isn’t too bad at all.

I’ve not had chance to test mine out yet but keep meaning to try it out with relic head to see what it’s like. If results are good I may think about meriting the San spells.

Comment

Can I interest anyone in a number of trips to Halvung to try and get a couple of these:

I think me and Lutann are after them for our NIN as the loss of Attack+6 from the Bomb Core to gain Accuracy+6 is worth it (especially for Nyzul Isle bird camp).

Drops (not 100&#37 from the Big Bomb NM which is located fairly deep into Halvung. Big Bomb used to be a lottery spawn, but is now a triggered NM with the trigger dropping from Friar’s Lantern mobs around the NM spawn area (think the Gigas NMs in Upper Delkfutt’s Tower).

Myself, Moot and Buju went a massive exploration of Halvung on Friday evening to find the route to the NM (including multiple sacrifice pulls to get past True Sight Wamoura (evil things).

We found that you can take Runic Portal to Halvung Staging Point then head through the gates of Halvung, past the Merit Camp of Crap EXP, and back into a small part of Halvung which you go through back out to Mount Zhalyolm. Here you head in the general direction of the Navkgo Execution Chamber, but go past that and you come to a further zone into Halvung. This puts you on the correct map for the NM. We made it as far as a door which required multiple people to open (we were down to 2 at this time so it needs at least 3). However, past that we think the only difficulty is getting past 1 True Sight NM.

The only real difficulty on the journey is Wamoura on Mount Zhayolm but the area is wide enough to dodge those.

Comment

/ defo up for that it will come in mega handy for nin and drk

Comment

I've got a new one to throw inot the ring, I'm after a Quantz's Earring

This is from the automaton assault RSE BC, need 2 other humes to volunteer to take this one on.

Comment

Nice, i'd be up for that, earring is pretty nice.

Comment

That’s a really fun ENM, and not too hard but you’re going to have to think about your PT setup carefully as you need a balance of damage types. When I’ve completed in the past (with Darwock/Daragon and Wedge) we’ve gone in as NIN, BLM and BST and it’s seemed to work.

Each of the 4 automatons you face has a weakness to a specific type of damage (they are not immune to other types, just highly resistant). The Tarutaru is weak to melee damage, the Galka weak to magic damage and the Mithra weak to ranged attack damage. We never figured out what the Elvaan was weak to. It seemed to resist all types of damage equally but not to the same extent as the other automatons.

Droprate on the earrings seemed pretty good to us. We went ¾ (2 Belinky’s Earrings and 1 Quantz’s) which is what we wanted

Comment

Yup Elven is neutral no reistance I've already researched

Quantz's is the favourite clearly happy to keep doing till everyone has just want one!

Comment

Working...
                                X