This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this shows potential.

First two were with Atma of the Baying Moon (MAB+30) and Atma of the Kirin (INT+50). Hyoton was standard nuke, Katon followed immediately with Futae.

The Raiton was a bit of a cheat. Replaced Atma of the Kirin with Atma of the Lion (Lightning Magic Attack+40).

All were with a fresh Innin (so MAB+30 or thereabouts).

My nuke set is pretty half-assed at the moment. Need some Magic Attack katanas (Trial of the Magians and Yagentshiro) and Iga Tekko +1/+2 and some more INT in slots that aren't doing anything. I imagine Atma of the Ultimate would be good too but I've never actually been in a group that has beaten Proto-Ultima.

Obviously it won't ever beat what BLM can do in Abyssea but will open up a different option to me.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
      Yup you certainly can, the next upgrade to it turns it into this

Which apart from the 90 upgrade is the best GS in the game, even beats out relic cause of the dmg on the WS.

This is the case with most of these emp weapons its the High Dmg + high dmg WS which makes them special.

Did my 1st bit of farmin yesterday for it 5/50 on lanterns
      Does it beat the Relic Scythe (Haste aftermath) or just Ragnorok (Of which I've only seen one anyway). I believe the only Relic which still trumps Empy. is the Club, since the Empy. WS (Dagan) doesn't do a single point of damage.

Comment

Drks that have tested still say relic scythe ftw, but this is the next best thing

Better than empy scythe as its fails XD

Didnt play after update last night but it seems any type of cure did 99999 dmg to dead mobs lol! Pics all over ffxiah.

Comment

There was a four and a half hour emer. maint. WHM one shotting T4 Voidwalker and allsorts

Last edited by Rep; 12-07-2011, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            Did my 1st bit of farmin yesterday for it 5/50 on lanterns
            Damn, I'm jealous. I love/miss chilling out and farming for something relevant.

Comment

God damn steam and it's summer sale. I've only managed about a day in-game since reactivating my account - bastards charged me ?16 for the month, though presumably 50% of that is the character reactivation fee.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Damn, I'm jealous. I love/miss chilling out and farming for something relevant.
                It's not farming in a traditional sense. Depending on how popular the NM path your empyrean is on, it can be incredibly frustrating with multiple groups attempting to claim NMs on 10-20 min repop timers.

Comment

I'm taking it easy atm, Grounds of Valour in Zehrun mines trying to get a skillup ring out the chest while skilling up various war weapons. Also discovered there skillup food! but i can't leave the mines for fear of loses my GoV bonuses to go get some.

Comment

I'm trying to +1 my Ninja Chainmail and never obtained a single AF upgrade item when I've done Limbus in the past.

Decided first to go for Plaited Cord which I knew was soloable by NIN in the past when cap was 75 so thought it would be a simple enough duo at level 90 in Temenos North. And remarkably on Saturday got the item first attempt (as well as about 13 coins each).

So now came Apollyon, and researching the Wiki showed that NW Apollyon had the greatest chance of droprate for Ebony Lacquer. This is a slightly tricky first floor (ghosts) followed by an easy second floor with a 15% chance of getting the item in the chest. We got BLU drop so at least Moot got his and we decided to push on and farm as many coins as we could.

Clear floor 3 (ignoring the adamantoise boss) then full clear floor 4 (including the wyrm) and move onto the final floor (Behemoths). The three regular mobs prove simple enough and we have over 20 minutes on the clock so mull over whether it's even worth attacking him. We decide we have nothing to lose and could try to outcure the damage Meteor causes. That strategy would have failed but meleeing revealed something I never realised before.

Kaiser Behemoth can be interrupted whilst casting Meteor just like any other spell.

We changed tactics slightly, saving TP for whenever he began to cast then unleashed our weapon skills hoping to interrupt. Got him down to 75%, no problems. 50%, this is easy, 25% and...

He uses Thunderbolt.

We're both stunned and unable to interrupt his next Meteor cast.

