Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was no mention of any event like that when I logged on at lunchtime, the only thing on the front page was about this invitee thing.

Comment

Got a wooden Katana from the Event Moogle in Windurst then when I spoke to the Nomad Moogle outside the gate I got a level cap of 1!

As far as I can tell you have to kill a Samurai mob with the wooden Katana and by getting the Nomad Moogle to cast a spell on you (the level 1 cap?) means you take less damage from the mob. Dependant on how you do against the Samurai mob you get some kind of rating that gets you a prize from the Event Moogle. Not sure how it all works with the level cap mind...

Comment

I heard there was lvl cap for different zones, so when its on you don't lose exp when you die, from what i understand so far, you gotta collect 'aura' by smacking the samurai's with the G.K (more points if u get a finishing blow) then after a certain amount of points you can trade HQ Wooden G.K

Comment

Seems about right Tobal, not sure if there's anything else in the post with this one. The other rewards seem to be some mochi that turns you into little boy galka's, taru, elves and humes. It's sort of like the guy version of the doll festival.

Might have a look later though I think level 46 calls more than likely. Trying to get to that magical 50. Got 5-2 open now and really want my rank 6 to start the Zilart missions.

Comment

hi guys, can anyone check out the price of "tree cuttings" in jeuno AH? i need about 20 of them for gardening. can you please let me know how much is the price of 1 stack then the further 8 pieces of them. i cant yet get to jeuno atm, so might as well ask you peps if you can get me some. i will send the gil to the person and you can just send the cuttings to Kleng(my char).

thanks

Comment

I'd guess they'll be around the 120k mark roughly per stack. You've obviously done pretty well to sort that kind of cash out this quickly. Not sure I'd try this till you're sure that the servers are stable though could cost you a lot of gil.

Comment

hi guys, can anyone check out the price of "tree cuttings" in jeuno AH?
                They are ridiculously expensive I believe, something like 150,000 gil per stack?

Last nights adventures:

Spent a couple of hours chasing those sodding samurai all over sarutabaruta... not doing that any more, incredibly frustrating and rewards aren't very special (to my knowledge). Still, some chump bought all my mochi afterwards so can't complain

Then I set off for Beaucedine Glacier to try and find Fei'Yin with the intention of investigating my next mission (5-1). Double blizzard conditions nearly all the way, f*&king nightmare. I spent about 15-20 minutes hiding out in Pso'Xja waiting for the weather to change because I couldn't see a thing in front of me, no idea if I was about to run into a super-strength goblin or bat eye or something - also I was just running randomly forwards half the time! Occasionally I could make out another character in the distance so I would always follow them, but seemingly nobody else had to worry abut aggro so I could never follow for long either.

Spoilerizing the next bit for those who aren't at this stage of the game.

First sighting of Fei'Yin was as an abnormal silhouette on the skyline, I knew that must have been it because it didn't fit the surroundings.. when I got closer, well jeez that's an ominous sight!!

Ran around inside for ages, checking door after door while trying to stay within range of a clear spot to cast sneak, and also maintain a sufficient distance from the golems and pots... first time encountering 'shadows' outside of halloween O_O

Eventually found a much larger door and sure enough, it led to a burning circle. Wasn't going to be put off by that, so I entered the battlefield lol...

First mob I saw was Archliche Knkl'Hzhd'W or something, a 10 foot skeleton.. I ran back and cast sneak, then ran into the arena.. he has two other skeletons flanking him, all impossible to gauge.. they are very widely spaced though so I'm sure a one at a time pull is possible. 15 minutes time limit.

I think I'll probably do a search for all rank 5's this weekend and then ask any of the one's around my level if they want to do it. Should be easy to fight anything on the way with a group - it will only be the battle that remains an unknown quantity but Rare said it should be do-able for 45s so I'm confident at 46.

Also got an unexpected gift of the Warp II scroll when I got home
                Last edited by Darwock; 29-04-2005, 09:42.

Comment

I really want to get on last night for the event quests and Solo Enm and yet again my connection is off, I bloody hate NTL the engineer did **** all again yesterday, ?yea we have problem on your street, so I most likely the box, the network team?s in the area so I?ll call them to take a look?

