This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted...
    Last edited by Daragon; 08-05-2008, 11:20.

Comment

Is the 2 hour classed as Magical Damage or Physical Damage does anyone know? If it's a physical attack I can stick in Terra' Staff, Arhat's Jinpachi+1, Arhat's Gi+1 and Jelly Ring for a 40% damage reduction which could nullify it. If (as I horribly suspect) it's magical damage it could be a little trickier.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
        Is the 2 hour classed as Magical Damage or Physical Damage does anyone know? If it's a physical attack I can stick in Terra' Staff, Arhat's Jinpachi+1, Arhat's Gi+1 and Jelly Ring for a 40% damage reduction which could nullify it. If (as I horribly suspect) it's magical damage it could be a little trickier.
        It's a physical attack which affects a radius around the target. I suppose it would be easy to avoid a wipe, you'd just need to know who the target was lol.

Comment

ok, this sounds a lot more promising that what I'd feared (although there is the fight before who we are currently talking about that may be of issue).

I think this is Ouryu all over again. Took 9 months to get going on CoP after reaching this fight and I kept putting it off for fear of the horror stories about NIN and that fight. In the end, it was awesome and we killed it (challenging but not a nightmare)and it is one of my favourite battles in the game so far.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
            ok, this sounds a lot more promising that what I'd feared (although there is the fight before who we are currently talking about that may be of issue).

I think this is Ouryu all over again. Took 9 months to get going on CoP after reaching this fight and I kept putting it off for fear of the horror stories about NIN and that fight. In the end, it was awesome and we killed it (challenging but not a nightmare)and it is one of my favourite battles in the game so far.
            For me at least it exceeds CoP 6-4 in terms of difficulty, which my group cleared relatively easily.

SE clearly chose to ignore the whiners who wanted CoP to be made easier and made the final TOAU BC worthy of the name "final" (unlike the yawnably easy CoP encounter)

Comment

Yes, nin/drk would be a option for it also. But im not to sure how well that would go with the blue mage, as you need to take him down fast to save time for the final boss. So you wont have much time to generate hate, plus you might have to rest mp after him which will take up a little more time. His 2hour is nothing really to worry about, but year there is a move that can take 1k+ but if you just have the correct bar spell up you wont have a problem. I seem to remember us doing it PLD/Nin (tank), Whm, Brd, Nin (me), BLM, Sam

Comment

I'd say the final fight wasn't that hard, did this one in a pick up with 4 x DD RDM and PLD/WAR. No need to mess about with /NIN just reduces your emnity generation for something that's pretty easy to blood tank. Only real strange thing we used was RDM/BLM for tractors, its a long fight but as long as the DD are sensible its an easy one.

Not sure if its the same but when I did once you activated this you couldn't deactivate and it barred you from nyzul assault till you cleared.

If you happen wo want to DD fina fight rare and want a PLD or need an RDM I'll help out if we set up in advance.

Comment

Thanks for the advice/offers for help. I will like to at least give tanking this a go before I call in the PLD reinforcements so we’ll see how it goes.

I did the final few CS missions last night. They were brilliant. I don’t recall seeing Naji much prior to this but already taken a liking to him. Also, the ToAU mission cutscenes have some brilliant writing. I think I mentioned months and months ago how awesome I find some of the references that S-E slipped in there with regards to the playerbase.

Back then it was the list of crimes that Naja was reading out that Luzaf was guilty of and one of them was “monopolistation of the best camping spots”. However, the one I saw last night was even better when King of Hearts demonstrated that he had been observing how mercenaries act in Aht Urghan and demonstrated with the phrase “Need tank? Please send tell”. I literally laughed out loud (Followed by Naji: “oooookkkkk…..”)

Anyway, this basically means I am all ready for Mission 42. I have looked into this a little and it seems to be a series of 3 fights.

Against a BLU and some gears. It’s not clear from what I’ve read so far. Do you have to beat the BLU only to progress or do the gears have to be killed too?

Comment

ah, that made my afternoon. Seems Kesira (of horrible bitch fame) made a thread about returning to the game over at Alla then proceeded to get well and truly pwnt when her true nastiness transpired (which only took a record 2 posts).

Cheered me up no end

Comment

Even S-E seem to realise they've been taking the piss:

The Wings of the Goddess missions have finally begun in earnest...

Comment

You can't say taht and not give us a link to the allah post, I remember her bloke was ace but she was well less than nice.

In other news has anyone found a way to use a decent number of macroes to control their character. For solo 6 slots is just not cutting it, half the spells I use I need to change 10+ item slots + ja's and sometimes pt chat for duo.

This recently picked up vermy, grandiose chain, and heirarch belt

Nearing completion on yigit as well!
                        Last edited by Tsingtao; 09-05-2008, 16:55.

Comment

there are some mean & crazy peeps on FF that seem to outweigh the good ones...

a wretched hive of scum and villainy :P

Btw linkage to that thread for giggles please?
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2008, 17:42.

Comment

Yeah Grimm was a top bloke. Shame about his other half. Anyway, the thread is here:

Originally she had a sig that chastised incorrect use of There/Their/They're or something which is why lolz resulted from people picking apart her posts. lolgaxe proved why he is one of the funniest guys on Alla once again.

For my WS macros (which require 7-8 equip slot changes) I basically had to resort to each use of WS requiring 2 macros to activate and 2 more to change my gear gear back for TP.

The first is just 6 equip swaps, and I put all the gear that will "blink" me in this one (Head, Body, Hands and Feet + 2 other non-blinking). The second macro changes the remaining gear but also activates the Weapon Skill. Then I jist have 2 more macros which put all the TP gear back. It's not ideal tbh but it's the best I'm gonna get without using a "you know what".

Comment

RNG leveling is going sssssslllllloooooowwwwww now. Today's experience was party of 50-52 in The Boyahda Tree doing Bark Spiders with a (wait for it) SAM tank.

Seriously, anyone who complains about NIN's hate holding has clearly never had the pleasure of this. I know as a DD I'm supposed to work with the "hate line" but it's pretty damn hard when the hate line is crossed after a single shot. In the end (after 2 deaths) I switched from Silver Bullets to Scorpion Arrows and stopped using food. Overall think I netted 4k EXP in almost 2 hours

Fingers crossed for better results tommorrow.

Comment

Be sure to let me know if I'm online if u want to party rare, halfway to 51 on DNC

Comment

Working...
                                X