PLD, DRK, WAR
      Lv.68

Fourth Division Brunne
      DEF:45 STR+8 Evasion+9
      "Subtle Blow"+7
      Set: Increases Attack
      WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, NIN, DRG
      Lv.68

2The melee Cobra pieces look interesting (Acc+11 on a "free" gear is respectable, and I wonder if the mage set with MAB+Macc is worth it?). Obviously the Iron Ram piece is awesome for PLD and whilst Fourth Division is weakest of the lot in my opinion, I have to admit, I'm thinking the combination of 9 Eva and a massive chunk of Subtle Blow means I could probably replace my Scorp Harness with it for my soloing eva build.

Also, it seems we finally have Scrolls of Instant Retrace.

EDIT - as after reading up on it some more, with opinions of people who actually know **** about mages, the cobra mage body is fail.
      Last edited by C'; 20-07-2009, 17:52.

Comment

oh and whilst we're LOLing at posts from other forums, I came across this beauty the other day at AK. I had to doub;e check to make sure it wasn't an old post from 2005 but no it was posted last week.

It's no use trying to talk sense into SE anymore...

I mean, they gave NIN, the most overpowered job in the world, basicly a melee version of a RDM as far as debuffs and survivability go, an update over a job that would have actually needed one. Any other job really.

It's quite clear that they have lost all reason and brain functions.

We were used to SE already doing things over the top when it comes to adjusting things. Be it updates or nerfs, but to pick the one job that's already capable of soloing anything, not to mention one that hogs all the party invites from tanks, DD's and one that can even magic DD quite efficiently with a mage sub, that's just absolute madness.

I agree BLM could have gotten an update. It wouldnt have hurt anyone. What they should have done to it, i have no clue, but this is just wrong.

Melee: Dual wield makes Ninja atleast a top 3 job.
        Tanking: Shadows and Evasion make you next to untouchable.
        Debuffs: Accurate and efficient line, rivalling a RDM.
        Magic DD: 300 points from elemental wheel every few seconds, just broken.
        And now you want to give them even more Enmity, ACC, Evasion, Critical Hit and Magic Attack?

What do Black Mages have?

Well, they can do 1200-1500 damage every 30-60 seconds at the cost of half their MP pool. That doesnt even come close.

Priorities, SE. Priorities.

But apparently making every other tank job quit the game is all part of their plan to bring this game to a closure, really.
        I don'y disagree with his sentiment on BLM but his ideas about what NIN can do are so out of touch with the current game, it's laughable.

Comment

i like the look of the CP booster items, some nice overpowered stuff like +25 str necklace, bound to come fromthe union stuff. Anyone else think scorp harness are about to drop to 10k....

Also when ever the updates ready for download post here for me.

Comment

lol, 1200-1500, 60secs, half mp pool? That sounds like one shiit BLM

I won't be bothering with the Cobra piece, but then i can't stand Campgain anyway, although i do have to feet and legs.

Comment

Downloading update now, seems pretty stable and fast for once.

Comment

S-E fail again.

Tsukumo
                DMG:23 Delay:190 Main hand: DMG:27
                Lv75 NIN

Looks like this is is the NIN augmentable weapon. I highlighted the LOL part. All one-handed versions have the same restriction, but really, pulling that **** for NIN, the very job defined by Dual Wield? Fact is, no NIN main hand the low damage/low delay katana (i.e. Perdu) and this is weaker than Perdu anyway. Unless it's possible to beef it up magnificently with the Faerie quest, it's pretty poor.

Comment

Does no-one else think that these scenario packs should become a free part of the update?

I mean, given that these updates are now, what? Tri-monthly? Almost £30 worth of monthly fees! All the other big MMOs fit in a good deal of content updates each month, whereas we get one or two extra exp pack missions and a load of (mostly) ****ty little details here and there.

Let's hope someone decides to pull the finger out for 14!

Comment

Looks like an impressive 11 missions added, that's pure WotG Mission line nothing else.

Comment

11? How many do they usually add? Half that sounds like more than usual...

Comment

lol awesome, new HNM?

Comment

How do these new base weapons things work? Or does no one know yet? The WHM one is nothing to write home about given its delay. Won't the mainhand be a sort of WS points thing? Given you can only get them in that slot.

I'm guessing we're going through Bat. Downs to get to glacier?
                          Last edited by Rep; 20-07-2009, 19:21.

Comment

They mean the weapon only has the higher DMG stat when equipped in the main weapon slot, not the sub slot.

Nothing to do with WS points.

Comment

well all these aug weapon as base stats are pretty crap, well have to see how the aug work out, i still can't see anything that could beat a Hagun so i be making the monk weapon, which at least starts with +18 dmg but a rather high 96 delay.

Comment

Never mind. Could be worse. BLM weapon is a Scythe

Comment

Working...
                                X