Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, once you're a little higher, and the enemies your level get ALOT tougher, you'll start to see /blm is useless

Best subs for thf:

warrior, ninja (dual wield daggers rocks) monk (when you're using hand to hand, which wont be much when you're 33+).

Comment

Originally posted by C'
      But Ido think my choice of THF class is hindering my party chances (and my choice of BLM as a sub probably doesn't help any). I'vebeen logging on andoff all afternoon (nevergettinga party) and therehas also been anoter THF22 who has been waiting just as long. The THF is unwanted for sure. The sooner I get it to level 30 so I can becomea Ninja the better.
      I'm having the exact same problem as a Monk. I can sit for hours without getting a single invite. I'm tempted to pack it in and go back to my level 9 Black Mage...

Comment

I'm constantly getting invites as a White Mage. Everyone needs 'em .

Comment

Originally posted by Razz
          lol, once you're a little higher, and the enemies your level get ALOT tougher, you'll start to see /blm is useless

Best subs for thf:

warrior, ninja (dual wield daggers rocks) monk (when you're using hand to hand, which wont be much when you're 33+).
          The decision to sub BLM only came about as I didn't really fancy levelling up a MNK or WAR (rather boring) and the time to level up BLM to 15 was really quick (and a ton of fun). However, I have no plans to make the THF/BLM combination a long-term thing. Once I get to the level 30 THF I will be getting the NIN job and will then be a NIN/THF which could quite possibly pwn.

Comment

NIN/THF is sadly useless.

If you're going to be a NIN, you'll have to sub warrior as Ninja's only use in a PT is to be a main tank. You have such huge evasion that when you use utsusemi ninjutsu you'll be untouchable.

I warn you, it's very expensive to maintain. Ninja is really a job for the pros with lots of gil. Good luck

Comment

Yeah don't forget that when you sub thief, sneak attack and trick attack are nowhere near as usefull as they are when you have theif as your primary class.

I don't think it really matters though, having the perfect job/sub combination isn't a requirement in the game, having fun is 8)

Comment

Hi Razz,

I've been playing FFXI for about 2 months now and I'm an Elvaan male 28 RDM/10 WHM on the Shiva server.

Anyway, when I solo I have huge problems fighting decent challenge monsters nevermind even match monsters. What do you think about WHM subjob for RDM? Maybe I just have to level my subjob up a little. I don't really want to switch my main job because I like RDM but if I'm going to have problems later on I will. Also, would Summoner make a good subjob for RDM? Any other subjobs you recommend for my RDM?!

Thanks,

~eva-01

Comment

I'll answer that ^^

RDM is a very versatile job. Basically you're a slightly less powerful warrior with magic skills. The RDM's skills are focussed on Enfeebling (thus making your less powerful warrior side able to defeat them). As for subjobs you can go whatever way you like... want to make money? Go Thief-sub. Want to fight harder? go Warrior or Monk-sub. Want to heal more? WHM-sub, and of course if you want to nuke more BLM sub.

All are viable options. As for taking an advanced job as a sub, it's generally recommended against. The Advanced jobs are basically there to be a bit tougher at lower levels and very specific (and powerful) at higher levels. If you go with summoner sub you end up missing out on the coolest summons, which only become available at higher levels.

For partying purposes, I'd say go with WHM - parties will always need whitemages, no matter what level. It makes you a versatile and useful partymember. If you prefer attacking, go with WAR, MNK or BLM. As for summoner, if you choose to pursue it, use RDM as sub - that means you can level SMN to 60 without having to level RDM again. Most Summoners will have either black or white mage as their sub, to increase magic points and potential. RDM won't do that to the same extent as the 'purer' mage-jobs but will still help at least a little.

I this game!

