This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal
    I now I?m being a smug git here, but after being hounded about me welcoming the exp cap drop in the last patch which have made things easier because it was hard to get parties and a huge time sink, i remember certain people wanting to experience the grind, the blood, sweat and tears that goes into achieving something.

So well done on rank 5 at lvl 31.
    The patch wouldn't have made rank 5 any easier than it was before. I helped Darwock, Talizker and Tsingtao get their Quadav parts a little while back for a later mission (I think, or it could've also been rank 5) so I got my parts there too. Then I collected the magicite samples today, solo, which took about four hours. Took a couple of deaths in Castle Oztroja, but all it really required was some skill with the game and the application of a little coherent thought. Can't think why you struggled.

Surprised to see you on Bayan's new ls actually, I thought you were saying before that the ls was dead and that you'd found plenty of new places to hang out. Got your number already have they?

Last edited by vwilsonuk; 10-05-2005, 23:32.

Comment

I'm not saying Rank5 would be any easier or harder pre or post patch, i don't understand why you brought up stuggling either to cover you, i mean the vast majority of people do this quest at when they hit or are close the 40's(like i 'n' other Ls members at the time did) so they don't need high lvl help to glide the wheels for them, so well done there on the hard work.... so what's next rank 6 at lvl 35?

As for the Ls, i said those things before Bayan recreated a new subistute, so if there anything wrong in me wanting to be in a place i can chat then do say so, i still stand by that will need another ls if im to get things like Rank 7-10, Zm or the latter CoP missions done as throw together parties are unlikely to work.

Comment

played a bit this morning to get my monk up to 20 but it was ruined by one tarutaru to$$er named: RAMBUS

this git was lecturing us all about WS in valkurm. having told off for every single little one of us in every single fight, saying "dont do this, dont do that", "stop what you doing", "turn it around", "voke it" etc.

i for one didnt mind about it, until i was the one who ended up in the recieving end of his lectures. what happened was that they have a skillchain ending up with distortion with the blm doing MB. i happened to release combo just before MB and he was so pissed about it cuz he claims it changes the element of the MB. i dont knw if hes right or wrong, but i just happened to respond "its all the same, if it kills the mob". from this point on he started bad mouthing me and the rest of the PT and it seems that everybody was getting kinda irritated by RAMBUS' lecturing. then he started claiming that "WE SHOULD" all listen to him and over "222 days of playtime" has given him the right to know that hes right. and so he went on to pull a pugil, while i was just sitting not saying anything. while he was pulling, he died cuz hes HP was getting kinda low. i totally missed it that his hp is running out. knowing how much is he going to react to this, i decided to logout with a farewell message to mr. rambus, "ok Ram, you can cram that know-it-all ****e up your arse, im off..."

and so that i felt a bit better after that...

Comment

Congratulations Hicory, maybe you'll catch up to us before we do the missions for rank 6... that's entirely possible at the moment. Hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by bokawel
            played a bit this morning to get my monk up to 20 but it was ruined by one tarutaru to$$er named: RAMBUS
            Hey bokawel, if this thread wasn't 320 pages long I could dredge up many examples to show we've all been through stuff like that.. it's like a FFXI stereotype unfortunately, there's loads of people of that ilk. The funny thing is it's probably mainly twelve year olds who act like the biggest totalitarian arsehole control freaks in the game. They tell everyone what to do and listen to what nobody has to say, the worst example I've seen the person was even telling the rest of the party what was wrong with all their equipment!

Just thinking about it makes me angry, but it's always a nice feeling walking out of a party like that. That's usually when you get the tells coming through with "look at me, I'm rank x and you're nothing!" etc. Heheh...

Comment

I'm not saying Rank5 would be any easier or harder pre or post patch, i don't understand why you brought up stuggling either to cover you, i mean the vast majority of people do this quest at when they hit or are close the 40's(like i 'n' other Ls members at the time did) so they don't need high lvl help to glide the wheels for them, so well done there on the hard work.... so what's next rank 6 at lvl 35?
              Brought up struggling "to cover me"? For what? I did the mission at level 31 with the help of my peers who I had partied with many times before, and I was helping them with backup healing at the same time. If I can achieve rank 6 at level 35 through my own investment of time and energy and with the support of contemporaries I will do. My choice to level white mage as main job has put me in a particularly strong position for these kinds of activities, as I have almost infinite Sneak and Invisible. There are many players whose jobs won't allow them to do this, or those who want to wait longer to solo the whole thing. I respect their choice and it has no negative reflection on them. However, if the game will allow me to progress and both myself and others whose opinion I respect regard it as playing fair, I don't see any reason to artificially delay my progress in the game just because a small number of other players are too ignorant or antisocial to be able to accomplish the same. I imagine its a great comfort to those players to dismiss the success of those around them through whatever devices they can, so driven are they by their own (bizarre!) insecurities. I didn't post my note here for them, though, rather the vast majority of the linkshell and group who would actually enjoy the achievement of a longstanding goal with me and encourage me towards the next.

