No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will drag down the benchmark soon, unfortunately I'm away in the Maldives o the launch date, well not that unfortunately really just poor timing from SE for me

Mind have they ever released anything on time I'll probably be back when it goes live.

Comment

hmm...

There's something bottlenecking my system for this.

I get 3800 on 1080p, 4000 on 720p.

They're decent scores but there should be a much bigger difference between the two. A similar score at a lower res usually indicates it's the CPU holding it down but I've a i7 860 which should more than keep up with a 5850....

*ponders*

Comment

Got my invite back on the 12th but due to taking ages to download the client and login issues have not actually played it yet.

Got around 2600 on the 1080p and 2900 on 720p, not bad but not great. Running a old Phenom X4 9950BE and a single 5770.

I'm gonna run it at 1080p as will be on my TV so will see how it runs in the beta, if it isn't up to snuff I'll get another 5770 for the real release and have them in crossfire.

Seems like I'll have to wait a while to test though as it seems the next test is not till Wednesday.

Test Schedule

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 2:00 to Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 00:00 (GMT)

* We will be conducting maintenance on each world in order to further investigate the issue.
        The following is the maintenance schedule for each world:

Shadowlord World and Garland World
          From July 21, 2010 at 6:00 to 8:00 (GMT)

Emperor World and Golbez World
           July 21, 2010 from 9:00 to 11:00 (GMT)

Exdeath World and Kefka World
          July 21, 2010 from 12:00 to 14:00 (GMT)

Sephiroth World and Ultimecia World
          July 21, 2010 from 15:00 to 17:00 (GMT)

Jecht World and Gabranth World
          July 21, 2010 from 18:00 to 20:00 (GMT)

Comment

Its been a rough start for the beta, hopefully they have fixed the login issues, I wouldn't be surprised to see them wipe all characters as they mentioned server distribution was not working correctly and caused some servers to get overloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            hmm...

There's something bottlenecking my system for this.

I get 3800 on 1080p, 4000 on 720p.

They're decent scores but there should be a much bigger difference between the two. A similar score at a lower res usually indicates it's the CPU holding it down but I've a i7 860 which should more than keep up with a 5850....

*ponders*
            The high score seems fine, however you should get more on the low one, I put in a Geforce 460 the other day which is fairly close to the 5850, i'm on an I5 750 and scored 4760 on 720p, with your I7 you should be around the 5000 mark.

Comment

Ah, found a problem.

Seems like it could be a bottleneck. My CPU's running at 2ghz rather than 2.8.

Now to see if it's rubbish bios settings or windows trying to save power...

*edit*

For some reason the multiplier in the bios was stupidly low. Bumped it up to 2.8ghz and got a nice solid 5613 \o/
              Last edited by abigsmurf; 18-07-2010, 14:06.

Comment

Ah, found a problem.

Seems like it could be a bottleneck. My CPU's running at 2ghz rather than 2.8.

Now to see if it's rubbish bios settings or windows trying to save power...

*edit*

For some reason the multiplier in the bios was stupidly low. Bumped it up to 2.8ghz and got a nice solid 5613 \o/
                Nice thats more like it

This reminded me of the time I got my first pc, a 486 and for the first month or so I wondered why when playing Theme Park it took about 5 hours to complete a game day, turned out the pc was set to run at 4mhz lol, just a small oversight hehe.

Comment

New PC set up and ran the benchmark on High Settings.
                  Here's my score:

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped in their advice.
                  Now I just gotta get an invite to the beta!
                  Last edited by elaniel; 23-07-2010, 15:25.

Comment

That score's actually surprised me. It looks quite low.

I thought 1500 and below meant it wouldn't be compatible with the system. Despite me needing a new desktop, there's no way on earth I'm spending upwards of a grand primarily on this when it will eventually (hopefully) release on the PS3.

I have to laugh, the game was originally announced on the PS3 and made up part of one of Sony's showcases at an event I forget. I'll wait for the **** to hit the fan as soon as Squenix come along to their Sony paymasters begging forgiveness when their game is far too powerful for the system to the point where it's not worth bothering with a port

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      That score's actually surprised me. It looks quite low.

I thought 1500 and below meant it wouldn't be compatible with the system. Despite me needing a new desktop, there's no way on earth I'm spending upwards of a grand primarily on this when it will eventually (hopefully) release on the PS3.

I have to laugh, the game was originally announced on the PS3 and made up part of one of Sony's showcases at an event I forget. I'll wait for the **** to hit the fan as soon as Squenix come along to their Sony paymasters begging forgiveness when their game is far too powerful for the system to the point where it's not worth bothering with a port
                      What are you on about, 2434 is way over 1500 where I'm from. That's in 1920 Resolution too. My score came in at 2449. The Intel lot is just higher.

Comment

How many frames a second are you expecting to be playing it at? Console speeds do you? What are you used to with XI?

Comment

1500 is only what Square themselves consider comfortably playable, not the bare minimum to run.

2400 is a decent score on maximum. I imagine on 720p it'd easily get a score in the 3000's.

Comment

That's right, if only my PC could keep up with those pesky games consoles . FFXI I run at 2048x2048, Max Draw-distance, everything maxed out, and it runs like a dream. Everyone here bar Hic (sorry) should run it fine based on their scores, which are all very similar. 720P score was 3935, I prob won't be running it at 1920 anyway, more like 1680.

Comment

1500 is only what Square themselves consider comfortably playable, not the bare minimum to run.

2400 is a decent score on maximum. I imagine on 720p it'd easily get a score in the 3000's.
                              According to this http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/ 1500 doesn't sound like what I'd call comfortably playable. You could have the game looking like an arse after botched surgery and it still wouldn't play well apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                                That's right, if only my PC could keep up with those pesky games consoles . FFXI I run at 2048x2048, Max Draw-distance, everything maxed out, and it runs like a dream. Everyone here bar Hic (sorry) should run it fine based on their scores, which are all very similar.
                                I don't doubt that, but are you happy to play XIV with reduced settings to achieve the fps you're used to seeing?

Comment

Working...
                                X