Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll return to Jeuno on Friday evening, and get my materials converted to Animas. I'm pretty sure I'll have one of each, but I'll let you know.

Comment

A good read Evolution of FFXI - Past to Present

Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

Comment

Tobal you are gonna hate me

Was bored this morning so I took a trip to Sea Serpent Grotto and went behind the Mythril door. To my surprise I got little aggro back there so was able to walk around pretty freely and bumped into a Blubbereyes (which drops Earth Hakutaku Eye). Gave it a check and it came as Easy Prey and after 5 seconds of wondering whether it was worth the risk of soloing a BLM type (damn Ga spells) I Provoked it.

Got Blind, Slow, Poison and Paralyze to all stick and went to work. Other than Blaze Spikes (which ran out halfway through the fight) I took no damage (no Ga spells fortunately) and I killed it.

Rarehero obtains an Earthen Hakutaku Eye.

:O :O :O :O

Clearly my luck was in this morning. Me, you and Wedge must have spent close to 2 hours trying for yours with no luck and I got it first kill (without a Treasure hunter). Sometimes this game really kicks me in the balls but sometimes, on rare occasions it smiles upon me.

Mindgazer next (although I will need a mages help with that, DC BLM is too risky)

Comment

Going to be some FFXI fun online tonight Tal, think we're going to go camp a key for Wedge and some other fun. Jelly Ring for me and Tobal is after something down the hole as well. If there's any time left afterwards I was going to suggest a jaunt to the Temple to see if we can get some unlit latterns and maps for everyone who needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao
            Going to be some FFXI fun online tonight Tal, think we're going to go camp a key for Wedge and some other fun. Jelly Ring for me and Tobal is after something down the hole as well. If there's any time left afterwards I was going to suggest a jaunt to the Temple to see if we can get some unlit latterns and maps for everyone who needs.
            Cool - sounds good, will be on later and join in where I can. Hopefully I can get some Sword Skill Ups along the way as well. Just have to tear myself away from my strange looking Troll Avatar in WoW ^^

Comment

not sure if i'll be on tonight got Sniper Elite and Pes5 yesterday and very addictive. Still i doubt i be able to stay away and would be up for a trip in to San'd lower depths to pound on Shii, my trip down there earlier in the week got my agro from a haunt half way in... Flee to the Exit where some poor a bst must have had a heart attack to see 4 Haunt and craps loads of zombie dogs .

Comment

Think the good stuff is just about back after a pause for a while. Soon Darwock will be back and it will be time for ZM4 or at least our first try. Rare, Moot, Apa and Van are approaching their last promyvion so after a quick Phominia Aquaducts run it will be time for Riverne Site A#01, think if everyone goes thogh the earlier missions we should have

Hicory
                Tsing
                Tobal
                Wedge
                Darwock
                Talizker
                Apathye
                Moot
                Iceze
                + Mosley (I think he's done his promies)
                +Van if he reaches 40
                + Truehero maybe, anyone know where he's up to, may have completed the whole thing

All ready to go for a blast at that one, and I bet I've missed at least one person from the list. Not sure where Laviene is on CoP we wil ahve to check it out.
                Last edited by Tsingtao; 21-10-2005, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                  not sure if i'll be on tonight got Sniper Elite and Pes5 yesterday and very addictive.
                  My PES5 hasn't arrived yet although I guess I can't complain as I bagged one of the ?14.99 ones from HMV...

I'm going to try and put in a few decent farming sessions each week so I can get the money for Utsusemi and make sure I have NIN20 ready for Riverne Site A#01. Other than this I will be on for all the fun stuff (ZM4 etc) as long as it's posted here so I know^^ I'm really enjoying WoW mind - its so very different from the early stages of FFXI.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker
                    A good read Evolution of FFXI - Past to Present

http://na.square-enix.com/ffxi/evolution/
                    Sure is Tal, love the screenshots ... anyone know where this one was taken? I'd like to fish there or even just explore ... am thinking somewhere near Kazham perhaps?

Comment

I reckon we need to set up that BCNM 20 and give it a shot, could solve your gil problem in one run.

Looking at that screenie I'd say Bibiki Bay
                      Last edited by Tsingtao; 21-10-2005, 12:52.

Comment

I'm not 100% as i've not been there yet but I think its Bibiki Bay.

Comment

yeah it is Bibiki Bay but it is the Purgonorgo Island part which you have to take the Manaclipper to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker
                            I'm not 100% as i've not been there yet but I think its Bibiki Bay.
                            Aha cool - thank you ... I thought I'd been there, but maybe not.

Update of progress this week ... having opened Chakmool's subjob last weekend I've now got her up to level 20 on MNK. Next task is completing rank 3 and making some money for the next set of kit, food etc. Am tempted to go back and get WAR through Valkurm now I have a MNK sub .... but just not tempted enough to revisit hell just yet. Once she's kitted out for Qufim I'll be heading to Jeuno for chocobo quest and some more juicy levels. I took her out to Palborough Mines to try mining earlier in the week but it didn't go too well ... most of the mining points are on level 3 and I'll need to be 30 to get up there safely. For now I'll stick to Zeruhn.

On Hicory I also need to make money >.< and need my scrolls of Teleport-Altep and Teleport-Yhoat. Have recently been toying with taken her out to solo as a WHM, nonsensical as that may sound, to level up club skill a bit and generally sharpen my reactions with all the different spells at my disposal. Tried that yesterday in Pashow with the intention of farming some gobbues but (perhaps unsurprisingly) they're obviously killed too quickly by the experienced farmers to ever be seen. My first few kills with Hic alone were very long drawn out battles, so I brought out Yoli (my NPC). Fighting with her was rather fun. We killed two Elementals, some crawlers and some leeches, but the drops weren't particularly good (no thief sub). Soloing is quite a different style and I think I need to start putting together those crib sheets I've been talking about for a while if I'm going to spend any significant time doing it - I'd like to note down the methods of playing each job most effectively in both solo and group scenarios. Usually its a case of good familiarity with the tools at your disposal.

WHM isn't as devoid of offensive magic as one might expect when you actually remember to use it - Banish II is not good for the recipient. Also I had forgotten just how nice Seraph Strike is as a club skill ... rather satisfying :-)

Will be starting WHM AF1 as soon as I reach 40, and could use some BCNM40 action to raise gil for Erase (don't want to go further until I have that). Also need to equip Hic with l30 gear for RDM and get that up to 40. Would like to have SMN and BST to 10 and also to open BRD and get that up to 10. Got 3 levels on BST this week with my Empress Band ... very nice. Think I'll take SMN to 20 with Carbuncle and the elementals if I can get hold of them, and do the solo 20 battles for each avatar, then do the l60 battles in parties for Fenrir.

Last but not least have returned to clothcraft ... levelled from 32 -> 35 this week and have started turning in GP again for my magnifying spectacles. GP are so damn expensive its unreal.

Biggest need is money (as ever) - following frustration with that this week I'll be conducting ten hours of experiments over the next two days to figure out what my best money maker is.

White Mage! Soloing (well, with NPC)! Yay!
                            Last edited by vwilsonuk; 21-10-2005, 13:18.

Comment

It looks like I'll have to get cracking with WAR then, as it's only level 34 atm, and we have one Promyvion left...

I need to get RNG to 20 as well.

Looks like Shadow Hearts is on the back burner again.

Comment

/sigh

Got kicked off and can't log in... POL-0206

Comment

Working...
                                X