No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those times on the 13th seem pretty moot for me at least, seeing as a) can't log in to the beta site at the moment as it's not available until that date, and b) the client will inevitably take ages to download anyway, so no chance of any play.

Comment

You can download the client before you login, you just need the installer. It's available if you search around, in fact there's a link to it on GAF in the online section.

Comment

The installer is ~100MB, but it downloads the entire beta using a bittorrent system. It ain't fun. Scarily, they intend to push all updates in this matter.

Comment

I guess the hope is that with larger player numbers the torrent system will work more effectively. Guess we'll find out in September.

Comment

When I downloaded the patch the other morning it flew (Comparatively speaking), so I assume once the numbers are up it should be fine. Blizzard do it anyway don't they? I think they just supplement them with their own servers.

Hopefully S-E will use partners as well for the patches (Fileplanet etc.), at least then they'll give you some options without sacrificing bandwidth.

Comment

I purchased my system tonight (so I can let this thread get back on topic) LOL.

CAS: Apex Vortex 3620 Black Mid-Tower Gaming Case
              CASUPGRADE: NONE
              CS_FAN: Default Case Fan
              CPU: AMD Phenom(TM) II X2 550 Black Edition Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [-12]
              CD: Sony Optiarc 22X DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (Black Color)
              FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
              FA_HDD: None
              FLASHMEDIA: None
              HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache HDD (Single Hard Drive)
              IEEE_CARD: NONE
              MONITOR: 22" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display (Samsung Lavender SM-P2250 2MS 1920x1080 TRUE HD LCD Wide Monitor [+26])
              MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M4N68T-M NF630A AM3 DDR3/1066 SATA PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
              MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
              NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
              OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium [+78] (64-bit Edition)
              POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies
              SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
              SPEAKERS: Logitech S120 2.0 Stereo Speaker Set [+6] (BLACK COLOR)
              TEMP: NONE
              TVRC: NONE
              USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
              USBHD: NONE
              UPS: None
              VIDEO2: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
              VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5770 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card [+111]
              WNC: NONE
              WAP: NONE
              What do ya guys think?

Comment

Seems fairly decent to me, should last you a while.

Comment

could someone please post the link to the downloader as i cant get registered on the neogaf forums due to having a yahoo email account :/

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                    I purchased my system tonight (so I can let this thread get back on topic) LOL.
                    Oh let me know how the benchmark runs and how much did it come to at the end?

I won't be able to order mine till about the end of the month.

Comment

it was about £660 with free shipping and a 5 percent discount code. I'll be sure to post my results. Feel free to PM me if you want (I was given a lot of help with them thanks to some fellow members here)

Edit: That price was with me buying speakers and a monitor too.
                      Last edited by elaniel; 13-07-2010, 19:16.

Comment

Ok I realise I'm being horribly anal here, but could the section of the forum please be renamed to FFXIV, or it's going to annoy me for the next 8 years

Comment

lol I came to post the exact same thing.

It looks wrong!

Comment

You're not alone.

I'll go prod Charles.

Comment

HUZZAH!

Comment

anyone else having trouble getting this downloaded? keeps timing out or restarting back to the start. nightmare

Comment

Working...
                                X