Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I've heard tactics usually go that the BST charms one of the smaller bats and sets it on the other little bat. The tank then tanks the main with nuking support and healing from the mage.

Once the main one goes down the rest as they say is history. The alternative is to train the pet onto the big one. The easiest is supposed to be 2 BSTs and charm both little mobs, then the mage just heals and nukes.

If it's a 20 I have WHM BLM THF MNK NIN WAR and PLD to use. Think we may be better on a higher level one though for better drops.

Comment

I have RDM if its a 20, too ... will just need to buy back all the gear I'm currently selling!

Comment

Yeah I doubt we'll do an organised attempt on this one, but maybe if I ever feel like wasting some seals I'll give you guys a shout ^^ I don't think doing it with a beastmaster is the only way you can win it. Might be fun trying an 'unconventional' strategy, heheh!

Comment

so, how many of you plan to switch over to Xbox360 version of this game?

Comment

I think I'll be sticking with the PC version - The 360 might be an impressive console, but does it match the power of a system kitted to brim with lovelies such as an nvidia 6800 ultra, 3.0 ghz processor and 1.5gb of ram? Besides, M$ might pull another stunt like they did with the PAL Xbox and block out the high res option.

Also, rather than being called a noob by a 10 year old via text, you'll have them screaming it down your ear instead and from experience, thats never a good thing.

Comment

How on earth could they make voice chat work? Can you imagine the state of Jeuno if everybody was *actually* shouting? Although as I've said before it would be nice to know for sure which memebrs of your party are the spoilt children...

Switching would be a nice idea but in order to do so and keep my character I would no doubt need a US console, and there's now way I'm starting from scratch now.

Comment

Well I guess it depends. They have said that it will be graphically improved so even if an Xbox360 doesn?t match up technically to a top line PC it may offer a more impressive game world, if they don?t upgrade the PC client in the same way.

Also, there is no way MS will lock out HDTV options this time. Progressive/high def TVs are getting cheaper all the time. Also, get your PAL Xbox chipped and getting it to output HD options is cake. Just switch it to NTSC video mode using Enigmah Video Selector and you have a machine that plays PAL software but with NTSC display options. Turn the chip off and you can go on Live with the new settings.

Finally both the PC and PS2 already have the capability for voice comms yet FFXI doesn?t use them which means they probably won?t for XB360 either. Just won?t work in a MMORPG environment. Imagine going through Jeuno with voice comms active? It would be impossible to pick anything out.

However a thought just occurred to me. Isn?t Xbox Live a closed network meaning it won?t be able to connect to the same servers as the PS2/PC games? Perhaps this means FFXI for 360 will be its own new universe and I don?t imagine people would be willing to start over.

I guess more details are needed.

Comment

hi guys,

i really need some help on mission 2.3 The Emissary. i cant find any PT for this mission for ages now and i really want to get to rank 5 as soon as i can. please if anybody can help me out tonite maybe around 6pm, please let me knw or let me knw via LS. i will be in sandy hoping for something, but if any can help me, it would be very much appreciated. this is a level 25 cap mission BCNM dragon battle. im sure most of you knw what it is.

please im really desperate...kinda pissed as well as no one seems interested in doing it

Comment

Everyone seen the FFVII tech demo on gamespot btw? Does look very nice, but its only the intro cutscene so it doesn't really show off the console that well - we all know that the playstation is capable of delivering good quality FMVs, but in most cases, its yet to prove itself in the in-game visual dept.

Comment

btw if you guys gonna do Wings of Fury BCNM, maybe you can help me out with the dragon there. thats where my dragon fight is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bokawel
                        hi guys,

i really need some help on mission 2.3 The Emissary. i cant find any PT for this mission for ages now and i really want to get to rank 5 as soon as i can. please if anybody can help me out tonite maybe around 6pm, please let me knw or let me knw via LS. i will be in sandy hoping for something, but if any can help me, it would be very much appreciated. this is a level 25 cap mission BCNM dragon battle. im sure most of you knw what it is.

please im really desperate...kinda pissed as well as no one seems interested in doing it
                        I'll give you a hand on this if you like - which dragons do you need to beat? I've done the Palborough one and the Giddeus one, don't remember doing the San d'Orian one but I can't imagine its much different in ways some minor reading wouldn't solve.

Can come as a BLM, WHM or RDM at that level, might need you to get me some kit. Also will probably be a bit after 6 when I get on, maybe even 7. You're bringing BLM aren't you? You will need a BLM for this battle (come to think of it I imagine you remember that anyway).

Comment

I'll give you a hand on this if you like - which dragons do you need to beat? I've done the Palborough one and the Giddeus one, don't remember doing the San d'Orian one but I can't imagine its much different in ways some minor reading wouldn't solve.

Can come as a BLM, WHM or RDM at that level, might need you to get me some kit. Also will probably be a bit after 6 when I get on, maybe even 7. You're bringing BLM aren't you? You will need a BLM for this battle (come to think of it I imagine you remember that anyway).
                          thanks Hicory. yeah its the sandorian dragon i need to fight. maybe you can come as BLM, then hopefully we may be able to get some more peps to come.

as for buying u the kit for this battle, yeah i will compensate for that. i think you only need basic equip so give me a buzz on the LS and we will sort it out.

thanks in advance.

any other who wants to help pls let me knw. i will provide basic equips if you dnt have one. i am not rich so dont expect me to get those uber item for ya hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by bokawel
                            thanks Hicory. yeah its the sandorian dragon i need to fight. maybe you can come as BLM, then hopefully we may be able to get some more peps to come.

as for buying u the kit for this battle, yeah i will compensate for that. i think you only need basic equip so give me a buzz on the LS and we will sort it out.

thanks in advance.

any other who wants to help pls let me knw. i will provide basic equips if you dnt have one. i am not rich so dont expect me to get those uber item for ya hehe...
                            No need for uber kit - just thought it might be worth you picking up the main items (body, legs, gloves, boots) if you have time today, 'cause I'm reading and posting on here from work - if you have game access might save some time later. I'll give them back to you after the fight then you can flog em and get your money back.

Comment

I'm happy to help with the dragon as rdm, blm or smn.. I'm heading for Ghelsba tonight anyway. I don't actually have a full set of gear for this level so would suggest that if I'm needed I go as summoner (where for this sort of battle my gear doesn't really matter.)

Best approach is to forget the sleeping, get someone who can tank the dragon solo (paladin or thief?) and then we can take full advantage of the AoE from astral flow, plus freeing the BLM to focus on damage to kill the eye quick.. one hit from AF takes 50% off the demon anyway.. this was the tactic we used last time I did it and we didn't have (or need) any healers at all.

Ideally you'd also want to mix the levels up a bit, if everyone is at level 25 then everyone is susceptible to the level 5 petrify spell the demon uses (although he probably wouldn't get time to use it!)

Comment

ty darwock,

i have found two peps who will join us so we have at least 5 atm. we got me(can go either as WAR or MNK), another MNK, RDM, BLM and a SMN. dnt knw if this setup will work...

anyways, let me knw if u need me to buy some basic equips for you Darwock. i already have Hicory's items.

so ill see you lads at 7pm then. thanks for offering to help...

Comment

Working...
                                X