Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
    Need some advice as I'm researching at work. How exactly do you tell if your weapons and armors need repairing?

I guess as an archer Carpentry will be my best field. I take it I just buy a saw and can repair my bow?
    There is a part somewhere when looking at your weapon through the inventory which shows how deteriorated it is, to be honest I wouldn't even look into it much right now as even if the early game equipment gets knackered they are cheap to rebuy anyway.

I have no idea yet how to actually repair stuff.

Comment

I'm praying the physical game comes with a nice hefty manual so we can figure all this stuff out! I can't minimize the window as it crashes the game, so it's hard to look things up at the moment while playing.

It seems with breaking weapons and armor, you rely on other players to help if you don't level up all the classes yourself, which in a linkshell would be good to have varied fields I guess when we get up to higher levels.

Comment

RESULT! Now this is more like it ^_^

In Config I changed Buffer Size to "three quarters windows size" then upped Windows Size - 1920x1080, Multisampling - 2xMSAA, Texture Quality - High, Texture Filtering - Highest, and everything in game that I have seen runs great! The drop in quality from reducing the buffer is offset by running at my native monitor resolution (not to mention the hud is way better at this res) and having all the Texturing at Max and Multisampling On.
        Last edited by talizker; 04-09-2010, 17:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
          SE will always have their own seeds going (listed as local connections by the looks of it).
          Well they are useless seeds then. Been stuck trying to get the last 5% of today's update file for the last 5 minutes and have 7 local connections.

I'm firmly of the belief this game is not ready for launch.

Comment

Sweet thats some good news Tal.

As for the update today mine is doing jack all as expected.
            Last edited by mikewl; 04-09-2010, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
              Sweet thats some good news Tal.

As for the update today mine is doing jack all as expected.
              I downloaded today's update with uTorrent as Rep mentioned. Took about a minute.

Comment

Where do you put the file once you download it via uTorrent?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  Where do you put the file once you download it via uTorrent?
                  The dl creates a ffxiv folder that mirrors the one in my games / final fantasy. Just copy it to the same place.

Comment

Can I grab another Pearl later from someone - New character is "Tal Izker" as really wanted to try out Thaumaturge some more.

Comment

Sure, if you don't have one by the time im on i'll get you one.

Comment

I think I'm going through what I did back when Phantasy Star Universe launched and wanting to play instead of coming to work. I can't even get on tonight probably as I have visitors around right after I finish work. Booked some time off for the week after release (can't book the week of, too busy typically)

Hope you guys ain't flying too far ahead! ^.^ I've tried to go into full research mode today as to stop asking so many questions.

Comment

Utorrent doesn't work for me, it says in the tracker that its unauthorised.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                            Utorrent doesn't work for me, it says in the tracker that its unauthorised.
                            That's correct for the SE tracker but it should find it via DHT (make sure that's enabled)

Comment

It just stays on 'Waiting for announcement'

Comment

Downloaded the patch file from Megaupload in the end, ffxivcore are putting up all the patches, took about 1 minute to get it.

SE best not use the patcher as it is for retail or its gonna be a complete botch of a launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X