• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask Bayan about our escapades in SSG

Comment

Originally posted by C'
      Ask Bayan about our escapades in SSG
      That sounds interesting Rare - in th absence of regular Bayan post, do you care to give a brief summary?

Comment

Fun exp party, used the Soboro in a test to see if it?s 2/3 strikes could be over come the low damage (DM:40 compared to a normal DM:77-80) VT and the Odd IT mob in sky. With Wedge giving me 2xatt songs and Berserk I could carry swings of 60-80 damage 280-400dd, and with 17tp gear and Sushi(so I never miss). An insane rate of TP gain, after every ws I would be sitting on 17tp, double attacking nearly every swing, and Triple an average 1/4 swings giving 34tp and 51tp, I was weapon skilling every 10 seconds, more than enough sc with 3 people and myself (managed a yuki>gecko>Kasha for light).

No idea if this will be viable on IT+ mobs?. Might be worth a try!

Comment

Decided to go back to SSG this morning and do these people ever give it a rest, the same people that were there last night, still there now, three sirens hair in bazaar.

Its just not worth even thinking about camping an NM with these 24/7 campers.

Comment

And then there's the other side of it, that NM I was talking about last night wedge. Basically there's Malboro in the jungle that if left completely untouched, after 9 hours+ it turns into a NM Malboro. This hardly ever happens. However that's not the end of it, if that NM goes untouched it will turn into *another* NM, this time with a rumoured 100% drop rate. I'm willing to bet this has never been seen on our server because nobody will ever leave a NM alone for 9 hours. It's a real shame because the drop is amazing (basically an astral ring with an int boost, rare/ex).

Comment

They are most likely gilsellers Wedge

SSG is infested with them.

Originally posted by talizker
              That sounds interesting Rare - in th absence of regular Bayan post, do you care to give a brief summary?
              It was about 18 months ago and I had just started my obsession with Rare/EX equipment. Me and Bayan were killing some time (I was about lvl55, he may have been a touch higher) and decided to hang around in SSG. In fact we may have been hunting a chest key so he could get the map to the zone. We went through the silver door and proceeded past loads of regular Sahagins then spotted something different.

Qull the Shell Buster.

I immediately knew what this NM was as it dropped a piece of Rare/EX H2H weapons (H2H was top of the list of Rare/EX equip that I was creating at the time so this was the second highest entry).

Without any warning or thought I simply said "NM" in PT chat and hit Provoke. Some more thought and planning was probably needed as as soon as I hit the macro we immediately got 2 Sahagins linked. It wasn't the smartest move I ever made as the NM had a massive amount of HP and was MNK type to boot so not easy for me to battle. Through some miracle we killed the links and the NM and I even got a lovely pair of Exocets for our trouble, which Bayan kindly let me have.

Ever since then it's kind of been a running joke that if I'm with Bayan, he fears for his life should an NM pop

Actually on our way back to Norg we fought 2 more NMs which is testament to what Wedge said about the number of NMs in there. Sadly, as I mentioned, it is a common gilseller spot whhich is unfortunate.

Quicksand caves has a similar number of NMs but is harder to traverse (due to the multiple entrances). Less gilsellers though

Comment

Whilst the discussion is on NMs, would anyone be interested in ever camping Boroka in Riverne Site #B01?

It's an NM Hippogryph on a 21-24 hour spawn so some degree of luck may be needed but it should be a fun fight (it's basically a HNM (Serket like difficulty apparently) but in a level capped zone.

I'm interested in the Horomusha Kote which drops which are basically better than O.Kote for NIN. Now these are sellable on AH for about 7m at the moment so if people want to sell them and split the gil that will be ok. However he does have other Rare/EX drops that people may like which are:

(Latent activates via BRD song)

*wink* *wink* Talizker and Darwock

And a crappy Skulker's Cape (which is likely 100% drop).

These are the kote:

5 less attack than my Ochiudo's Kote but obviously without the Evasion-5.

Comment

Boroka-shaaa!

Yes please!

Comment

Well I?m not exactly up for 24 camping (reason I?m not in Hmnls), but if we?re to do it I would suggest selling it to you for a knocked price, say if it?s selling 7m, say sell it to you for 4m something like that.

Comment

That Boroka earring looks nice - do I need to beat 2-5 before I can access the other site?

As for the rather unfair evaluation of the Skulker's cape, lets just say its saved my ass on plenty of occasions - a 10 second invis spell might last for 20 for example. It certainly does what it says at the very least, especially if like me you have low enhancing magic.

Comment

I wouldn't expect people to camp at random times.

Once I get ToD we can narrow it down. Bayan tells me it's rarely ever camped anyway (although this was a few months ago) so I may end up finding it spawned anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                          Whilst the discussion is on NMs, would anyone be interested in ever camping Boroka in Riverne Site #B01?

It's an NM Hippogryph on a 21-24 hour spawn so some degree of luck may be needed but it should be a fun fight (it's basically a HNM (Serket like difficulty apparently) but in a level capped zone.

I'm interested in the Horomusha Kote which drops which are basically better than O.Kote for NIN. Now these are sellable on AH for about 7m at the moment so if people want to sell them and split the gil that will be ok. However he does have other Rare/EX drops that people may like which are:

(Latent activates via BRD song)

*wink* *wink* Talizker and Darwock

And a crappy Skulker's Cape (which is likely 100% drop).

These are the kote:

5 less attack than my Ochiudo's Kote but obviously without the Evasion-5.
                          Sounds good to me.

Comment

Think I'd definitely want to sub /smn for that one, aerial armour seems like it would be invaluable for us non-ninja people, what with the constant hate resetting moves.

Comment

Rare tough one this with it being in Riverne B#01 but a method I've used to determine ToD on tiemd NMs is to go there and just put a marker of some form in chat log and then set filters to only pick up monster specials. Then by counting the number of conquest updates since my marker to the first mention of the mob in the chat log I can get a rought time. If I'm right conquest tallies are done at the end of ever VD day. So roughly your marker time + 1 hour x the number of tallies between marker and spawn gives you a rough pop time. ToD obviously is useful as well ^^

Not sure if that will help at all but that fully how I intend to go after morbolger.

Comment

YEah I heard that method and would be something worth considering. It is viable too as apparently Boroka spawns on an island with no other monsters

Comment

Working...
                                X