Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok and here's the obligatory sweary and pissed off post.

Some higher power ****er really does not want our Promyvion runs to happen.

Reason #1 - I cannot get Moot's monitor to display a PC image at all. Hooked it all up correctly and am ok getting a TV picture (It's a PC monitor with a built in TV monitor) but via VGA nothing at all. Hopefully when my brother gets home from work he can look at it.

Reason # 2 - Once again I am getting the ****ty ****ing POL-1160 error and cannot log in. YAY for S-E. ****ing over our Promyvion attempts since August 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
      Ok and here's the obligatory sweary and pissed off post.

Some higher power ****er really does not want our Promyvion runs to happen.

Reason #1 - I cannot get Moot's monitor to display a PC image at all. Hooked it all up correctly and am ok getting a TV picture (It's a PC monitor with a built in TV monitor) but via VGA nothing at all. Hopefully when my brother gets home from work he can look at it.

Reason # 2 - Once again I am getting the ****ty ****ing POL-1160 error and cannot log in. YAY for S-E. ****ing over our Promyvion attempts since August 2005.
      1. You've still got two hours, you'll get it working by then. If its showing a TV image ok and I'm sure you've checked the specs before ordering, I'm sure it'll work fine.
      2. You've still got two hours. They've put up a note about login difficulties in the POL viewer but I just logged in and out no worries so it can't be too severe, and in a couple of hours they're sure to have fixed it.

Understandable frustration ... don't quit yet.

Comment

I dont know, last night did not seem to annoy me as much as others it seems, it was a bad run but I think sometimes we need to just take a step back and remember its all part of the game and things like this will happen time to time.

I mean remember when I had autorun on and lost one of our BCNM40's and Apa using escape during a BCNM60, it can happen.

Anyways I would suggest we just need to be a bit more prepared or something, also I think im going to move up to HQ Crabs for the ENM Boss.

Comment

Reading the above postings i think i had the worst night,i watched the utd game total waste of a nights play since i started playing !!!!

Comment

{Hmm}, looks like I can't log in either now.

I had no problems logging in when Rare initially mentioned he couldn't log in, so I figured that I'd be ok come 1900.

I'll keep trying, as there's 20 minutes yet.

EDIT: It's 1856, and I'm still not able to log in.

I'm starting to think you might be right about the higher power Rare. ft:
            Last edited by Vanicent; 19-10-2005, 17:49.

Comment

Guys just so you know, I don't want to keep anyone hanging on for me, I won't be playing FFXI anymore... It was nice to see everyone again and I'm glad that everyone is doing ok, and thanks to those that tried their best to help re-integrate me into the game, but I just don't belong there anymore. Sorry to be saying goodbye again but keep in touch, if you want my email address just send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Love Mahl x

Comment

Once again, sorry to see you go Mahl.

Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Sdub
                  Guys just so you know, I don't want to keep anyone hanging on for me, I won't be playing FFXI anymore... It was nice to see everyone again and I'm glad that everyone is doing ok, and thanks to those that tried their best to help re-integrate me into the game, but I just don't belong there anymore. Sorry to be saying goodbye again but keep in touch, if you want my email address just send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Love Mahl x
                  Take Care Mahl, it was nice to see you back on for the short while we saw you.

I am going to look into transferring my WoW character to another server so might see you on that sometime.

Comment

Sorry you never found that spark again Mahlory. Was good seeing you again though and last week's Temple run felt like old times.

Just to let you know, Wedge took the role of WHM for our Promyvion-Holla group and we defeated the battle. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was nervous prior to entering but the feeling of elation upon the boss hitting the floor was matched only by our relef that it was done. Supposedly this is the hardest of the 3 battles and we have cleared it.

Obviously I give props to Apathye, Moot and Vanicent for taking part and doing a sterling job but I think all 4 of us also owe a great deal of thanks to both Tobal and Wedgemoon for taking part in these runs with us when by all rights they don't have to. They have cleared Promyvion already and I'm sure they could do without any potential loss of EXP that could result from a fail but they stepped up to the plate admirably.

Also, Tsing I hope you were not offended by my choice of Wedge as the team WHM. I had to make a judgement call and I just felt the safest option was to go with the WHM30. Wasn't a comment on you as a player or your skills, just one of those things. Certainly it felt good to have the choice of 3 potential WHM to take the spot.

I think it's successes like these that prove that whilst we may be a small LS in comparison to others on Seraph, but the overall quality of the players amongst us is incredibly high. Considering Rargh was originally your creation Mahl I hope you can take some pride in it(also I'm sure you know linkpearls with yours and Mihki's names on are always there).

Have fun in whatever you do next.

^_^

Comment

Rare I really don't mind, it would have been fun but then again I don't claim to be a WHM and WEdge has done these before on that job. Instead we put togetehr an AF3 party for Laviene and went out to sort that for him. Different kind of challenge that one, simply getting the numbers together, given how wiped I was lst night this suited me far better.

Obviously tonight is a wash as the sites down again but if we get in on Friday its time to go get a Jelly ring and Wedges Bedeaux key. I hate bedeaux, 6 hours for Walti's key but hey I need to skill staff so what the hey. Can't imagine that the Jelly Ring will be to much fun popping the NM which I think a 2 hour spawn then killing the slimey lil dude.

I think what rare says is right on the whole the LS is solid, always has been and the quality of the players is high. Not sure if thats due to us being lucky or that us Euro guys are just ace, either way a strong policy of keeping out weak players will serve us well.

Comment

I don't feel like I did anything special Rare, as I didn't really do much in Promyvion. I ust played the way I normally do. But, thanks anyway.

I agree that Wedge and Tobal deserve a lot of credit though, as they didn't have to assist us with something they had already done, but they did so, and it was probably that much easier because of it. Thanks guys!

Also, I'll be around on friday if we plan on doing the final Promyvion, although I won't be able to start until after 2000, as I'll be calling out for an hour to collect something a friend owes me. I hope that's not too much of a problem?

Finally, thanks all for a great evening in Promyvion, and a fun party. It was so satisfying watching the boss crumble to the floor and disintegrate, and we then knew we had done 2/3 Promyvion areas.

Who knows, clearing the final Promyvion might get me back into the game, as I've not been that keen to play recently, and have been focusing on my other (offline) games instead.

We'll see.

Comment

I think we cannot try Mea until we have a full set of animas again. Therefore I need to know what animas people have at the moment and if any more are required I will organise farming sessions, preferably Friday evening (dependent on Jelly Ring and coffer key hunts) or Saturday.

However I see no reason why we cannot make a start on anima farming early on Saturday and try the the battle later that day.

Comment

Yup that would be excellent to have all you guys thorugh the promyvions. I think after that we should organise an all LS Phominia Aquaducts run then we're all sitting pretty waiting to do the Riverne Site A#01 battle. With this many through we'd be able to have a lot more flexibility in how we set up the parties and our tactics though that would mean a few people repeating.

The good new for you rare is I hear on that battle it's possible for a NIN to solo one of the mobs in Riverne. Could be fun for you ^^

Comment

I don't have any Anima at all but to be honest its probably best I dont anyway.

Comment

For Rare .... leech saliva (new item, October 14th)

Comment

Working...
                                X