Moot's down and this is me.

I should have give up at this point but instead I run away and switch to nuke gear. I didn't expect to do much good at this point but wait for him to fail a Meteor cast and then land a nuke. I expected to do a piddly 50 damage and prepared to Mijin Gakure.

Repeated a another nuke (without Futae this time) and got 288 damage. I knew he only had about 7000HP and we'd dealt the majority of that before he landed Meteor so I knew he could withstand about 6 or 7 more spells. Outrunning the Meteor cast was easy then just followed up with my own magic and bit by bit his HP bar chipped away until...

And that's not even the best part of this story. This was our final armoury chest loadout.

EBONY LACQUER!!!!!

I'm still in shock that it actually worked. Already told Moot we're doing it again as I want to upgrade Ninja Hatsuburi too but I don't think he'll mind too much as we got 53 coins on the run and he wants Boxer's Mantle.
                    Last edited by C'; 12-07-2011, 22:33.

Comment

Nice efforts, i miss limbus used to really enjoy it!

speaking of limbus just seen this....

Last edited by djtickle; 14-07-2011, 09:44.

Comment

New record (outside Abyssea). Was with Futae. Normal damage was 324. This was with a Sekka (MAB+8 INT+6) so two more upgrades to go in it.

I've learnt that gold chests in Abyssea - Tahrongi can give augmented Demon Rings with MAB and Magic Crit+ so may try and farm those some time.

Comment

Any recommendations as to which rank 4 prize from the Bonanza I should go for?

Was a bit shocked when the first item I noticed I could choose from was Joyeuse, I had a momentary lapse of memory where I forgot that rank 4 was actually fairly rubbish.

So far I've had either of the sea capes or helms recommended to me (have been quite tempted by Nocturnus helm I must admit, despite having no jobs to benefit from it). Given that my thf doesn't have either peacock charm or amulet (no doubt there's something out there that goes to the toilet all over it these days) I'm also drawn to Love torque.

Comment

I'd say that Nocturnus Helm is pretty much impossible to obtain via it's normal method with Campaign in its current state so if you wanted to use your prize to get something genuinely "unobtainable" it would be a good choice. In terms of a piece of gear though, it is probably beaten by Twilight Helm. Valhalla Helm is probably almost as difficult to obtain due to low take up of Einharjar but as a piece of gear it's even more situational. Only useful for PLD (which as a job is pointless at this moment but will probably become relevant again post-Abyssea) and perhaps PDT/MDT sets for WAR (i.e. totally situational). As a piece of gear though it is still pretty unique for its slot so isn't superseded by anything at 90 (albiet it's not a full time use piece).

Definitely ignore the Seals prize (you can get seals for any piece of gear in a couple of hours) and Dynamis - Beaucedine armour is soloable/duoable with ease now (I have 19 of the possible 20 drops from Beaucedine from 3 visits).

If it was me who won rank 4 (once again Bonanza was a 20k statue for me), I'd probably choose Hope Torque and from what I gather, as THF is one of the few jobs that didn't get an Empyrean accessory in the neck slot, Love Torque is still a good option for THF (only Asagaya's Collar is comparable). Although it should be feasible to low man sea gods now the fact that no one bothers and the low droprates would mean I'd choose the torque just to avoid the stress of going to all that trouble.

Comment

Cheers for that rare - very helpful. I can see why you'd be so drawn to Hope Torque, what with it having the benefit of applying to your two strongest jobs. Love Torque would probably only really suit my THF (regardless of how desperate I am to replace my Spectacles with something that isn't Chivalrous chain, even though I have a relatively highly level DRG, but then if it was that high enough I'd be even more torn between it and the N.Helm).

So it's a toss up between N.Helm and L.Torque - any other opinions?
                              Last edited by Daragon; 18-07-2011, 12:11.

Comment

If they are the 2 you have pulled it down to then go for L Torque, N Helm is outclassed by twlight which once you have gotten your teeth into abyssea is really easy to get.

Comment

Working...
                                X