No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was invited to yesterdays beta test but didn't have it downloaded in time, after a day and a half of downloading, getting 0-4kb/s. Tried the download after the beta had finished and I suddenly was getting 400-500kb/s, im ready to test it Saturday evening.

Comment

Still waiting for my download to finish. No idea what the bloody speed is:

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        Still waiting for my download to finish. No idea what the bloody speed is:
        Mine did that a few times, I think you can restart it and it will resume from where it was.

Had a go on the beta briefly last night, its got a ways to go still from what I saw, will be interesting to see how it changes upto release.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
          Below is the recommened specs from a friend i have on the alpha.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4 GHz) AMD Athlon X2 (2.4 GHz)
          RAM: Windows XP: 1.5GB Windows Vista / Windows 7: 2GB
          HDD: Installing: 10 GB Downloading: 10GB on the drive containing the My Documents folder
          GFX CARD: NVIDIA? GeForce? 8800 or higher VRAM 512 MB Radeon? HD 2900 or higher VRAM 512 MB
          i'm out lol, thanks thought something to aspire to

Comment

Download completed after about 36 hours. I just left my PC running, but the window corrupted so I had no idea how long was left or what speeds I was getting!

Don't suppose anyone has a FFO for dummies guide do they? Can I just create a single character and have access to everything the game offers (With enough time/effort, obviously) through the job system or is it like WoW/CoH (My only reference points) that has classes with unique abilities?

One for FFXI would probably be fine, I'm sure the nuts and bolts of the game will be the same or similar.

Comment

From what I played of XIV before I got bored, other than the character races (which are the same but have been renamed) this game is not like XI at all.

In fact, that is probably why I am having so many difficulties getting engrossed in the alpha. Everything just feels alien and wrong.

The job system is totally different, subjobs don't exist (as yet), combat is dealt with in a different way (no auto-attack).

Comment

I read somewhere that the combat system will be completely different when they finally get to beta, it's just a place-holder system at the moment.

Got a schedule mail earlier. Didn't realise the servers were only available at set times.

Is there any way for NTSC-uk'ers to get in touch in-game in the alpha?

Comment

So I'm going to be giving this a bash tonight hopefully. Anyone else going to be on?

Comment

Bah, still won't let me log in. I guess I'll be waiting for Thursday.

Comment

So I'm going to be giving this a bash tonight hopefully. Anyone else going to be on?
                      I've just been on for a bit, starting to get to grips with it now.

Comment

I've logged in finally, so at least tonight I can spend some time reading up ready to play tomorrow night.

Comment

Looking forward to giving this a try tonight.

In other news, Solid Snake presents a look at the upcoming beta (HD in the link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rp1W...ayer_embedded#!

Comment

That vid definitely makes me want to play. I just hope it is different to FFXI - otherwise what's the point?

Bah. If they carry on like this I'm going to have to buy a PS3.

Comment

Looking forward to giving this a try tonight.

In other news, Solid Snake presents a look at the upcoming beta (HD in the link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rp1W...ayer_embedded#!
                              Nice, thats a vast improvement over the Alpha character creation.

Comment

Another round of testing this week. Hopefully I'll have a little more time to play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X