Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss the big, random mobs that would appear. When I was starting out (especially on Hydra) I'd get a massive sense of astonishment stumbling across some huge, strange beast. It was even an honour getting wiped out by them for the first couple of times. Glad to see they've added more in beginner spots - get the point across to any n00bs that you can't **** around with this game.

Comment

Do we know if that new complete edition of the game doodad is still going on sale today? Have checked the online store and there's no sign of it and rather annoyingly the Abyssea website is still linking me to the JP page

Quite eager to get back into this now, check out all the new **** that I've missed during my almost 12 month absence.
      Last edited by Daragon; 16-05-2011, 11:32.

Comment

I bought it early this morning, had to follow the link for the old Ultimate Collection on the Euro FFXI page, it actually takes you to the Abyssea edition. 10 hours of updates though

Pretty productive week, managed to bag myself the following:

And super lucky with the Augments on this:

My favourite part though

Last edited by Rep; 16-05-2011, 11:54.

Comment

*gasp*

Edit: I think I need the US version as that's what I registered my original details with - doesn't seem to be available on the US POL page yet. Guess it's probably too early in the day over there still.

Edit 2: Right, wonder how I'm going to be buying this, given that D2D seems to be the US store of the game - pretty sure I'm not going to be able to use "Emerald City" in my address details with them
          Last edited by Daragon; 16-05-2011, 11:56.

Comment

I expect the only way your going to be able to do it is to buy from PoL the content that you want. Gonna be more expensive but I rekon its the only way you will be able to do it.

Think each addon works out at about 8 quid each.

Rep is that Bonds of Mythril ?
            Last edited by djtickle; 16-05-2011, 12:24.

Comment

Nope, It's what Price Loyalty. The one wear she attacks anyone spellcasting with TP and does the Pertri WS. I tried to solo the San'd Oria one but was way too much. S Quest 11, B Quest 12, W Quest 12.

Comment

Think I have a potential solution for my problem - by paying for my DD with paypal I should be able to get around needing a US postal address.

Now I just need to hope that it will be sold by steam as D2D are refusing to sell the previous ultimate collection based on my UK ip.

Comment

Try this site dara

Proxify is an anonymous proxy service which allows anyone to surf the Web privately and securely.

Also has anyone any experience in playing FFXI on MAC?

Comment

I've just figured out how to hide my ip using a firefox add-on, so I'm all good - hopefully now I just need to wait for the new collection to go on sale

Comment

Ok, well it's just gone up on steam, d2d and amazon US now. Won't let me purchase from the prior two so now having to place my faith in amazon.

Apparently not long ago, you could enter a made up US address into amazon US just like with POL and people have confirmed doing that to purchase US PSN points - I just hope the same method can be used for digital downloads!
                      Last edited by Daragon; 16-05-2011, 18:06.

Comment

Quick question anyone using windower on Windows 7 just upgraded and it doesn't seem to want to play ball.

Comment

Working fine on my machine, though i do have steam installed version was a pain to get working but once you get the folder paths sorted it works.

Also , as tickle said i've complete stage 1 GTK, had a mess around try to get trigs for the next phase which went ok as i ended up teaming up with some jp's, and from my 2 pop set got only 2 lanterns.. ah well, at least i got a crap ton of +2 AF items to myself(monk legs complete now). Stage 2 progress 12/50, and will probably be alot slower with this 10 minute timed pop for one of the Key items as its most like dragon's aray inthe old days.

Comment

What's the steam installed version and any tips on getting windower running without it on window 7?

Comment

I run windows 7 and Windower without steam with no problems. I think its a permissions issue you are having, as I had the same one. If you have windower installed in program files it doesn't like to run. I just put the folder on my desktop and now it runs, never been arsed to figure out the correct permissions for it.

See your taking after me tob with your sub jobs! ^^

Comment

Don't you have a US account Tob, like the rest of us early adopters? Assuming you still use it, how did you get a US version off Steam? Been trying to get that new complete collection off there but it won't sell it me.

Comment

Working...
                                X