This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night was full of fun.

After first traveling to Bastok to try exping in Newton Movalpolis and getting lost, warping back to jeuno getting a teleport to go to cape terrigan to stop in kuftal tunnel, warp back to jeuno and airship to sandoria to head off to do my AF3 in eldiemme.

Ended up me, Tobal, Darwock, Hicory and a 75 Mnk in the area helped out.

Fight went smooth, not totally easy though, but finally got full Bst AF.

Then it was back to get Hicorys Tavnazian Bell, after me causing myself, hic and dar to die, pulled agro without realizing.

we returned and got the Tavnazian Bell.

Successful evening.

Comment

Re: Rare

Weird, I always get a greater sense of achievement from the battles that take a few attempts... to me it means you had to work for it even more than usual.

I had a much longer night than expected, only came on to sort out my gear for tonight, and ended up going along to Wedge's AF3 followed by hunting for a drop for Hicory's AF. We got both, which was nice... long night though.

Some confusion during the evening about what was actually happening tonight, because Saerik revealed he was going out and couldn't make it. Hicory's back in, but will need a Pso'xja pass sorted out prior to going. Can I just confirm we're all on the same page with this?

Comment

As far as I know that's correct dar.

Unfortunately I might not be on in time to help out with the Pso,Xja chip farming as I remembered I said I would co-op on the outfit for a bit tonight with a mate, but will be on for the main mission.

Comment

After a mess last night, line-up change.. PLD(tsing), WHM(hic), RDM(tali), Sam(me), BLM(Darwock), BST(wedge). Between us we have 3 Stun weapon skill?s and Shield Bash, apart from my 2hr I?ll save my TP for Hoboku. And that is pretty much the plan!!

Then on Sunday a Saerik run, Nin, War, Whm, Blm, Sam, Rdm if the other members are up for it.

Also we?ll have to get the chip before tali gets on around 8:30, so I want what?s left of our team Tsing, Darwock, me, Hic, in Pxo for 7pm, farming.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
            Re: Rare

Weird, I always get a greater sense of achievement from the battles that take a few attempts... to me it means you had to work for it even more than usual.
            I think the difference is the nature of the loss. If it was because of an identifiable mistake to learn from then yes, going back in can help with that sense of achievement. However, like I said he has 1 move which can pretty much end your battle (ironically he did land it in our victory but he was at ~5% HP so was simply delaying the inevitable) and whether you win or lose can largely depend on how well you can deal with it (and the only counter is to inflict Stun status when he is readying it).

Our party was lucky enough to have a DRK so we had the black magic Stun available but basically the boss used the move twice in quick succession so the timer wasn?t ready in time for the second one. Nothing at all we could do and the effects of this move are incredibly cheap

AOE Sleep with Poison effect that doesn?t wake you. Also despite being told otherwise, it seems that even when you get hit by melee it still doesn?t wake you. I took about 3 hits and still had Sleep status

Perhaps I?m being too harsh. Moot and Apa both said they enjoyed the fight and when I looked back through the battle logs I did do well (/bighead ). He attacks incredibly quickly (which is normally PLD territory) yet a combination of Haste, landing my own Slow and Paralyze and Utsusemi meant I took little damage (until the end when he landed the aforementioned move).

Apa even pointed out that I held hate with 2 BLM who were nuking heavily. Perhaps I need to take victories as they come rather than be so critical on myself.

Comment

Oh despite all this, the story is good though

Me and Apathye spent a good 30 minutes discussing what transpired.

Comment

Should be good for getting online @ 7 ... work disasters permitting. TBH, I'll probably be on at 7 even if there is a disaster at work.

Comment

What's the journey there like, do I need to sub red mage for sneaking duties?

Comment

What's the journey there like, do I need to sub red mage for sneaking duties?
                    Well, the 1st mob inside Pso'Xja is a Gazer so I guess at least Sneak will be required.

I was going to ask if there were issues with magic agro mobs on the way to the BC as there certainly are plenty in the other areas of Pso'Xja that I have seen?

I'll be on 9pm ish tonight.

Comment

There is a need for Sneak and invisible and there are magic aggro mobs on the way. However the trip is definitely the easiest level cap journey in CoP so far.

Comment

If you fail do you get the chance to heal up and try again or do you have to re-farm the chips etc.

Im thinking, bring enough supplies for two maybe three tries.

Comment

Sorry, but that's simply impossible for me. I'm still carrying two yag drinks but I only have two spaces anywhere. One of those will be for a pie and the other will no doubt be for reraise (although that may be pointless here)

Comment

Sorry, but that's simply impossible for me. I'm still carrying two yag drinks but I only have two spaces anywhere. One of those will be for a pie and the other will no doubt be for reraise (although that may be pointless here)
                            I'm set up with food / drink for at least two shots at this. Think I have 6 Yags and the normal selection of Pies / Cakes so may be able to help you out if we need a second attempt D.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
                              Ah you should have joined Seraph, one of us could sort a world pass out.

But as for item prices its really no different as the things you sell are at an equally higher price ratio.

What level had you got to on the 360 beta?
                              Sorry Mike this thread moves so fast! I was about 600 off lv20rdm/lv11blm had been playing for 2(could be 3 as time goes so fast on this game ) months though with 3 different characters. Im now just trying for other servers but if someone could pass a worldpass to me I'd really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
                                Sorry Mike this thread moves so fast! I was about 600 off lv20rdm/lv11blm had been playing for 2(could be 3 as time goes so fast on this game ) months though with 3 different characters. Im now just trying for other servers but if someone could pass a worldpass to me I'd really appreciate it
                                Have PM'd the world pass to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X