Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thing now I guess is that everyone has a bucket of 75s but most of them are rubbish. The diffrence between properly geared and meritted 75s and plain 75s is huge. You look at TP burns, you get a good one with meritted geared players and your on 20k + an hour, you get the ghetto end and its 6 - 8k.

I think the difference is still there thankfully, you watch and you see it. See alot of it now though with new players coming to end game missing the right subs, basic gear and any idea of how game mechanics work. Have to be told what to do or they're not capable of doing it, even then its a push. You see it in end game kill times as well when shells lock up mobs for hours only to wipe or call for help. Funny results is the parsers where your top DD will do 4 times the damamge of the crappy ones, same goes for BLM.

Suppose one thing that would benice is if they made all xp bonus items rank 10, that should slow the nubcakes down some!
    Last edited by Tsingtao; 04-03-2008, 14:50.

Comment

15/25 pieces of Skadi feet get! just 35 to go which is quite easy to get... 12% movement here we come. I'm sure dj will be on in a bit to be gay about his ares body(15,25 so far). Looks like doing Aad salvage paid off for getting the 15 pieces at least

Comment

Well here comes MrGay ^^

http://images.wikia.com/ffxi/images/f/f2/Enyobreast.jpg + http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Phobos%27s_Cuirass MINE!

w00t only 1 more bit to go. Im in farming mode now....as 9 mil is a pretty sum to save up. All my capped gear is being sold any any other bits and bats that I dont really use.

I mean Fook me

That is one of the nicest lookin body armors in the game looks and stats wise

Congrats to MrTobala, at least we got the boss bits! Now just the NMs which are no were near as hard just that the drop rate sucky!

Comment

Awesome work.

As soon as my RNG is high enough hopefully I can join in on Salvage. I really want these:

Comment

Yeah they are very nice, i like the head and legs from that set to they are very nice.

Comment

After we beat Bahamut last night (which Apa came along to and then DCed for about an hour just before the fight and therefore missed ) we did 5 runs of Double Dragonian to help a linkshell MNK to get Destroyers.

They dropped on the 3rd orb then on the 4th orb (Rep's) this dropped which Rep very kindly let me have:

Wanted this for a long time so can now begin the process to skill up sword and unlock Spirits Within.

Sword looks so awesome.

Comment

Congrats Rare, yeah that sword really does look cool. I got a Busy FF life again atm, Proto Omega tonite (come on pants)! and salvage for the 2nd time this week. (3rd for my group).

My groupd are really spamming it and in the last 3 days got Ares Head, Skadi Feet x2, Morigans Robe, Ares body, 25 parts in teh last 3 days. So all good.

I can now afford x3 Im. Wootz Ingot out of the 12 i need lol Jesus this will be the most expensive item ive ever bought. 6.5mil for Hauby was my most expensive as it stands. After this thou i will need a PCC and a Firebomblet. /sigh

Comment

Yes, that is what NIN needs. The ability to not buy cheap ass Silent Oils every once in a while. -_- I mean, at least finish off the Ni line before adding new class of jutsu.

At least the cure lock thing will be fixed. That was annoying as ****.
                  Last edited by C'; 06-03-2008, 09:32.

Comment

A new warp spell for black mage? Warpaga? I mean what would it be?

Its an easy guess that the whm ones will be tele to the past but a new warp? huh!

As for ninja sneak.... ok yeah its a welcome change but its not just gonna be for nin its for every other whore that subs nin will be like woot.

Just add utsu: SAN plz..or Jubaku: Ni? I mean would Jubaku: Ni really be game breaking? Or even Utsu San lots of ways tehy could add that. 5 shadows long recast. 4 Shadows long recast. Same as Ni but uses 2 tools. Loads of ways to not make it game breaking. Also make it a 75 merit ability so not every job whores it.

Come on SE use ur noggin.

On the plus side for SMN looks like finally elementals will be used.
                    Last edited by djtickle; 06-03-2008, 09:56.

Comment

Warpga would be pointless and lame and that cure lock needs to be removed completely as opposed to drastically reduced, as I'd consider it a glitch that can be exploited.

"Weapons drawn - oh ****, why can't I move? Oh that's why, the stupid Elvaan WHM is cure spamming me -_-"

Think it's time for tier 4 GA spells for BLM or tier 5 nukes. I MIGHT even be tempted to merit my BLM if that were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                        As for ninja sneak.... ok yeah its a welcome change but its not just gonna be for nin its for every other whore that subs nin will be like woot.
                        Nail on head mate.

That’s my big concern about NIN is that it’s losing its identity due to years of having nothing but downgrades. If it isn’t 38+ it would be a major kick in the teeth for the job to finally gain something (as crappy as it is) and for it to be available to everyone who subs NIN (who doesn’t these days?)

PLD/NIN is an incredibly powerful tanking option at the moment, so much so that NIN is often relegated to small manning events. Where does that leave the job? Our enfeebles are far to weak to be any use (I have capped ninjutsu skill, 8 ninjutsu merits (+16 skill) and cast with +25 skill and even then they land about 5% of the time on gods), low damage, fast paced attacks don’t work on the majority of end game mobs (the MNK effect: “start boosting for Chi Blast”) and there is no viable shuriken to go the throwing route (Koga Shuriken looked good until they made it that 1 shuriken dropped each time you complete a specific BC. Whose retarded idea was that?)

Don’t even get me started on the insulting Ninja specific merit categories.

Rant over.

I believe the new Warp was suggested to be a Time Warp to whichever nation you’re allied to in the past.

And Dara is spot on. The “cure lock” is a glitch. It wasn’t always the way. I seem to recall it only manifested around the launch of CoP.

Edit - Just to point out. I don’t begrudge any of the boosts received by jobs noted in this update or previously. PLD did need something, the only problem is that the changes made were so good that PLD can basically gain the tanking advantages NIN has but without fearing the magic type attacks that negate Utsusemi.

Similarly PUP and especially SCH are in dire need of improvements.
                        Last edited by C'; 06-03-2008, 12:23.

Comment

woot lookie what i got tonite!

Awsome. Just head missing now to compete the set which always goes free lot anyways so shouldnt have a problem there.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, has anyone seen Toxicforce online on FFXI lately, I have lost contact with him completely for about 3-4 weeks now, cant get hold of him on his mobile and hes not logged into msn in ages.

Just been trying to get in contact with him.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hey wedge, he normally runs with our salvage LS but hes not been online for like you say the last 2-3 weeks. Ill ask Djinn and a few other in game for you see if they know were hes gone.

Comment

Not seen Tox for a while on SoU either must be away or something rare not have seen him at all. I'll see if Kasha is on later and ask her...

Grats on the legs DJ full homam pretty much there like you said the head is pretty much free given we get one every single omega ><. Nice to actaully make it last night been struggling to get there with the runs being late every time and me being ill yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X