This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE have released the second mini expansion:

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" Advance Order Details! Official Site Goes Live! (29/06/2009)
    Hear ye, hear ye! Heroes and heroines of Vana'diel, know well that advance orders for "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat—Evil in Small Doses" will be accepted via PlayOnline from Monday, July 6th. This add-on scenario, the second of three, spins a tale of Mog House mayhem. What manner of stirring adventures and rich rewards await you this time? Why, just wend your way over to the newly launched official site and see for yourself!

A promotional video and more will grace the site in the coming days, so keep your eyes peeled for the latest news!

Access the official add-on scenario site here.

*Purchasing users will be able to access the new content with the release of the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update, currently scheduled for late July.

Comment

Not sure what to make of the add-on's rewards. Each item's base stats seem a bit **** compared to the last one and I'm struggling to decide what augments I want - I already have +5% haste from my turban and snapshot probably wouldn't benefit THF too much.

Magical critical hit rate SOUNDS useful for my mages, but would 10% be enough? I'm guessing not.
      Last edited by Daragon; 29-06-2009, 12:35.

Comment

HOLY **** at augments!!!

Much better choice of augments there. Covers some jobs that were hard done by with ACP body augments (i.e. WHM). Although I had a few choices last time, the one I chose was always the strongest contender, but this is so much harder.

I can see (for NIN):

TP Piece - Haste+3%, Accuracy+15 Attack+5
        WS Piece - STR+4, Weapon Skill Accuracy+15 DEX+4 Crit Damage+2%
        Tanking - Haste+3%, Magic Damage -2%, Enmity+4

Then there's the RNG options.

Just WOW!

Comment

This would be an easier choice to make if SE added haste +5% as a single augment, rather than spread it over 2.

The haste bonus is probably the only reason I'd go for THF. I already have a haste +5% headpiece, the appeal of this is somewhat limited.

Comment

You’re thinking too simply. Haste+3% Accuracy+10 Attack+5 is a much better headpiece (especially for one-handed weapon users) than a straight Haste+5%.

Hell, Accuracy+10, Attack+5, STR+4 WS Accuracy+15 is the best weapon skill piece for all multihit weapon skill users.
            Last edited by C'; 29-06-2009, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              You’re thinking too simply. Haste+3% Accuracy+10 Attack+5 is a much better headpiece (especially for one-handed weapon users) than a straight Haste+5%.

Hell, Attack+15, Attack+5, STR+4 WS Accuracy+15 is the best weapon skill piece for all multihit weapon skill users.
              Would probably agree with that, but where's the Attack +15 coming from? I don't see it up there. I'm guessing you meant Accuracy +10?

Comment

yes, sorry. Corrected.

Comment

Also, mage hat should familiar if you've played Final Fantasy 3 for the DS.

Comment

sweeeetness!!! Moogle gangsters!

Comment

any ws piece in that overwhelm like 2% damage increase, that massive compared to a bit of str and att.

Comment

China are going to ban gil selling/ virtual currency selling

Comment

I wonder if China will class American Dowwar as 'goods' though? Might be a loophole in it there.

Still, this is a good step in dealing with the problem, I doubt GSers are exclusively China based however, plus at the end of the day there is nothing stopping these scumbags from emmigrating to a country where it will still be permitted - afterall, this is a living for some of them!

Comment

I hear there is a surge of Korean GS now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              At the end of the day there is nothing stopping these scumbags from emmigrating to a country where it will still be permitted
                              Hmmmm... suspect my Chinese friends would disagree with that. It's not easy to leave China... they don't tend to let you out willingly! Unless little nearby countries you can escape into over the mountains improve their internet connectivity, it's unlikely those particular people will physically move.

Comment

Well the actual grunts might not move but the heads might be able to slink out.

Comment

Working...
                                X