This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock
    I am not happy!! I've spent about a week of serious farming time, managed to scrape together 70,000 gil to go to Jeuno and buy some elemental pacts.

Someone here said a light spirit was 60K... try 200,000! Dark is 700,000! The only one remaining for me of the 'normal' elems was thunder, no problem I thought - bzzzzzt wrong! 150,000. I don't think I would have that much if I got back every bit of money I'd made since I started.... I could cry....
    Thunder elemental Pact.

take 3 people. 20 beast seals(converted to an orb in jueno of course) and go to the Hut in gelsba (where you bash the dragoon wyvern) and whore it. its against 3 bats, has a lvl 20 cap and is dead easy. thats where thunder ele drops. The prices i gave were relevant and still are for Ragnarok. they are lower because the NM that drop them are whored.

Comment

Dunno what dragoon wyvern hut you're talking about, but I'll look into it. Cheers.

Erm, if it drops just one would I then have to lot against the group? Or is there an agreement as to whoever fronts the seals, gets the goodies?

Comment

The good news! As you guys said - no problems with my 17/18 party killing Ghouls...

The bad news! These suckers are hard to find 5? hours and only managed to battle 3 Ghouls and none of them dropped the skull...

Apart from the 3, one put me to sleep and killed me right at the start of the evening as I was being agro'd by a Gob. Then I saw two at 1.30am as I was heading back to Selbina after the party disbanded - doah!

Still, got within 700 of level 18 so will try again tonight.

Comment

OK I have a fair few volunteers for my Super Suicide Katana Obtaination Mission (YAY! ) and I think it's fairer for all involved if I specify a time when we should do it, rather than simply announce that 'we are doing katana mission now'.

So how abouts Saturday evening at about 7pm? All meet in Port Jeuno and fly over to Kazham, chocobo out to Temple of Uggalepih and hoopefully get this done.

Comment

How does that work Rare? Do you need volunteers who are willing to do the work while you get all the reward? Or does the thing drop one sword for every member? I'm just trying to anticipate how hard it will be to get people to help me get that thunder pact.

Comment

we work for free.... well almost(we get other things from this, skillups,a small amount of exp, adventuring in a new place..... and my coffer key >.> <.< )

Comment

Oof, that's gotta make it a hard sell sometimes. I'm sure not everyone has a helpful linkshell to rely on.

Comment

Mahlory can't make Saturday evening (she's Nephewsitting that evening). I'll still come along though : )

I managed to get my Eldieme Coffer last night when we logged on (we got tired of camping it tuesday, so logged off near the spawnpoint, it was there when we logged on yesterday) So I need to bit of running about in Upper Jeuno and then I can go off and fight Dark Spark. I'll attempt to join a group fighting darky tonight (I'm lv 54+buffer, it just sucks not having the AF I can use at this level :/ )

Comment

If Mahlory does still want to help I am willing to rearrange the date as necessary. I do feel a WHM is going to be needed for this for Barfira, in order to nullify the potency of Mijin-Gakure.

Comment

Without Barfira I Fear This Could Truly Be A Suicide Mission

Comment

Suicide mission = ratings

Comment

Grrrr... I'm really going to have to stop listening to advice.

I went to Jeuno, got the cloudy orb, went to the Ghelsba hut, spent an hour searching for strangers to help me.. told em it was easy, entered the battlefield...

They weren't allowed in and I got slaughtered. Waste of seals, xp and time >:-(

Comment

In fact reading up on it now that scroll is only one of around 15 items they are likely to drop, so I probably had zero chance of getting it anyway. I should have used that f*&king world shifter when I had the chance

Comment

Had a great party at Valkurm last night. Every one else was level 4x/5x leveling up their nth subjob so got to see a lot of cool partying tactics that I haven't seen before.

However, even though one of the guys (who was a RDM52) said he would help with the ghoul/skull by the end of the evening it was clear he meant he would help some other time!!!

So, I took a walk to the enterance of Gusgen Mines and will see if I can get some help there (as apparantly ghouls are a lot more common there)...

Comment

Nice one Taliz, whenever I level my characters (I've had quite a few!) and need the skull I usually get help offers from people in the link but must of the time I can't wait and just go ask a random high level in Gusgen to get one for me. There are always people in there mining, most are glad to help in my experience. Just don't go too far in by yourself, the Skeleton Warriors will rape your batty

Comment

Working...
                                X