Comment

So taking the easy route of getting peers (I?ll read that as higher level help) to achieve something you wouldn?t normally be able to do at your current level(heck even Apa asked innocently if you had deleveled) a bit conflicting to this Hard route you want take, which is pretty much the vibe I got from you when you launched an a attack at me for welcoming the patch, regardless of previous squabble over CoP with darwock (which most likely reason you did it, as we?ve never seen eye to eye since then). That?s the only thing I?m pointing out, that after that argument you went and took the easy road you?re dead against that I got roasted for wanting. This isn?t about being anti-social(this all based on arguments with 2 people I rarely talk to anyway) or proving how many online friends we have, this is about you being a hypocrite.

You brought struggling for some reason to suggest that i struggled when I did that mission, which is a bit far from the truth, I went and did with no problem?s in a few hours with similar level LS members at the time, but I would call ?dying a few times? to do it, a ?struggle?

Comment

What lvl is everyone now, I haven't been on much lately, although I did notice Apathye was storming through the levels.

Comment

stopped at 65 to lvl my subs, farm/craft and hopefully get rank7-8 done

Comment

So taking the easy route of getting peers (I?ll read that as higher level help) to achieve something you wouldn?t normally be able to do at your current level(heck even Apa asked innocently if you had deleveled) a bit conflicting to this Hard route you want take, which is pretty much the vibe I got from you when you launched an a attack at me for welcoming the patch, regardless of previous squabble over CoP with darwock (which most likely reason you did it, as we?ve never seen eye to eye since then). That?s the only thing I?m pointing out, that after that argument you went and took the easy road you?re dead against that I got roasted for wanting. This isn?t about being anti-social(this all based on arguments with 2 people I rarely talk to anyway) or proving how many online friends we have, this is about you being a hypocrite.

You brought struggling for some reason to suggest that i struggled when I did that mission, which is a bit far from the truth, I went and did with no problem?s in a few hours with similar level LS members at the time, but I would call ?dying a few times? to do it, a ?struggle?
                      1. Read it any way you like, it still says what it says.

2. I want the game to be a challenge, and to remain true to its original nature not become a weakened form to compete with WoW and in doing so lose what makes it special. This doesn't mean I'm going to make my life more difficult than it has to be if I can progress in a way that gives me a sense of achievement.

3. The reason I don't "see eye to eye" with you is that you're an insecure, immature, antagonistic, ungrateful, judgemental, aggressive two-faced little **** who indulges double standards wherever he goes and never accepts responsibility for any of the problems he causes. I hope this clears up any confusion for you.

Comment

I'm at level 50.

Comment

Hicory. I Find It Highly Offensive You Come On Here And Insult One Of Rarghs
                          Longest Running Members. What Tobal Is Trying To Say Is That These Mission
                          Where Add As Level Caps Were Added, And Therefore Everyone Was A
                          Particular Level. If You Wish To Sneak and Invis Your Self To Rank 10 No One
                          Will Stop You, But I Like To Think That Waiting Untill I Was 72 To Get Rank 10
                          Made It A Title Worthy Of My Level, Not The Level Of My Friends....

Comment

On Another Note, I Am Leveling Warrior To 75 Atm, And Working On
                            Other Functional Subjobs e.g Samurai and White Mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayan
                              Hicory. I Find It Highly Offensive You Come On Here And Insult One Of Rarghs
                              Longest Running Members.
                              Be offended. You've never partied with me. You've hardly ever spoken to me. You don't actually know anything about the disagreements I've had with Tobal. Talk about something you know something about.

Comment

Wow, I Dont Know Whats Got You So Worked Up. Your Being Suprisingly Cold
                                And Being Very Offensive On A Public Forum. I Am Not Going To Start An
                                Insulting Contest Nor Am I Going To End One. I Have Witnessed Alot Of
                                Rargh's Members Working Very Hard To Acheive Things In This Game, And
                                I Think You Miss Undestand The Effort People Put Into The Characters So
                                That They Could Complete These Missions As A Party. All Of Them Worked
                                Hard To Gain Level 60 And Beat The Shadow Lord, Something I Envy As My
                                Shadow Lord Fight Involved Watching a Lvl 70 SAM and BLM Renkei Him To
                                Death. This Game Is Very Party Minded, And Everything Is Designed With That
                                In Mind, Nothing Is Stopping You From Getting Some Of Them Done With High
                                Level Help, But Luckily Later Mission Are A Whole Lot Harder.

Added: I Would Also Like To Add That I Have No Problem With You Hicory, Just That Particular Post. If You Wish To Play The Game That Way That Is
                                Your Decision, No One Elses. The Is No "Correct" Level For Any Missions, But Ask Yourself, If All The Party Was Your Level... Would You Win?
                                Last edited by Bayan; 11-05-2005, 14:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X