Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled it was, instead me, Rarehero, Tobal & Akashi put a shout up and went after Fenrir. We got a pain in the arse war/nin & a decent bard who was seemingly a Fenrir veteran.

Unfortunately by the time we got there it was halfway through lightsday, which put the pressure on to win it quickly. He wiped us all out when we had him down to 50%, and with the exception of the bard he had dispelled all our reraises. Scary thing is he hadn't even used his 2hr yet. It seems he just hits so fast and for such high damage that nobody can keep up with him. I was less self-conscious about my level 67 after that attempt though, he didn't resist my elemental enfeebles or my stun, plus I got a few decent nukes in. But that was on lightsday.

We figured it was worth a shot anyway and went back in on darksday. He was definitely resisting more. This time though he used his 2 hour and we were all still standing (thanks to the dark carol probably) but a short while after Rare was dead again due to his normal TP moves. A few people hit their 2hrs, really frustratingly we got him down to 20-25% before there was nobody left alive who could keep him away from the mages, I was itching to hit manafont but thought better of it as I wouldnt last long enough.

So this time the majority had gotten reraise back from the bard, and Fenrir's 2hr was out of the way, so we raised inside the BC to try for a last ditch effort. Unfortunately the same happened again, he removed rare's shadows and killed him in 2 moves a short while after we engaged. The war/nin tanked for a while and I was able to stun when he shouted for it thanks to haste, until shortly after the 3rd one when he just said 'oh no'... I tried stun anyway but the timer wasn't up and the war/nin was dead. Problem I had with this effort (and the same with any mob that requires me to stun) was I was too paralysed with fear to do anything other than wait to cast.. far too risky being caught mid nuke in those situations. So I really didn't add much damage to the cause - whatever he got from frost & drown plus a blizzard III I think.

Once the war/nin was down I manafonted and cast flare, tobal died, rare kited him around while weakened but unsurprisingly died as well, then Fenrir went after the bard (took him out of range of flare and the cast failed). I saw people saying they'd had enough deaths so I hit warp just as Fenrir turned to me - he used Lunar Cry then missed his attack, then I was gone, so I can say I stood toe-to-toe with him and lived! lol

Unlike the hakutaku then, it's fair to say this fight has not been overrated in it's difficulty! It's been my one ambition in the game since the early days, and as I'm finishing up in August I'm very happy to have at least had a crack at it. Hopefully there's still a chance of beating him before then. We really need to make an effort to get Wedge a moon bauble so we can do it entirely in house.

Comment

That was a great read D, thanks!

Well, I installed Vista Beta2 yesterday, got the sound working with some Beta1 drivers from the Creative web site but to be honest I wasn't impressed one little bit. I didn't even get to the point where I was able to install FFXI. I realise it's Beta software and nothing should be judged until the final release comes (with decent driver / software support) but sufice to say I have XP back on now...

Are there any plans tonight (or soon) to get the key items we need to continue CoP?

Comment

If you're planning an avatar run to help wedge get them all, I'm in a similar position after trading in my fire and earth whispers...

Comment

whats the name/link of the forums/website you guys now instead of allah?

Comment

Fenrir was a nightmare last night. He hits too fast and his dispel sucks. I cannot cast Heal fast enough onto the tanks thus they get hammered in 2 moves. Sorry for the deaths everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathye
              whats the name/link of the forums/website you guys now instead of allah?
              killingifrit.com is now the best imo, although others also use ffxionline.com as well.

Comment

Well, decent night last night. Tobal, Wedge, D and myself all obtained Gold Keys then D and I headed to Uleguerand Range where D got the Snow Lilly. We then warped back for Beseiged (which I had never done before) and somehow managed to go the whole time (with continual healing / raising and and occasional nuke) without dieing. To be honest, I have no idea what exactly was happening, nor the objectives of either side, but hey, it was fun. Got 700exp, then as soon as it finished FFXI (on my 360) locked up (not sure if it was down to the game or the damn heat).

This week it will be cool if we can continue with CoP, I still need to finish the mission in Pso'xja which I will do tonight if nothing else is going down. I'm also interested in the rest of the Avatars if the LS hasn't done them over the weekend.

Comment

Well I?m not free till Thursday, as i badly, badly need exp after a weekend of dying 12 times, 5 against Fenrir with Akashi, rare and Darwock. And 7 times during the 3 fights with Kirin, strangely I didn?t die to Kirin but his dammed lesser god summons due to pulling hate with no tank to trick on to ><. Aside from that I was rather chuffed to be out damaging Lewis in his god gear, not sure how but I made sure every time I hit Kirin the brd had at least 1 +str song on me before letting rip.

Leaves me with a 1.5k buffer I and doubt we?ll come out CoP bcnm fights with out some sort of death .

As tali said we all got the gold keys we needed (4 of then) within an hour, with wedge coming within 1hp of dying after fighting by himself for while

Comment

I had the pleasure of being killed by 2 bosses this weekend. Obviously there was Fenrir which Darwock already gave the story too. Suffice to say that was vicious. He hits hard and the benefit of a ninja tank are only apparent if you can evade some attacks which I wasn?t able to do consistently.

