Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished CoP mission 1, joined a Promey-mea with Rng/Rng/War/Smn/Whm/Blm took a while to actually get started, I went to toilet when waiting inside promey to come back to a 12 man alliance. I thought straight this would lead to lots of trouble, but in a surprising twist the only agro we got was once on the 2nd floor and only had to pull 2 monsters to fight on the 3rd floor, got to the spire in 40 mins, then the spire fight itself was the easiest I?ve done. Again war the middle, mages on steps and Rng?s left and right, basically we us melee?s bounce hate around, used animas(only had 3 in the party) after 60% Hp, and then pound the Boss with 2hr after 2hr at 60% hp, with Snm up first, thing died 1min later and I was onto Chapter 2

Comment

Well done dude, I found after beating promyvions the game seemed to really open up more.

The new areas are good too.

Comment

The new areas really do look very good, for the moe I finished level my Sam(in normal exp parties) until I level THF to 37 and I plan to get some missions out the way using CP to buy lvl40 armour for the next CoP mission and hopefully answer some San?d Rank 6/7/8 missions in jeuno if there going, I also need to start making gil again I wasted all my cash on Sushi and new lvl65 G.K, and Sushi starting to raise in price to sickening prices (53k last night from a normally static 35-40k) so I picked the right time to stop levelling a high end job, Sushi at lvl30-40 is overkill.

Comment

Been off work with a nasty bug so have been just generally faffing about on FFXI, couldn't do anything too demanding anyway as I kept falling asleep in front of the TV. I've been back to level 49 and returned to 50 several times now, spent hours trying to get 50 back fighting EP evil weapons for 12xp a kill, had it at 12tnl and the b&^tard killed me!! Anyway a party in the quicksand caves sorted that out, I can take quite a few more deaths now (which no doubt I will have to before I can achieve the limit break)

Saw this while running around doing quests for San d'Oria - I knew it happened but have never seen it 'naturally' before.

Also got invited to another attempt at 'The Worm's Turn'.. even easier than last time, again 'your orb, your loot'.. I did much better this time as I got a scroll of Erase all to myself (woohoo!!) However I would still have been better off if we had shared, each of us would have walked away with over 700K! Reason for that is we had three drops of Utsusemi:ni which is selling for 950K at the moment!! I sold my scroll and blew all the proceeds on a single earring The invite was totally out of the blue so may as well treat myself ^^

We missed the record of 10 minutes 1 second by just 30 seconds on the last attempt.

I spoke to the Jeuno fame guy last night and he called me 'Lord' Darwock and started giving me all this kudos.. amazed really as I haven't done a great deal for Jeuno... perhaps it's quality not quantity that counts heheh. I am also the hero of Windurst apparently, but have not got as much respect in Bastok or San d'Oria.

Comment

Utsusemi: Ni selling for 950k? O_o Mine was 40k just under a year ago. The NIN job is really getting ****ed over

Comment

950K??????????????????????????

How bloody typical, I sold mine for 200k about 3 months ago. That really is ****ing insane for a fairly common BCNM drop

And darwock, how on earth can you play the game with it looking that bad? Carbuncle looks like a sprite in that screenshot

Comment

Yeah it seems absolutely ridiculous to me, even the jump from 500K which it was at when we did steamed sprouts (not that long ago!!). I can't see it maintaining that price for long.

lol Daragon, I dunno, it doesn't look so bad on my TV ^^ taking the low res off the PS2 and displaying it on a high res PC monitor is never going to do it any favours though!
                Last edited by Darwock; 07-05-2005, 15:36.

Comment

Well after a weekend away came back and had another dart at a bit of FFXI. Managed to sort out 2 of my Genkai 1 items, just need my papyrus now. The papy run is tough to set up and even tougher to get the drop but I will sort it and sort it soon.

Now all I need to do is get myself up to 50 and get that papyrus before it's AF2 time!

As for Utsusemi:Ni just who in the name of god is paying that, I already know I'm not going to buy erase but BCNM for it instead. I just don't get it to be honest these things are common drops, from 6 runs we had 3 erase scrolls and an utsusemi:ni.
                  Last edited by Tsingtao; 08-05-2005, 21:48.

Comment

I think I've logged my AF2 (at least, the quest was given by the same person who gave my AF1 quest and it follows directly on from it).. but it's confusing the hell out of me. The set up told me to go to Jeuno and investigate, which I did, and the lead I found pointed me towards Crawler's Nest. The person I need to find supposedly was last seen leaving on an expedition to kill the Crawler Queen '20 years ago'. But the quest description says 'after getting more information head to Jeuno and then on to the Northlands'. Ehhh?!??! It also states that 2 of the ex-ministers have more information, hmmmm well there are only three and despite talking to all of them several times over, only Koru-moru told me anything related to this quest (which was the 'go to Jeuno' part).

Either a discrepancy in the quest info or I'll find something in the nest which points me back to beaucedine/xarcabard I guess. I suppose it should be fun finding out!

Comment

Has anyone read the 5th census results yet?

Shocking that there are more characters at level 75 than at any other single level excluding level 1...

Also trying to figure out why they included the jobs by popularity for the beastmen races, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                        Has anyone read the 5th census results yet?

Shocking that there are more characters at level 75 than at any other single level excluding level 1...

Also trying to figure out why they included the jobs by popularity for the beastmen races, lol.
                        yes i have. some very interesting reading there.

though i didnt understand whats the point of the beastman jobs charts for. do SE not know what kinds of jobs that are available for each beastman races?

finally, the amount of mules in game is staggering.

Comment

Still don't have a mule here.. came close to it recently but I haven't done the moghouse expansion quest I heard about, plus I've still got lots of room for furniture. I haven't really got any extra time to capitalise on a mule for making gil either so might as well save the extra dollar a month.

Another thing that confuses me about the census is the chart of jobs showing what's most popular - warrior is highest at 21% with blm at 11% or something but then the figures underneath list black mage/white mage as most popular job, with 12%??
                          Last edited by Darwock; 09-05-2005, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                            warrior is highest at 21% with blm at 11% or something but then the figures underneath list black mage/white mage as most popular job, with 12%??
                            black mage/white mage was the most popular job on the last census, I think the tables show this census and the last one as a comparison.

Comment

Rank 5 ... obtained

Comment

Originally posted by vwilsonuk
                                Rank 5 ... obtained

I now I?m being a smug git here, but after being hounded about me welcoming the exp cap drop in the last patch which have made things easier because it was hard to get parties and a huge time sink, i remember certain people wanting to experience the grind, the blood, sweat and tears that goes into achieving something.

So well done on rank 5 at lvl 31.

Comment

Working...
                                X