No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But aren't you limited to 8 leves a week or something?

This is such a stupidly complex set of limitations to place on paying customers. Even with that detailed explanation, it's still not entirely clear what the limitations mean in practice. They even add another factor in : It doesn't seem to be a case of 8hours. It seems to be a case of 8 hours OR an xp limit, whichever happens first.

Squeenix are utterly forgetting about the rule of unintended consequences. ALWAYS assume an online community will be insanely demanding.

Limiting the amount of xp and skill won't make the game fairer to casual people at all. It'll make the end game far far more inaccessible.

"You're a healer? do you have <insert damage reducing tank skill here>?"
    "erm no..."
    "we don't want you in our party then!"
    "But I haven't been levelling as a tank, I want to be a healer! If I start levelling as a tank to get that skill, it's going to be 3 months because of the limits xp and skill!"
    "tough, there are loads of healers with that tank skill who have been playing since launch we can choose from!"

Then of course there's the AFK-ing in the cities whilst people sleep so they can reduce their XP

Comment

I'm just about done with my computer but I ran out of money and I only need the graphics card -_-

I ended up gettin' a Phenom II X6 1090T on ebay for ?180 which just arrived now and I just about had enough for 4GB OCZ ram which should be here in a bit.

I guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can get myself the GTX460 but I wanna test it all out but theres no onboard graphics card >_>

Comment

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test begins on Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:00 (GMT)! We hope to see everyone participate!

Comment

So I assume on the 1st the client will be available to download on the site for everyone?
          Last edited by elaniel; 27-08-2010, 14:19.

Comment

New prerelease trailer which looks very nice, allbeit with very little gameplay.

Comment

That mountain location at 1:04 looks amazing, i'm looking forward to seeing the new areas in this.

Comment

I want to download the beta client in preparation of the open beta. However, the download has me at 58 remote connections and only 2 local connections.

Should the local connections be higher?

I know I can't play it at the moment, just wanting to have the client ready before everyone else is fighting to get it once the open beta starts (if it even uses the same client)

Comment

The issue is that it uses a torrent system, and given the closed beta is now over, not many people will have the client open.

I'd be very surprised if the open beta uses the same client anyway.

Comment

Yeah, that would explain why I didn't have many people connected.

I wanted to download the client anyway, just in case. As I've lost nothing if it doesn't use the client.

Comment

Is it really an Open Beta in the sense that anyone can join it? A lot of forums are claiming you will still need an invite to get in

Comment

I get the impression they think open means that you can play at any time.

Comment

Euch, at this stage they should be getting as many people playing as they possibly can.

This could be a trainwreck that makes the EU WAR launch look professional.

Comment

Yeah, if the fatigue system isn't as bad as the rumours like SE claim surely they'd want as many people as possible to experience that to get the word out.

It seems this game really could be a wait and see affair.

****ing hell though, SE really need to start communicating a lot better with their fans and customers. Is it sheer arrogance that leads them to this attitude? I'm not so sure that confidence is even warranted any more as a lot of people have become disillusioned with Final Fantasy after the last 3 games in the series.

Comment

Time to start thinking about your character names, open beta names will be transferrable to the official release.

I guess this also means you need to choose which server to use too.

Comment

I'm not expecting it to be fully open to all, just I did apply for the beta, and registered so I'm hoping (if it is not in fact fully open for all) that I do get in and at least I have the client ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X