Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifiers on Sidewinder are STR16% and AGI25%. Slug Shot is a straight AGI 30%. However, it's not really worthwhile to start gearing with those in mind until the 70s. Just need to make sure I can hit whilst using Attack food. I really hope I can be pushing out the numbers Tobal mentioned once I get to a camp where I use food again.

For Barrage, Tobal's right and it's most important to ensure you don't miss a shot as that will really screw your numbers up. I macro in Peacock Charm for it whereas normally I shoot in Jagd Gorget.

It's a shame you missed out on Silver Bullets as they are wonderful if you can afford them (I'm lucky in that I can synth the ingots and bullets so even without HQs, work out a lot less than AH prices). Last night, from the "sweet spot" I was hitting for 150+ per shot and criticaled at over 180 (again without food).
    Last edited by C'; 14-05-2008, 07:29.

Comment

HELL YEAH!

Concerning outposts, these are considered a reward for a player’s conquest points. They are also set to be cleared when a player changes nationality because of a sense of belonging. However, as more players have cleared missions, we have increasingly received requests for more random missions in other countries.

In response to the request, the following adjustments will be made:

* When a player changes nationality, access to previous outposts will be saved.
      * In a new nation, a player will have to start out from scratch. However, previous records are retrieved upon return to the nation of origin and the player can then re-access saved outposts.
      This was taken from a recent Developer Panel Interview that is documented on Alla. The first paragraph doesn't make that much sense but the bulletpoints are the biggie and if this is implemented next update I will definately be nation switching (probably Bastok) and get more Rank 10s. I may even try and get all OP Warps on all nations (this is why I haven't wanted to drop from San d'Oria as I have Gustaberg and Sarutabaruta) although starter zones haven't been 'lost' in a long time.

Comment

Oh just had a brain wave( few & far between) An xbox 360 I have is NTSC but my copy of ffxi is pal, is the game region free? /panic.

Comment

Woot finally back home and onto FFXI got my new aniversary ring and in other news a while ago I got a Bloodbead ring from Bostaneaux Obliette. Just wating for some gear to sell then its time to convert my zenith pumps!

Think next on the shopping list then are my dusk hands and feet and an umbra cape. Might grab an Apollo's staff as well jsut for 8/8 HQs...

Comment

Apparently the Mog Bonanza lottery thingies are now available to buy but they are individual, non-stackable items, so if you value your inventory space, maybe wait until a couple of days before the event finishes to make your purchases. I need to lose 10 inventory spaces like I need a hole in the head.

Comment

Awesome, so i'm camping Cargo Crab Colin (0/14) and there's this little Taru named Poohachan or something camping against me. He'd kill Krakens and the Goblin BH only and return perfectly to the same spot, just like a bot. Never ever the ph though, i left it up for 15mins a few times and still he'd only kill those two. Then after about 2hrs he sent me a /tell, which all i could make out was "MPK Play --> GM Call" (rest was in Japanese). Was probably a bluff but on my way out anyway to the match, so didn't stick around to find out. Playerbase of late just seems to be getting worse

Comment

Been nosing round again and I've deviced I want a serket ring, either that or a Vivian's Ring but we all know how often that drops. Still being messed about by Rapido as well 0/15 ish since we dropped Fission's bow, hoping we should get mine soon now!

On the upside gil has been kind to me this week dropped ~2 million in last 2 days.

Comment

Right boys, serious question time. I've played this a few times, and never got further than level 10. I've got the 2007 edition for the 360 now - reckon it is worth another pop?

(What server are you all on, and what not?)

Comment

as with all mmo's you not going see what the game has to offer at lvl10 and this is certainly a be case with ffxi as 14 of the 20 jobs on offer are locked till you hit level 30 and being level 10 i assume you never saw partying. Have a look at http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Jobs to see what you missing out on.

As of right now 6th year event are going on so a special exp ring is up for grabs for free and insane lottery for prizes can be entered if your lvl 5+. Games changed abit since WOTG expansion, which offered alot of solo content for 50+, and SE introduced even more nerf's to the games hardness making it easier than ever to grind exp and do the missions.

We've all on seraph server but we've no longer together as rargh LS died as we went to different endgame Linkshells.

Comment

Okay, cheers man. Is there a low-level linkshell kicking about, or is it worth just jumping in with some of you high-end people and slowly working my way up to something?

Comment

Best bet is finding a social linkshell, and i'm sure you can ask us for help if you get stuck. I don't know any social ls atm, im only in a endgame/half social Ls, maybe ask djtickle if he'll get you a pearl.

Comment

I'm vaguely tempted to do something about reviving Rargh I miss it, if people were interested we could get it back together but no way I'm doing it alone. Witha bit of effort we could get it back to how it was before, I have the time now I'm not running anything in end game.

In other news though an ace weekend has seen me covnert my zentih pumps and get and convert my zenith mitts.

that now puts me at

4/5 on Zentih - Dalmatica to go
                          4/5 on Crimosn - Crimson Mask to go
                          2/5 on Koenig - this stuff is like chickens teeth and only drops when I'm not there

Next hopefully will be my algol, lost lots on it twice now and I'm still gutted on losing one on a seveneyes ><

Out of interest is anyone doing Nyzul at the moment?

Comment

Following some advice in another thread formated my PC hard drive for the first time in owning it in 5 years and am currently in the process of reinstalling the game, upon which I no doubt have hours and hours of updates to download.

JOY!

I know there is a way to back them up but:

a. I couldn't be assed finding out how
                            b. Wanted to make sure this was a clean Windows install with nothing from the old carried over

Hope I backed up my macros/map data correctly on the POL servers the other day XD

EDIT - UGH! Predicting 1 hour just to update POL Viewer. i should have just waited until tommorrow and bought FFXI 2008 edition which probably have everything all nicely packaged together on 1 DVD.
                            Last edited by C'; 22-05-2008, 14:33.

Comment

2. Downloading Files

Time remaining: 10 hours

Comment

C' I hate to worry you but I did read that the saving macro feature actually saved to your HDD and not servers, but if that is wrong please correct me...

Comment

Working...
                                X