Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well no one was around at the weekend so i set about doing ASA and im up to the 2nd to last fight(after that is an item collection in a nasty area and the final fight), all i'll say is it mostly soloable apart from the the Gustav fight(can be low maned) and the nm hunt quest depending on your access to level 75 jobs.

Also i've never, ever hated a mission timesink like the 1st mission in ASA after i realized i needed double the items to finish the quest, i said **** this and brought them on the AH(which the entire quest can be done that way but it'll set you back 100k atm). If guys bother turning up i'll come help on the fight at least.

Comment

****. I forgot I was supposed to coming online at the weekend to start this.

I will purchase the add-on this evening and make a start.

Comment

I won't be returning until at least after xmas, had no idea how serious **** would get in final year at Uni. Do miss playing White Mage, returning right now would be pretty dangerous though.

As far as i'm aware the storylines are still incomplete? It would be nice to go through the rest as and when they are, one last hurrah before XIV is released. Other then last add on, i couldn't actually say what was in the last update, or even when it was, that's how far i've been keeping away.

Comment

the new update added some party buffing stuff for smns, seemed decent so far. bst got an ok'ish pokemon system where they can select attacks based on pet tp and charges(similar to quickdraw) but the items to make the +60 jug pets are hampering everything.

They added about 2-3 new nm for every nearly every single area with most of it rare/ex with terrible drop rates(think och kotes) and alot of nm only craftables. Seems to be the most enjoyable thing for most people hunting a **** ton of new nm's.

And this new synergy stuff while yet to come online(due next week) turned out to be a new craft so only those with high crafting and gil will get the benefit sadly but i can see why as it would only make the FoV aug system(and no FoV itself) useless so i can see this being a for "elite" player only for the first couple of month while hnmls fight over the these pigments and broken weapons dropped by some of the new nm(hnm's at that, turned out SW threw alot of fomor HNM into the past that can level up as they kill players)

Comment

Yeah I saw info on the new fomor HNMs. Look cool

I made a start on ASA last night as promised. I've farmed up and synthed all 3 items that I needed before I stopped. Will hopefully sort more today/tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
              I won't be returning until at least after xmas, had no idea how serious **** would get in final year at Uni. Do miss playing White Mage, returning right now would be pretty dangerous though.

As far as i'm aware the storylines are still incomplete? It would be nice to go through the rest as and when they are, one last hurrah before XIV is released. Other then last add on, i couldn't actually say what was in the last update, or even when it was, that's how far i've been keeping away.
              Sounds like you almost fell into the same trap I did mate, I completely underestimated my final year at uni simply because I aced my first and second ones. I spent way too much of my time in year 3 on this and my grade took a knock as a result. It would be cool if you were around for the Shantotto Ascension fight, but obviously you've got another priority.

As for me and the add-on, my plan to start last night was scuppered due to my randomly failing internet connection. It seems to be fine for the moment however, so will be on to start this evening, and hopefully be ready for the fight @ the weekend.
              Last edited by Daragon; 19-11-2009, 07:41.

Comment

Seems I fell into the same trap as Tobal with regards to the farming aspect of the new missions but eventually made progress last night.

I'm now up to the part which involves the 6 battles and completed one so far. Aim to finish the rest off tomorrow at the latest but was a bit fed up of traipsing all around the world after a few hours.

Comment

Guys, just letting you know where I stand in regards to the add-on.

After some digging up on the finer points of the expansion, I've discovered there's a pretty serious glitch which affects Xbox users during the final fight involving enemy weapon skills. As a result, I'm going to avoid playing it until a fix is put forwards (my PC is too unstable to risk using so that's out).

This means I won't be available to help out this weekend if that's when you want to get this cleared, so sorry about that

Comment

New Mog Bonanza scheduled to run from Christmas Eve.

Comment

How exciting! Let's see if I match my summer success

Comment

Not been on a long while now really I suspect I might have retired, just all seems a bit like hardwork to crack on with anything. Mightmake a return in the new year but I think I might be done.

Been messing round on MW2 but I suck something awful at FPS, I need some help!

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                          Not been on a long while now really I suspect I might have retired, just all seems a bit like hardwork to crack on with anything. Mightmake a return in the new year but I think I might be done.

Been messing round on MW2 but I suck something awful at FPS, I need some help!
                          Next time your one give me a shout buddy!

Comment

Good news everyone!

I'm reactivating Rep as I type, took some time off and managed to stay away to concentrate on Uni and i've done just that! Time to get stuck in over xmas again (prob be Friday before full time), Until my next break after the new year.

So who's upto what and where?

Comment

Well, hopefully people have still yet to clear Shantotto Ascension - I've recently bought a new copy of the core game on 360 from thehut for a fiver so even if the final battle glitch remains I should be immune to it.

Will probably be online again over the next couple days.

Comment

Just doing the Prime fights now. Mission 2 reached new levels of lol after many hours of farming and breaking the Alchemy synth (level 100+2) and creating the Woodworking one (Level 10).

Looking at the reward and Mage legs with Movement speed and Dmg-% would make an uber BLM solo piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X