I?ll certainly be a higher level before I attempt him again.

Yesterday I helped Moot out and joined a ZM6 group. That was actually an interesting battle as the BLM (mentioning no names ) made a macro mistake so opened with Elemental Seal + Water 2 instead of Sleepga. However we recovered it for a hard fought win.

Although Moot had to disband at this point I stayed on to have a go at tanking ZM8 (my original run through this mission had a NIN75 take over tanking). Actually seemed quite straightforward and I thought the horror stories were over rating him.

Then he got clever.

Silencga, removed shadows and whilst I used some Echo Drops he hit me with Light Blade 1141 damage. Dead ninja.

They tried to raise me to finish off the fight but the WHM kept getting silenced. After wiping we agreed to try again and things seemed to go much smoother, however, I am still without a pure ZM8 tanking win in my record as at around 25% I disconnected. Luckily the group won.

I have a chance to get it on my record as Moot will need that mission beating soon.

And speaking of Zilart, fingers crossed that HNMLS that you guys are in will let me take part on Wednesday (and I presume Wedge, Tobal and Apa will be attending). If so, would there still be any interest in attempting some ZM14 fights just to see what we will be dealing with beforehand? Would need to be done either tonight or tomorrow if we do though.

Comment

Are you taking on Divine might on Wednesday? If so any room...

Back from the GP man what a weeikend, going for a lie down.

Comment

As for DM on wednesday not sure I?m guaranteed a placement yet, plus by the sounds of it they?ve tried and wiped before, plus its at 4:30pm GMT+1 which would make it 3:30pm our time so I?ll have to book a day of work but only if know I?m going be on it.

Comment

I don't think any avatar fights were done, nor has Wedge even expressed an interest in them yet, it was just a suggestion on my part as a high level bard will be essential if we are ever to beat Fenrir! (although Akashi did so last night it seems, must have been another LS).

I need to beat Titan & Leviathan to finish the Mamma mia quest, but more urgently I need to fight Shiva for the Ice Ring, so if anybody is going to fight Shiva pleeeeeeeeaaaase let me know, I want to have that in my inventory before I face Maat.

I died a fair bit over the weekend as well, annoying as I'm just not making any progress towards 68. Last night I couldn't understand what went wrong - I died fighting an Uleguerand Tiger as a duo with talizker when I had soloed them (albeit with some very close calls) a few nights before. I realised this morning what it was... I quite often forget that I can cure tanks etc when I have a red mage sub, seems last night I even forgot I could cure myself!

Thanks for the gold key chaps, I got mine having turned up late and did practically none of the work. Shall we say Thursday to press on with CoP then?

Also, Bowyer Ring, I'm ready and have started the quest but I think there's another step to it that wasn't mentioned on here, judging by the cutscene I got going into movalpolos. It's the only thing I've done regarding the place recently so it must be related to that. Two goblins arguing over items they gave to somebody, 3 items they mentioned that they handed over, 1 that they didn't. So I suspect we need that 1 item, which was misareaux garlic (I have it already, rare/ex drop from tavnazian orcs).

I'm also at 58/60 seals for the BCNM, so ready to set a day for it.

Comment

Ah, Apa never mentioned those details. All he asked me was did he want to see if a space would be available. After thinking it over I decided that if I can go I should. Getting this earring is the only block between me getting 75 now so passing up an opportunity because I wanted to do solo fights first would be stupid.

Like yourself though it would mean using some leave from work to take part at 3:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                              Yesterday I helped Moot out and joined a ZM6 group. That was actually an interesting battle as the BLM (mentioning no names ) made a macro mistake so opened with Elemental Seal + Water 2 instead of Sleepga. However we recovered it for a hard fought win.
                              When we did ZM8 our summoner (again no names) used Leviathan's Tidal Wave when the opponent was enwatered, lol! That was a bit of a shock seeing his HP shoot up, but we still won it too ^^

Comment

Originally posted by talizker
                                We then warped back for Beseiged (which I had never done before) and somehow managed to go the whole time (with continual healing / raising and and occasional nuke) without dieing. To be honest, I have no idea what exactly was happening, nor the objectives of either side, but hey, it was fun.
                                Last night was a great introduction to besieged as the zone was at the perfect number of participants, late night ones always seem to be better so hopefully you'll never have to experience the 700+ lagfests you often get.

The enemies are trying to reach the astral candescence in the hall of binding, to do that they have to kill the 5 serpent generals. They can also take prisoners during the attacks (generals, auction house services, warp taru etc) which then need to be freed from cages in the beastmen strongholds.

Our aim is both to protect the generals and stay fighting until the enemies retreat, or are wiped out.

I've never seen any particular strategies being put into action, if people were organised we'd have lots of 1 bard and 5 mages in a party... helped a lot having refresh from tal last night as I've never had it before (and also didn't get a chance to get the sanction refresh as we missed the start).

I want 68 and an elemental torque badly for this, as I occasionally get a proper nuke but 90% of the time it's a full resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X