This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwilsonuk
    It confuses me that you obviously are very keen on the backup healing strategy, and yet you weren't doing it (and died with about 160mp).
    I was Curing the whole time, everyone in the party including you and D. I died with 160MP after Convert as i was down to 160HP (and 20 odd MP) and was trying to get off a few last Cures before my inevitable death. I then re-raised after the next Nightmare to Cure you (to wake) before dieing again.

Comment

Certainly at the aforementioned point where I got erased while in the red, I also got a cure at the same time so clearly tal was also doing a sterling job.

Comment

I was not and am not critising anyone in the party - it was a truly great performance from all after the initial kick in the teeth. I was just calling it how I saw it and trying to offer my advice. I realise that some people may have taken offence at this and I have tried to assure them that it was not my intention.

End of story - let move on.

Comment

OK, then next on the agenda is tonight's garrison. Is this still on? Remember we don't need huge amounts of people as the fights are tailored.

I have the 40 cap zitah goblins available and I believe Tobal has the 40 cap elshimo sahagins.

P.S. has any of the loot from last week been sold?

Comment

Basically last night we found out a few important things:

1) The mob has draw in so when whoever dropped first in the first fight was agred draw in hit me and I was so confused other poeple got hit before I could get my bearing adn voke. Easy solution I drop in first and voke it.

2) We need to be better at stunning nightmare, half the time I never even saw the start of the cast dealing with the tanking job. Will change my filters to try to help out but I think i'm not going to be much use as I'm pretty busy.

3) Falling down the holes is really bad M'kay. I thought I was safe I got hit and slid along the arena bounary and dropped. Next time I need to keep my back as square against the wall as I would in a turkish prison.

4) If we screw up and miss the nightmare stun we have one get out of jail free with DS + Erase. Afterthat it erasing person by person which is likely to result in very bad things.

All in all I think the key moment in the fight last ngiht is when I was knocked down and died. Had I stayed up damage would have been lower, over the remaining fight duration I would have added about 200 damage and extra healing. We were close real close, hope we can get this sorted.

Final point is we need some strategy for the 2 hours, I think I'm still a fan of going all out early on the thing let me get 3 vokes and 2 flashes in then we can let it fly. If hate looks dodgy I can invincible to hold it then we just have to finish the job with convert chainspell or something.

Comment

I had no idea divine seal could add AoE properties to regular spells, that's awesome. Wouldn't we need to rethink our positions though, and all get on the same tile?

As for my 2hr, I tend to let rip with it when my MP is at a low point, if I use it off the bat when I'm full I don't get any benefit from the extra refresh time. My worries concerning manafont are a) pulling hate too early and b) getting slept while it's active, like last night.

Comment

I think the job trait Divine Veil (which is what gives Divine Seal AOE effect on restorative spells) is a level 50 trait.

Obviously if this is the case, it is not gong to be available for a level 40 cap battle.

Comment

Does anyone else have Drk near level 40?

Because Stun seems to be the most successful thing against that nightmare aoe.

However if Hic drops I would have to choose between Drk or Whm.

I think its not going to take long to get another try in, Hic are you sure you don't want to join the next one, I everyone would be happier if you joined again.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
                    I think its not going to take long to get another try in, Hic are you sure you don't want to join the next one, I everyone would be happier if you joined again.
                    Absolutely, I think its safe to say that everyone wants to try this again in the original setup. If not however then my WHM is just short of Lv35 so it will only take a week of good (LS) parties to get to Lv40 which may fit in nicely with your DRK leveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                      P.S. has any of the loot from last week been sold?
                      The axe came back to my Delivery Box unsold and when I checked the AH there were another 5 listed. I decided to avoid getting into an undercutting war and left it there for the time being. I'll relist it soon.

As the mannequin parts, I thought it was decided people were keeping those and not selling now?

Comment

Is the axe the same as the pick? Didn't we get another weapon drop from the second run? (I believe Daragon won the lot?)

Comment

Pick, axe. Same thing. I'm not sure what the other drop was or who got it.

Daragon did get the Pick originally but I offered to sell it on.

Comment

Can I just ask, if you allowed mait to keep the mannequin piece AND return his gil to him, then who shelled out the 10k for each member's share in it?

Comment

Nobody is getting any gil for the mannequin parts, they are free drops now (because they don't sell).

Did you get the second weapon then Daragon?

Comment

Can someone remind me what the second weapon was so I can see whether I sent it to my delivery box or not?

And if no-one is getting any gil for the Mannequin parts, what did Rare pay me 10k for? I'm pretty certain Mait would have bough the Mannequin part on the day and then the gil was shared out the following day (unless Rare was responsible for more than that Mannequin piece and axe).

Comment

Working...
                                X