Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK leveling is becoming a bit of a pain but getting there and now sitting at 25. Leveling RNG through the lower stages was fun with LS members initially then Wynth and Flynne later on but had to rely on invites so far on DRK and it is nowhere near as efficient.

Can’t see myself taking it beyond 37 at this point but taking it seriously though. Managed to cap out Dark Magic skill (thanks to being very self-sufficient on worms and crabs with Drain and Aspir) and currently working on Enfeebling Magic skill.

Been using Great Axe and regret not using it on WAR now. It’s a truly incredible weapon class. Shield Break offers a brilliant Evasion Down effect for lower levels and the damage potential of Sturmwind is immense. Record so far is 249 which was with Last Resort and an Acid Bolt proc. Should get even more impressive at 30 when I can add Souleater and Berserk into the mix. The damage factor I need to keep in check though as I seem to spend a large portion of the fights tanking. I’ve already had to knock using food on the head as the first swing was enough to get hate off the tank when I did.
    Last edited by C'; 03-03-2008, 09:55.

Comment

Drk Power!!!!!

Comment

Got my DNC half way to 27 last night, it's such a cool job - apart from when you accidentally use divine waltz which seems to generate as much hate as Benediction

Spectral Jig rocks tho.

Comment

Lol it would do its based on the same hate metric!

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
            Lol it would do its based on the same hate metric!
            I would have thought the hate would be more inkeeping with Curaga than Benediction.

Comment

Both are based on the same thing

Comment

DNC fails... merit ur blm

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                  I would have thought the hate would be more inkeeping with Curaga than Benediction.
                  Tsing's right. You appear to be misunderstanding how enmity works in relation to curative effects.

The amount of HP you restore via whatever curative means determines the amount of "hate" you get (the one exception to this is Cure V which drops a fixed amount of anmity onto the caster as originally the hate gain was so immense that it couldn't be controlled properly).

Benediction is not intrinsically a high enmity spike technique (unlike, for example, Invincible) but because it is often used in "oh ****" moments where many people are close to dead, the WHM has cured potentially thousands of HP in one go, and generated a ****ton of enmity to go with it.

Therefore, if your Curing Waltz is curing a mass of HP in one go (especially early in the fight) then you will get hate quite easily.

Comment

Yup what Rare said, one slight point is that it's based on HP percentage healed (I think). So healing 300 HP on a 600 HP taru generates more hate that a 300HP heal on a 1700HP PLD.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                      DNC fails... merit ur blm
                      I hate blm and my merit points are being spent on THF. Also, DNC doesn't fail - far from it infact.

Comment

New Items

The "Emperor Band" will be added to the list of enchanted items that offer a bonus to experience points or limit points. Along with existing items, "Empress Band" and "Chariot Band," the "Emperor Band" can be obtained by trading your individual conquest points. Please note, however, that only one of the above three can be equipped at any given time.

Looks like SE are helpin me out with my blm

Comment

/sigh

These items are ****.

Why not just give us all jobs at 75 when we start S-E? That's how it seems to be going.

Comment

w00t just arrived at last!

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              /sigh

These items are ****.

Why not just give us all jobs at 75 when we start S-E? That's how it seems to be going.
                              They should just make them for the jobs they screwed over that dont get parties anymore and bst.

BLM/DRG/PUP/WHM/BST/

Comment

Woo hooo~ Finally, Black Mages III is coming out!

1) "Opening ~ Bombing Mission" [Final Fantasy VII] (Kenichiro Fukui)
                                2) "Neo ExDeath" [Final Fantasy V - The Final Battle] (Michiro Okamiya)
                                3) "The Extreme" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Michio Okamiya)
                                4) "Assault of the Silver Dragons" [Final Fantasy IX] (Arata Hanyuda)
                                5) Kuraminokumo [Final Fantasy III - This is the Last Battle] (Kenichiro Fukui)
                                6) "Distant Worlds" [Final Fantasy XI] (Kenichiro Fukui)
                                7) "Premonition" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Tsuyoshi Sekito)
                                8) "Grand Cross" [Final Fantasy IX - "Final Battle"] (Keiji Kawamori)
                                9) "Darkness and Starlight" [Final Fantasy VI - "Mario and Draco"] (Tsuyoshi Sekito, Kenichiro Fukui, Michio Okamiya)
                                10) LIFE ~in memory of KEITEN~ (Original Composition by Nobuo Uematsu)

For those who havn't heard before, basically Nobuo's band who plays rock versions of FF Songs. Sad but totally awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X