Get home after work and it still off. Im pretty sure it'll be same thing tonight as well, so another round calls this time an angery tone

Comment

Darwock mate, I really enjoy reading your posts (maybe because in a way, you remind me of myself when I had a real dedication to the game ). You have an attitude towards the game that I can really relate to but you seem even more dedicated to the cause than I was.

Your ?stubbornness? with regard to AF1 was exemplary when many others would have simply got random high levels to basically do it for them. I?ve seen people at level 60-65 with rank 10s (still on their first job) and I have to wonder why. For me, having a 10 next to my nation?s flag would be meaningless if I didn?t feel I had actually contributed anything on the way there (a reason why I like level capped BCNM battles despite the difficulties it causes when I don?t have appropriate equipment to take part, i.e. why I missed out on Promyvions which I regret now ) .

Your journey to Fei?Yin sounded very similar to mine. Perhaps you?re the same but sometimes you just get this indescribable desire to go off to somewhere you haven?t been just to see if you can find it. I was level 48 I think and knew my next mission had to go to Fei?Yin which was in Beaudacine so I trotted up there for no reason other than just seeing what I could find. I had the map but Fei?Yin isn?t marked so it was a case of trying to guess my way there and when I finally saw the impending structure I was amazed (I think I even commented on the LS, it was that much of an impressive sight ^_^). Sadly I never went very far inside on that journey as the bats at the entrance aggroed and without Sneak I couldn?t get past. But just finding Fei?Yin was enough and it actually paid off when I got invited to tank for 5-1 by a random pickup group and I was the only one out of the 6 who knew the way. However, I did lose that coolness factor when I proudly proclaimed to my party that I didn?t need Invisible off the mages on the way there as I had ninjitsu only to find that I had left my Shinobi-tabi (tool used to case Ninja spell Tonko) in the mogsafe >_<

Got to agree about the double snow status in the glacier too. Easily the most impressive and effective weather effect in game.

Keep on adventuring mate. There?s a ton of impressive sights awaiting you (wait until you see the main hall in Boyhada Tree. I was awestruck in there. So beautiful.)

Comment

shucks thanks Rare, lol.

Way I see it is that this is the meat of the game right here, the things we encounter on a daily basis are not just a series of obstacles in the path of getting to the *real* game. This is it. The end-game stuff was put in afterwards to stop people moving on. You can generally only complete each mission/quest once, so I'm gonna milk them for all their worth! lol

Vanicent also still needs to do Promyvion's, so there will be a revisiting of it one day. I'd promised to help him anyway.

Comment

i still have promey-mea to do, so still have the kit to do the others(has either rng or pld).

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao
                          I'd guess they'll be around the 120k mark roughly per stack. You've obviously done pretty well to sort that kind of cash out this quickly. Not sure I'd try this till you're sure that the servers are stable though could cost you a lot of gil.
                          hmm, they are expensive.

i guess i cant afford it. i thought i may be able to try my hands at gardening. so far i have around 20k

Comment

try gardening 1st by using seeds, they drop from low lvl mandras, while they won't make ore they should make crystall or foo items (millicorn a good one), if you get the hang of it they go the uber tree cuttings.

Comment

Sounds cool. If Vanicent is still interested in doing Promyvion after his exams (last exam on May 31st I believe) then I think I will take part in them and get them complete. Perhaps having COP missions to complete will give me a motivation to play the game.

Apa, I know you are reading messages here occasionally. Have you got COP/done Promy yet? If not any chance of being able to join us at end of May, early June?

Also am I right in thinking a lot of the LS has yet to do missions beyond Promyvion. I think the level caps are higher on those missions and I do have gear in storage appropriate to those levels.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                                Sounds cool. If Vanicent is still interested in doing Promyvion after his exams (last exam on May 31st I believe) then I think I will take part in them and get them complete. Perhaps having COP missions to complete will give me a motivation to play the game.

Apa, I know you are reading messages here occasionally. Have you got COP/done Promy yet? If not any chance of being able to join us at end of May, early June?

Also am I right in thinking a lot of the LS has yet to do missions beyond Promyvion. I think the level caps are higher on those missions and I do have gear in storage appropriate to those levels.
                                Wedge and I did the first COP Mission which is a level 40 cap. I am ready to do the next one - also a level 40 cap.

I still have all my BLM30 gear and happy to help with any of the promy runs...

Last time I spoke with Apa about this he didn't have COP.

Comment

Working...
                                X