Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF

Comment

It looks like they are letting people download the installer now (Just had an email) and will become available to get a key at 2AM. I guess it gives people preparation to get the client downloaded and installed. Great time to have that going for UK players!
      Last edited by elaniel; 31-08-2010, 08:12.

Comment

"As long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you choose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site."

As mikewl mentioned a few posts back its worth thinking about names and a World for the Open Beta. Are there any preferences yet from those that have been in the Closed Beta as far as a World (based on existing FFXI Linkshells etc - I think Tsing mentioned something) or is it just a case of making sure all the NTSCuk crew are together.

Comment

shafropuff - something is bottlenecking that system big time.

Which of the 5700 series is the card? You should be getting around 1000 more than that, 1500 if it's a 5770.

Check system in control panel, make sure the CPU is running at full speed, 3.2ghz (the benchmark uses the CPU model name, system uses the bios info) when the benchmark is running.

What's the ram you're using? Is it in matching pairs?

Are you running the latest drivers?

Comment

Are we all going to the same world? Be nice to set my name now and keep it on full release.

Im not fussed were i go.

Downloaded the setup but cant seem to update at the moment. If i leave it running will it just update?
            Last edited by djtickle; 31-08-2010, 11:58.

Comment

We went with Shadowlord on the closed Beta, i'm not sure but Rare may have mentioned something about it being related to the server we were on in FFXI.

I don't mind which we go with.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                Are we all going to the same world?
                I sure hope so ^_^

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                We went with Shadowlord on the closed Beta, i'm not sure but Rare may have mentioned something about it being related to the server we were on in FFXI.

I don't mind which we go with.
                Shadowlord sounds fine unless anyone has a better choice?
                Last edited by talizker; 31-08-2010, 12:07.

Comment

As long as you're all still playing come next March (Stupid PS3 delay), I'm in with whatever is chosen.

Comment

Sweet, shadowlord it is

Comment

The problem with Shadowlord is it's capacity, due to it's XI heritage, everyone will want to be on that one. Even in Beta it's the most overcrowded server.

Are the current Beta lot going to lose their characters again for the next phase?

Comment

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 02:00 (GMT) on Sept. 1, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 02:00 (GMT) on Sept. 1, 2010.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Comment

Hmm I guess thats why the installer update process has been stuck at 0kb/s the last hour.

Comment

I can't tell if they are saying the client software will still work or not, not sure whether to just close it and leave it for the time being.

Comment

If you have a program like uTorrent, you don't need to use the official downloader. In Documents > My Games > FFXIV Beta Version there's a torrent file somewhere, can't remember exactly where off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                                I can't tell if they are saying the client software will still work or not, not sure whether to just close it and leave it for the time being.
                                "With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 02:00 (GMT) on Sept. 1, 2010."

This is a strange statement and the installer is still available for download.

Comment

Working...
                                X