Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be a military something or other, they only drop in garrisons so if you've got one that is it.

Comment

How long is this thing likely to take on a reattempt?

And that's *realistically*.

Committment free days are important to me with work being as hellish as it is right now, and making time committments to the game in the past only to have them double in duration and realizing five or six hours have been consumed is one of the main reasons I've dropped out of these kinds of events. Sunday isn't a good day - it vanishes all too quickly as it is.

If we could do it in 1.5-2 hours, I could probably do it tonight. Week days are better for scheduled activities.

Comment

Hmm, we could go for it again tonight, same setup as before but we will have all 2 hours this time.

What does everyone think.

Comment

All I have to do is gear up and go, so it would take me as long as it took to get there. It would bump the garrison plans but wouldn't necessarily mean we couldn't do it (only issue with not doing that tonight is the regional control will change obviously)

Incidentally while trying to check out what our other weapon was last week (fairly sure it was a Military Axe) I noticed that one of the drops from the 40s is this variable cape thing... woah it's beautiful! Rare/ex too, so lot-tastic if it drops.

Comment

I reckon we could od a retry from starting in Jeuno to being in the BC in about 60 mins if everyone log in on time and gets there direct. We know what we're facing and we konw hw to win, if we lose I would suggest we all log out there and come back 2 hours later when timers are back up and try again if thats not to late.

Would be nice to complete it and I'm game if others are.

Comment

Originally posted by vwilsonuk
              If we could do it in 1.5-2 hours, I could probably do it tonight.
              All Right!

I logged out at the BC last night so there is no problem at all for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon
                Can I just ask, if you allowed mait to keep the mannequin piece AND return his gil to him, then who shelled out the 10k for each member's share in it?
                This is what happened. Mait bought the Mannequin Legs and gave me 90k for it (Market value 100k, so 10k each for the 10 participants but he keeps his own 10k share). I then started distributing the gil out to people who took part. You got a 10k share as did a couple of other people.

Then it was posted on here that Tobal was struggling to sell his mannequin parts and offered to buy them. After this it was suggested that people who want to build a Mannequin keep them and as Mait was in the process of doing just that I queried whether I should return his gil and it didn't sem fair. Tobal gave me the go-ahead to do so, so I paid him back 90k. The 10k gil that a few people got has therefore come out of my own pocket but I was too proud to ask for it back as it really isn't a big deal.

Also, is Garrison happening or not tonight? Getting conflicting messages from the posts :/
                Last edited by C'; 17-03-2006, 12:42.

Comment

Beats the hell out of me Rare, I really want to do garrison tonight but Diabolos is my priority. I have no qualms about staying up to do garrison afterwards though (it was so late when we started last week anyway so no difference.. and this time we don't have to wait for ballista matches to end). I suspect I'm alone in that regard however.

Comment

Oh and I suppose now that the whole some people got gil, some didn't thing has come out I should offer to pay 10k to the other participants.

If anyone wants it, let me know in game and I can sort something out

Comment

No I think the people who you gave gil to should give it back! Why should you fork out 100K for nothing?

Comment

While we're on the "let's be fair" argument, when were the other 9 or so members who partook in Ballista asked whether or not Mait should get to keep the part or not AND get his gil back?

10k might not seem like alot to those who have saint like patience to NM camp/farm/craft for a living, but for those like me who find great difficulty in 2 of those 3 areas, every single bit of gil I get my hands on goes far.

Comment

I'll be honest. I wasn't going to let one person pay for the Mannequin parts whilst another got to keep 2. Everyone who took part was equally valuable to the success we had so everyone should get the same reward. To decide some people have to buy the rewards whilst others get them for free is not something I would be at all happy with and had I been told that Mait would still have to pay I would still have returned his gil and paid it out of my own pocket (as I have offered to do for everyone else).

I'm failing to see why you are taking issue with this. You got your 10k share you are entitled to anyway (as will anyone else if they want it) and are not out of pocket in anyway.

Comment

Daragon, these cries for fair distribution of funds might carry a little more weight if you were more forthcoming about the whereabouts of the second weapon drop...

Comment

The fact that I got the 10k share out it isn't my issue, its the communication thing. This isn't the first time I've encountered a party leader make decisions for the group without actually informing everyone first hand.

Everyone played their part as you said, so ultimately everyone should benefit. Personally, I would have allowed Mait to have the piece should he have wanted it, but I would have charged him for it as you were right to do, but if you go ahead and make decisions based on the say of 1 or 2 members that not everyone might agree with, if that, then how is it fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                                Daragon, these cries for fair distribution of funds might carry a little more weight if you were more forthcoming about the whereabouts of the second weapon drop...
                                If you remind what it was I was looking for, I might be able to help. My storage situation means I have items everywhere I can stick them. Tell me what it is I'm looking for and if I find it I'll sell it and divide the gil amongst everyone who wants some.

Comment

Working...
                                X