Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've heard its Atlas thats been hacked again for the 3rd time this year.

That's a night mare man ><

Comment

I have another call into them atm. But they say to me, when did you last use ur osode? Im like erm i dont really know... I mean how can anyone remember the last time they used 1 peice of gear if they have multiple jobs.

Also i go on FFxi Atlas and just chatting to tsing looks like its come from there.

Comment

The problem with replacing gear is that it essentially means creating equipment out of nothing as the original “hacked” item would have been sold on the AH to a (likely) honest player. Not only is this potentially bad for the server economy but it is possibly open to exploitation by the less unscrupulous players.

Don’t get me wrong, I think S-E’s current method of dealing with this has been absolutely atrocious and no further security measures have been taken on their part even though this started approximately 6 months ago. Did you know that once someone gets into account there are no checks in place (i.e. security questions) before they go changing your details? Absurd. Also, the advice from the geniuses at S-E appears to be “Don’t get hacked” – {Good job!}

Despite this, I think it’s important to realise it can never be as simple as saying “oh, so you lost a Eurytos Bow, Haubergeon +1, Kirin’s Osode and 2m gil. Here you go then, have them back”.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          Despite this, I think it’s important to realise it can never be as simple as saying “oh, so you lost a Eurytos Bow, Haubergeon +1, Kirin’s Osode and 2m gil. Here you go then, have them back”.
          I realise all that, but what happens to the zillions of gil they remove once they destroy RMT accounts? It all goes around and comes around.

Comment

It's probably nuked with the accounts. Which raises an important question nowadays. How much of this "RMT gil" that is "removed from circulation" announced in there monthly announcements actually belonged originally to honest players?

Comment

Indeed, it's all nuked, therefore giving Tickle back his stuff shouldn't be much of a concern to balance.

Comment

It's "probably" nuked and even if so it's highly likely that some of it will get back out before it is caught. It's still too open to exploitation to allow items to be created from nothing.

Comment

I'd take a guess Dj, I accidentally traded off my ajase bead necklace to an NPC and a GM gave me it back. I know its a crappy little peice but I liked it as True gave it to me and I use it a lot.

You know us mate we'll do what we can to help, remember when you had your hakutaku cluster blown up its one of those occassions. Rargh might not be what it was but I'm sure we can pull together to help you out getting things back.

Comment

Cheers guys, i was so close to quiting this morning but im not gonna get it let me down.

Comment

Dj I never knew you had your Hakutaku Cluster synth fail too? I know that pain man. I had to leave the room whilst the synth was taking place but Moot was watching and when I saw the expression on his face drop I knew it had gone wrong. I nearly quit then but thanks to Bayan getting me back online straight away and a few LS people helping out it all came good.

I nearly quit over that but it shows that players can overcome stuff so it's good to hear you're not letting this situation beat you.

Comment

Lol I meant you rare

Comment

Oh so it's still me in the Farmed Hakutaku Eyes Twice Club XD

In slightly better news, Moot has managed to nab me an Axe Belt off the AH this morning so I can finally get around to finishing off DRK 30-37, just in time for my week off. Been waiting over a week to get one of these.

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your situation Dj mate. I suppose the remotely slim silver lining in your situation was that you had a relatively kind hacker who didn't clean you out completely - not a great comfort to you I'm sure though.

If u need any help with getting some of your things back, then give me a nod if I'm online.
                            Now I'm really paranoid about using all these various FF sites. Thankfully I haven't been on Atlas in months but I still use AH and the wiki pages fairly regularly.

In a slightly unrelated matter, my DNC is closing in on 33 and I would literally kill someone for a Peacock Charm - would anyone be game for helping me out with the BCNM? I would ask that only I use up an orb and as recompense, if the charm did drop then anything else along side it would be shared equally between the other attendees.

Comment

thats really ****ty tickle. Well that scares me abit i only go to BG and wiki for ffxi stuff but im chancing it being a vista/IE user lol, got kasperky backing that up but i think i got to update my xbox version and go back to that.

Comment

Well im just playing the US version of Crisis Core and well **** me well done SE. This game is incredible and atm could go down as one of my all time favs.

Im about 5 hours in and its just amazing. (Watch the CS on the Junon Cannon and u will see what i mean).

A must play for anyone with a PSP.

Comment

Working...
                                X