This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine and Van's copies arrived today and he just brought them round:

Very, very cool set (although sadly postage hasn't been overly kind on the outer boxes with some very slight dentage occuring ;_; )

Still overall, I'm happy. This is all the contents:

From top-left to bottom-right:

Piano Sheet Music Book (meaningless to me)

FFXI Piano Collections (contains Windurst Theme, Rabao Theme, Chocobo Breeding Music, Movalpolos, Battle Theme #2, Promyvion, Jeweled Boughs (huh?!) Ru'Aun Gardens, Distant Worlds (huh!?) Vana'diel March #4 (keh?!)

FFXI Unreleased Tracks

Treasures of Aht Urghan

Chains of Promathia

Rise of the Zilart

Final Fantasy XI Online (base game)

The Unreleased Tracks CD is worth the cost alone to me as it contains music that is used in game but has never appeared on any of the previously released OSTs (Vanicent: "WELL DUH!?").

Contains some CS music, Jeuno Xmas Theme, Summerfest etc.
    Last edited by C'; 02-04-2007, 18:46.

Comment

Hmm couldn't get this pic to show in the first post:

Comment

distant worlds is the CoP ending credits theme, listen to it if you want the impact of completling CoP ruined , March is the title theme music for ToaU i think,(could be CoP or Zilart theme)

Downloaded it the other day(just piano and unreleased Cd's), and im sure at least 1 of them unreleased tracks remixed and in Toau

Comment

To be honest I suspected it was the previously iTunes only CoP ending theme so i skipped past it

Comment

The CoP ending theme I found to be rather disappointing. In terms of FF vocal themes, its probably the worst I've heard - its no "Kiss me Goodbye" or "Eyes on Me" thats for sure - couldn't understand a word of it although its "apparently" english.

When I *ahem* "obtained" the CoP soundtrack from somewhere or other, I was a bit miffed that they'd chosen to neglect to include the battle music that played during the encounter with Promathia (whether it had actually been composed by the time the CD was made I don't know, but other tracks from sea were on it) - hopefully this set rectifies that. What a fantastic piece, everything about that encounter did it for me.
            Last edited by Daragon; 02-04-2007, 23:09.

Comment

That collection looks very nice, what interests me the most would be the cutscene music thats not on the original albums, one I tried to find within the games music files was the Opo Opo Crown quest music, couldn't find it though, only other place I heard it was during a CoP CS, wonder if that made it on there.

Comment

There's a good chance it will be on the Unreleased Tracls disc. The number of CS themes on there that i assumed would have been on one of the original OSTs was staggering.

Christmas Jeuno, Summerfest, fishing etc I could understand as they were added at special times, but some of the CS themes are ones that I recognised from San d'Oria rank missions.

Comment

Distants World Lyrics, i liked it regardless, though understanding what is being sung makes it better

Seas invite in the evening sun
                  to light the somber abyss.
                  Clouds dance up with the heavens' stars,
                  chanting an air of joyous bliss.

Water fades back from blue to jade,
                  guiding young rainbows high.
                  Flowers bloom into red and whites,
                  quenching our hearts when they run dry.

Angels chained by a beast locked in slumber.
                  Sin washed away by the swift flow of time.

I may know the answers.
                  Journeys over snow and sand.
                  What twist in fate has brought us
                  to tread upon this land?

Blessed by light and the burden of shadow.
                  Souls abide to an endless desire.

I may know the answers,
                  though one question I still hear.
                  What twist in fate has brought us
                  to roads that run so near?

Distant worlds together.
                  Miracles from realms beyond.
                  The lifelight burns inside me
                  to sing to you this song.
                  To sing with you this song.
                  To sing to you your song.

Comment

Be honest now, without reading those lyrics would you have been able to tell wtf that singer was on about?

Comment

Mine still isn't here and the tracking is yet to be updated. ; ;

EDIT: Customs of £35 bringing this compilation to the grand total of £85 so far.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 03-04-2007, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post

EDIT: Customs of ?35 bringing this compilation to the grand total of ?85 so far.
                        Ouch, all the more reason to D/L

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post

EDIT: Customs of £35 bringing this compilation to the grand total of £85 so far.
                          ouch now thats a kick in teh teeth... Did rare and van get stung to?
                          Last edited by djtickle; 03-04-2007, 12:57.

Comment

Nope

Well apart from aforementioned dentage

Comment

Even so, if they're not all getting through unscathed I'm not sure I want to chance it.

I only really listen to music that I've saved to my 360 anyway, well outside of games at least - was tempted to buy the Blue Dragon CD in PA's sale until I found it for D/L (the waterside theme is superb, I really can't wait for the game.)

My usual source will probably have the FFXI one up shortly - not worth a possible £80+ imo

Comment

Are we talking about legal download here? If so I am interested in knowing where do these Japanese Game Soundtracks...

Comment

Working...
                                X