Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can use NPC levelling in Newton, 3 should be enough at anyone time though I hear that drop rates are a little low so one of us should sub THF.

Uleguerand range likewise I can skill / NPC level up there so game for that. We can probably set those up informally on nights when we're free.

Comment

What's the deal with enlisting the services of crafters, and HQ items? If you paid for a craft and the materials and it gets HQ'd does the crafter typically keep it and hand over a NQ version? I'm looking at my forthcoming gear options and the black cloak is a must for 68, but if I was able to get it crafted there'd be a chance of the 20,000,000 gil HQ demon's cloak. Can you HQ at the skill cap or do you have to be over? I think Meric's close to the level for black cloaks...

I'm thinking of organising a set of gear just for besieged, and with a black cloak + apollo's staff + sanction refresh I *should* be able to have a free light elemental with me (i can't remember what the perp cost was at smn 34 but it would certainly work at 33) - that would be most useful!

Comment

Deal with HQing is roughly as follows

11 over cap = 10% chance
        31 over cap = 25% chance
        51 over cap = 50% chance

These can be tweaked by mog house energy, day of week (new moon darks day most likely for HQ but also most likely fail), and half a dozen other things depending on who you listen to.

Comment

I think it varies depending on how friendly your crafter is.

Some will let you keep the HQ crafted item, some may expect a bit of payment in return. Not sure how I feel about this to be honest. Whilst I appreciate that the crafter is the person who spent the time getting the craft to the levels where the HQ is possible, it is the customer who is risking a potentially multi-million gil item in the synth and certainly the crafter wouldn?t reimburse in the event of a critical fail.

As for HQs they are theoretically possible at any level (I?ve HQed on rare occasions whilst skilling up on an item and when I?ve been at the skill cap of the item) but the figures above are generally accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
            I think it varies depending on how friendly your crafter is.

Some will let you keep the HQ crafted item, some may expect a bit of payment in return. Not sure how I feel about this to be honest. Whilst I appreciate that the crafter is the person who spent the time getting the craft to the levels where the HQ is possible, it is the customer who is risking a potentially multi-million gil item in the synth and certainly the crafter wouldn?t reimburse in the event of a critical fail.

As for HQs they are theoretically possible at any level (I?ve HQed on rare occasions whilst skilling up on an item and when I?ve been at the skill cap of the item) but the figures above are generally accepted.
            As Rare says it really does depend on who does the crafting, my recent Hickory Shield synths left me non the wiser as to what the standard practise is.

My first attempt was by a guy named Kilik or maybe Kirik something like that, and the synth failed, he told me to hold on afterwards and tried to buy the lumber again to get it right, however it was not lumber which could be bought from the AH.

I was glad too because I in no way felt it was upto him to deal with a failed synth but his gesture was nice to see.

For the 2nd synth, it was by a JP player who didnt want any money for it, she synthed it and traded it back to me.

I think alot of crafters really do just enjoy crafting for people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
              Well im up for DM or Zm14.

BCnm60 roles so far for sahagin fight.

Tank -
              DD - Tobal
              DD -
              Support - Wedge
              BLm - Darwock
              Healer - theanu (though i'll have ask him again)
              Can i fill that other DD roll please.

Also im looking to be ready for the Bowyer Ring tointe, if wedge is up for completing the missions.

Comment

What sort of drops are we looking at from this, I could be interesting in tanking

Comment

These are the drops i beleive.

# Divine Torque
                  # Elemental Torque
                  # Enhancing Torque
                  # Evasion Torque
                  # Guarding Torque
                  # Scroll: Absorb-STR
                  # Scroll: Erase
                  # Scroll: Phalanx
                  # Shield Torque
                  # String Torque
                  # Summoning Torque

Comment

Tob told me it was 4 or 5 possible drops above 1 million, the highest of which was... 4-7? I think. elemental/evasion torques drop here etc. Might want to do a price check before we commit to it though, as I recently got a summoning torque for 350K and the elemental one is just over 1 million at the moment (which surprised me)

Comment

I was more thinking in gil terms, there's no items I'm in need of from BC. Trying to work out the gil to seal ratio to decide if its worthwhile.

Comment

# Elemental Torque - 1m - 1.2m
                        # Enhancing Torque - 3m - 4m
                        # Evasion Torque - 1.4 - 2m
                        # Summoning Torque - 500 - 1m i think

the others torques are about 5k - 400k for, with a 4 in 7 chance of getting 1 of the 1m+ torque the odds are good.

The drop is 1 torque 100%, not sure one it dropping 2 in the same buti think it did for apa's run.

Comment

Righty I see, think I may hold off then and stick to more BCNM 20 action for better return and save for some of the odd gear I want later in the game.

Speaking of which I need to go do a 20 run anyone interested?

Comment

I'm in two minds myself, there is better potential from 3xBCNM20, but I'm put off by the fact I ran around with the mannequin body in my bazaar for 3 weeks (including long periods standing in rolanberry which I don't like doing on the PS2) and never got a single note of interest in it. I just don't fancy the thought of shifting 3 of them. I'd rather do the leech one for hands but it's a nightmare getting that one together even once, so three times would be painful.

Thing is I know how BCNM runs go, it's guaranteed we would get all the crap drops. However it would be something new for a change. Hmmm.

Comment

It?s the main reason I?m not doing anymore bcnm20?s as the market is slow and is dropping all the time.

If it turns out to be a case people not wanting to spend there seal?s, we can always go the route we did for apa and theanu and just go along for the help with costs paid for. I?ll ask around tonight to find out a viable team.

Only certains are wedge, Dj and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                                I've been in two minds about saying this but my FFXI days could well be numbered, I'd really like to avoid any huge time-outs in CoP like we've had in previous missions so lets do our best to keep it moving.. hopefully we can be done by August.
                                ;_;

But yeah, keeping moving with CoP is something I think we all want to do so apart from holidays etc, we should be ok.

Originally posted by Tsingtao
                                Righty I see, think I may hold off then and stick to more BCNM 20 action for better return and save for some of the odd gear I want later in the game.

Speaking of which I need to go do a 20 run anyone interested?
                                Yup, still want to do one of these!

Comment

Working...
                                X