Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im at work so i can't check mine, but maybe Defeat's mean actually Finishing blow?? Either that he really has ranway from 8000+ battles lol.

Comment

It is finishing blow.

Comment

hi,

just recently came back to FFXI. upgraded my PC and its now running great again, if not much faster hehe. the new TFT monitor display i have really brought out colours and clear pictures out of FFXI. there are some things that i have not appreciated about FFXI in terms graphics that now i find breathtaking. the new hardware brings so much out of the game for me.

this must be the real Vanadiel at its finest.

see you all in the game...im off from work until wednesday, so ill be leveling then.

Comment

Can anybody confirm if wolves aggro to low HP the same as skeletons?

I've been doing a bit of exploration of the Eldieme necropolis lately, got a number of quests under my belt and have found a few 'hidden features' of the dungeon lol.. had a great session today where I found the last thing I was looking for and then got killed by a notorious monster. Anyway on my travels I found a good spot for fighting lichs (tough at level 50) - you drop down a hole into a cave, inside there are 2 lichs and the only other monster nearby is a tough tomb wolf (hence my question about aggro). If the wolf could be dealt with then it wouldn't be too hard to separate the lichs.

That's certainly the only spot I could find where a fight wouldn't bring half the necropolis into the fray - fighting them anywhere else would no doubt require an alliance or a lot of high level people. I expect that's what I'll have to do when the time comes.

Comment

Well finally made it, today I made level 50 and completed Genkai 1. Excellent!

Comment

Hey Guys, I Am Gonna Be Taking An FFXI Break =_=
              Loads of RL Stuff To Sort ATM Hopefully Back Soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayan
                Hey Guys, I Am Gonna Be Taking An FFXI Break =_=
                Loads of RL Stuff To Sort ATM Hopefully Back Soon.
                Hope it works out for you mate, and that its nothing too serious. Take it easy and look forward to seeing you back when that's possible.

Comment

this game really does affect your everyday life.

so you gotta be careful about how you handle your personal life and still manage to play this game. i hope everything is ok Bayan. hope to see you soon. i need you for my genkai items

anyways, got my 3 kazham keys last night. i can go now to kazham hehe.

Comment

Can anybody confirm if wolves aggro to low HP the same as skeletons?
                    yes they do agro on low HP as well. cuz these are dead mobs which smells blood whenever you are near them. just like any other dead type mobs.

this is only my opinion...but i am sure of it.

Comment

Yup everything in the necropolis agroes to sound and low HP. They also agro to healing as well if you're close them. I managed to kill taruna finding that out, level 74 BLM, was an embarassing moment. So far I've found 2 safe camps for a level 50 party, one only has 2 pops the other is much better but you have to enter the necropolis via the Glacier.

Tonight I shall mostly be watching the wednesday and cheering them back to the championship. If we win tonight it's off home to get tickets for Cardiff!

Hopefully though I can slot in some crafting, hoping to get my goldsmithing to 18 tonight. Need to make some cash from somewhere, I'm broke and still need my earth staff and espandon. I could sell my teleport scrolls but I quite fancy keeping them for when I go back to WHM. Anyone up for a BCNM or 6?

Gil {Can I have it?}

Comment

What are our options for level 30 or 40 3-man fights? I can do 30s as BLM or SMN and 40s (or 50s!) as BLM. As I have discovered BLM is great for the palborough 6-man worms fight but I really ought to give steamed sprouts a miss.. was a real struggle maintaining the pace in that one and another job would have done much better.

Comment

For 30 / 40 / 50 I have PLD, and I have WAR at 30.

Caladbolg maybe up to come play to he has RDM for 30 / 40 / 50 and BST at 30.

Hics got 30 on BLM and WHM.

With a BST we can do wing of fury with a mage, tank, bst set up just means calad may have to be in them all and the rest of us sit the odd one out. Use the same routine though and sell the loot and divide up the spoils. Obviously will have to ask him first ^^
                          Last edited by Tsingtao; 16-05-2005, 14:01.

Comment

Wings of Fury is the level 20 one I had a couple of cracks at (trying to get my thunder pact).. I'm not sure the other drops are all that valuable but they might be. The pact certainly isn't last time I checked (more fool me for buying it at the expensive price!)

Comment

Wings has just the one big drop I think, Astral Rings...

Meant to be rare though, didn't realise it was a 20. We'll have to do some research and then get out there. Tonight I'll be sat crafting drinking and watching footie so feel free to chat away ^^

Comment

Yeah based on my experience with that one 3 hits from astral flow should finish it, problem I had was the moment I stepped forward all three bats cast drain on me and then attacked and I was pretty much instantly dead. I'd have been fine if they'd turned on the avatar a second sooner. Of course that's not accounting for the HP they regain with drain.. maybe they can be silenced, i dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X