Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting your anniversary comments Rare and Tob, I enjoyed reading them. Mahlory posted a picture on Facebook this week of her and Mihki's PC setup that they used for FFXI. For me the whole CoP storyline was the high point from the Lv30 Promyvion runs, the Phomiuna Aquaducts for Subligars to some amazing boss fights. I also remember less fondly the days camping and killing Dune Widow (30+ times) and I never did get the Spider Torque! Its definitely my gaming highlight and even several years later I still enjoy staying in (at least occasional) contact with most of LS. Thanks for the memories Apa, Dara, Darwock, DJ, Hic, Mahl, Moot, Rare, Rep, Tob, Tsing, Vani & Wedge.

Comment

FFXI is hard!!!! lol

But it is!!! I put together a group of 6 people to do the new Nyzul Isle and its rock hard!!!! Sure many people have cleared it cheating but trying to do it legit is another thing all together!

Our best is 1 > 96 timeout. Really really enjoying doing it, its getting the current FFXI moan fest because its hard content. SE finally on the right track with something, great fun.

Cant wait for the up coming Limbus and Einerjar renewals.

Comment

I think the main problem we NN is the random element from floor jumping mixed in with the **** nature of cramped rooms where you can't see whats around the corner half the time annoying, i think someoneon BG put it even with buff items you have less than 0.1% chance to get a perfect run of floors to get enough time to beat the boss on 100 without cheating(this includes fillmode), now with the floor limiter slowing down max floor jumps when you reach your floor cap floor.

And now we have the JP fest getting a real life mog tag lotto when 500yen gives you a chance at least 1 rare/ex VW item, and perhaps a one of the 10, 99 glowing mythic/relic/Empy tickets there giving away.

Vana'fest best blow my socks of or im officially done with XI, im just logging and doing nothing even when i see the rare shouts for something i want i can just can't muster up any effort to do anything.

Comment

People have about a 50% win rate on it now, just that you have to spend a fortune on meds and items. I expect a incoming patch to make you jump more floors etc or something to make it easier. As with everything else the players are complaining so they will make it easier, which I think is a real shame.

Comment

Someone mention me?

Just wanted to say hey and I still think about you guys

Here's to the good old days xxx

Comment

Always nice to hear from you Mahl, how's life treating you?

Comment

Hey Daragon

It's all cool with me thanks, Me and Mihki had a little boy who is now a year and a half :O It goes so fast but he's the coolest little thing

Hope everything is good with all of you as well?

xx

Comment

Good 'ol family reunion going on in here!

Well pretty much my ffxi long term goal is complete....

Comment

You know, I hate you guys. Just when I thought I was out.. you start pulling me back in.
                    (It's probably not worth it now though, is it.. )

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
                      You know, I hate you guys. Just when I thought I was out.. you start pulling me back in.
                      (It's probably not worth it now though, is it.. )
                      Depends what your looking for, few of us just low man stuff now and as you can see above works out cool

Give me a shout if you do.

Comment

File size update changes installation from 10Gb to 19Gb for ps2 users tomorrow....wtf are they adding?

We would like to alert users of the PlayStation 2 version that the minimum hard disc space required will be increased from the current 10GB (or 8GB depending other factors) to 19GB in the Jun. 14, 2012 version update.

Comment

Probably just a few old school fans being hopeful, but recent rumors are suggesting the announcement of a new expansion or add-on at the 10th anniversary concert in September.

Quite why it would be announced there and not TGS however is a mystery. Might explain the extra space requirement though.

I really don't see it myself, with hopefully a renewed focus on XIV, but a new expansion would certainly bring me back (if there were new jobs added anyway). Having said that, SE obviously must have some degree of faith left in the game for there to be an entire concert to celebrate the anniversary, even if they're not directly involved with it.
                          Last edited by Daragon; 12-06-2012, 10:13.

Comment

Double post for some reason.....

Comment

New expansion? I'll be coming back. Damn you S-E.

Comment

Maybe a new expansion who knows, I dont think they would add new jobs as there are far to many. I expect if anything it would be along the lines of the 3 mini expansions they once did.

Comment

Working...
                                X