Comment

Note the following is censored due to extreme anger, just a warning. (also being its 5am odd spelling and grammar are out the window)

Originally posted by spoiler
                    Oh my ****ING god, that was ****ing ****ty waste of 7 ****ing hours of ****ing my life, never before have goblin raping's been so personal to point i was ready to smash my PC up, Aegen can testfiy to crap that happened today being in the same area, crap bickering party with a gunhoe war, rubbish whm and 3 wars that couldn't povoke a bulldog with a steak, and at least 1 whm holding the party to ransom. SOME how having surivied mutliple sucide attacks and scrapping 2000exp after 5hrs of total and utter wank, the party splits up after one final goblin rape, most warping themselves back or running of to **** over parties up, leave me to ****ing jug back through sodding jungle, gods know how i surivied 5-6 gobs sticking this god dam knife's in my ass, only to join another group in kazham and go out to get the last 700 odd exp i needed to get to lvl 28. Now this start off ok, but it poor exp and there's 2 many people around draw more goblin heat, this reaches pinacle when some fool drops dead right next to our party unleashing the goblin onto us as 2 members leave to log out.... i get wacked ****, and die, only to be helpfully raised and get raped again by the SAME ****ING GOBLIN 1 min later wheni tried to get to kazham losing 1000 odd ex ****ing p.........
                    the only fun thing for the day was the group bashing of problem goblins

Comment

Reply to spoiler:
                      Originally posted by spoiler
                      Sometimes it's the suck... I've been in some abysmal party's recently. Sdub was in party where they were fighting maze makers (tough worms). They were playing using a rather novel technique: they let the BLM's nuke the thing until it was down to half health, then the fighters ran in and finished it off while the BLM's continued nuking it. After a while she aksed why they were fightinh this way when someone replied: "so they WHM doesn't have to heal" I mean... FFS!

Comment

Quick question guys, my mates copy just wont install completely on his machine so he's gonna sell it. Do you have to cancel your subscription before someone can buy it or can they still register it ok.

He got through the subscribing process so the serial number has been registered to him but the auto updating kept messing up so he cant play it.

TIA

G

Comment

Tobal,

i was in that shot eh? i love it when peps help out getting rid of goblins in yhoator.

Comment

Originally posted by aegen
                            Tobal,

i was in that shot eh? i love it when peps help out getting rid of goblins in yhoator.

I know , i didn't notice you myself, until i posted it up.

Comment

Quick question guys, my mates copy just wont install completely on his machine so he's gonna sell it. Do you have to cancel your subscription before someone can buy it or can they still register it ok.

He got through the subscribing process so the serial number has been registered to him but the auto updating kept messing up so he cant play it.
                              Sorry, don't know and dare not take a guess.

As far the whole party thing... I logged on last night and spawned on dunes near the selbina entrance. I got invited to a party within 10 minutes. I noticed two of my partymembers were right near me, so I walked over and did the usual /wave. One of them was a RDM, can't remember his name and the other a warrior called Atreyu.
                              Closeby someone was fighting a goblin mugger. It turned out he had misjudged his capabilities and the mugger turned out to be slightly too tough for him. The RDM in my party healed him. Atreyu chmed in with "Just let his Dumbass die" to which i replied: "That attitude must make you friends quick ;P" to which he said: "I don;t need dumb friends" I, pissed off now, said "me neither" and left the party.

After that I got invited to a party which didn't have a whm, just a rdm as main healer, and a thf/whm, and me and my puny paladin healing skills. Suffice to say we ROCKED! Everyone knew their roll, our puller knew our capabilities. We fought well and handled even tricky cases well. 8)

Sometimes it rains, sometimes it pours, but we reign supreme - on Robot Wars...

Comment

Finally i have finished with kazham for the time being, after hrs of torture leveling up I'm finally ready to do the samurai quest, so Aegen next time your on and feel like doing it, lets.

Also more Kazham stupidness, throughout the day quite a few people had agro'ing gobs to point most people where get pissed off, the problem was once the gobs had finished decking the poor sod it would rampage the lower lvls to death, then mt party got a quite bad sam/war to do the pulling, which resulted in 4-5 gob attacks on our party and because i was calling for help by taking the hate and running with it to get groups of parties together, everyone kepted blaming me for the bloody gob attacks, 'You ****ing noobie', 'Start pulling gobs, just die', or '/tell' to my party telling them to dump me and this was after saving there asses on multiple goblin attacks they had caused themselves, they don't seem to understand a Monk/thf does not pull in area full of Goblins, with no range/povoke attack when there are War's around.

Comment

Working...
                                X