This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock
    Garrison was covered in issue 2, which gave an insight into what's involved. Protect NPCs from wave after wave of enemy attacks by the looks of it. It was a single party (no alliance) that did it, with a failure on Qufim and win at Valkurm (only 2 survivors however!)

They also showed the strategy used in the successful attempt - it involved one member staying back at the outpost to heal the NPCs while everybody else attempted to draw the monsters away from the NPCs.
    Cool! This sounds like fun

Comment

Had so much fun last night, doing nothing more complicated than trying to get the palborough chest key.. when we went in straight away it seemed like trouble as a load of people were using shouts, swearing and going on about calling GMs on each other etc. Sure enough when we crossed over into the area where the toughest quadavs live, there was not a quadav in sight - just a bunch of level 50-60 people camping the area and a number of others looking for their keys. Seems the high level group had been clearing the area completely and leaving nothing for anyone else.

Me and Claude staked out the spawns near the Waughroon shrine zone. I had gone as 24 red mage to try and get my level back that I lost in Zi'Tah. The high levels were running up and down constantly checking for spawns, but when the first pop appeared they rushed it and got an interrupted cast - i was slower off the mark with Dia but it found the target So while we're slugging it out with this DC Quadav, 2 more spawn, which are finished off in the time it took us to swing our swords once.

Obviously we can't kill them quick enough to be able to claim more than one every 5/10 minutes, which is going to suck. So next time, we need to push the limits and fight two at once.

There is a spawn which we attack, and about 10 seconds later another appears. I switch target and try to keep both of us alive until Claude finishes the 1st one off - it wasn't going well. 1st one died with both of our health-bars in the orange. Claude's HP drops to the red during 2nd fight, I'm running out of MP. One of the high-level guys is standing watching this - no cures to spare for us obviously, this is war! Just as I run out of MP, both of our health at red, Claude does his weapon skill. With the next hit I get 100% TP, and do mine - skillchain: scission, Quadav dies, key drops into treasure pool.

Claude had 16 hp remaining and I had 38! Kazham airship pass well earned

Comment

This is starting to get very annoying, I logged on and to start with the LS search was not working, then I warped to Jeuno and lost connection and have not been able to get back on since.

The stability of the game is really going downhill lately.

Comment

You guys seen this, reduction in xp required post 50...

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/0415.html

Comment

Perfect timing!

I'm not sure what is meant by them saying level 75 players don't have the same impact on the rest of the world as they used to - is that just because there are so many of them now?

Comment

if the numbers are lowered to lvl, say they drop 5-10k needed to off each cap, i'll start my sam up again, it make the level grind alot easier, and the pressure to kind partying in to the early hours of the morning not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                if the numbers are lowered to lvl, say they drop 5-10k needed to off each cap, i'll start my sam up again, it make the level grind alot easier, and the pressure to kind partying in to the early hours of the morning not needed.
                Go for it dude, its such a shame to let your Samurai job go to waste at this point.

On other news, I was on Chocobo last night and saw Stray Mary, got off chocobo and claimed it, no mary's horn but its good to have got the claim.

Comment

As I use fraps now for some stuff like NM fights and stuff I just re-watched the Novv the Whitehearted video and it turns out we took 14 Minutes to beat it, thats probably the longest fight ive had in the game, fun and challenging though.

Comment

I assume so, I'm making a slow run to 50 now, made 43 the other night along with Caladbolg. Would like to get another level this weekend, who knows maybe even 2. I can almost smell Genkai 1 and I want it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
                      As I use fraps now for some stuff like NM fights and stuff I just re-watched the Novv the Whitehearted video and it turns out we took 14 Minutes to beat it, thats probably the longest fight ive had in the game, fun and challenging though.
                      if tasha will camp with us we will kill it alot faster, the problem i had was i could trick or sneak attack and thats where all my damage comes from, if tasha helps i'll be able to deal abour 1k damage per minute so it will go down pretty fast ^_^

Comment

That would probably pi$$ me off quite a bit if they lower the xp actually - it might be in my benefit right now, but how do I know I'm not going to put in all that effort levelling my character between 50 and 75 (or even above 25, where the changes begin) only to find that as soon as I get there my achievement is de-valued by them lowering the xp requirement again?

Comment

trust me, when you get past 50 you won't be saying that, exping starts becoming a chore and unless you have 'wanted job' and even if do have 'wanted job' having to exp to the '1-2am' just to get a less than quater of the exp needed to level becomes demoralising, just so you can go do other cool things like mission's, quests etc,etc.

i think this exp lowering is in response to WoW, there losing a fare few player because the '2nd half' of the game really is a time sink that normal folk (i.e. those with jobs, friends, other hobbies and nights out) can't handle.

Comment

Well there's the explanation for the poor servers lately - denial of service attacks. Hope they catch the f*&kers responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                              trust me, when you get past 50 you won't be saying that, exping starts becoming a chore and unless you have 'wanted job' and even if do have 'wanted job' having to exp to the '1-2am' just to get a less than quater of the exp needed to level becomes demoralising, just so you can go do other cool things like mission's, quests etc,etc.
                              If everyone found it to be that way, why are there level 75 characters on the server? Wouldn't everyone just stop levelling and start going out more?

I would like the opportunity to experience these levels the way they are (the target I have been working towards) for myself, rather than this being taken away because of some people's frustrations or lack of success in those levels.

Comment

Landmark moment for me this morning... when I first saw it in the Jeuno AH all those months ago I didn't think I would *ever* see this happen:

It's like a weight off my shoulders finally having got that bought. I no longer have to worry about rising AH prices!

Partly thanks to the easter eggstravaganza, here's a pic to commemorate that occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X