Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you make it to the first camp in Mor Dhona Wedge?

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
      Did you make it to the first camp in Mor Dhona Wedge?
      Yup, made it there and spent some time exploring, you can get to Gridania forests from there and Coertthas*

I'ts actually quite an open place with few mobs, ones that do agro but are fairly easy to get round so I'll be trying to get to Coertthas when I log back on.

It was nice to finally see a new zone, new music and everything.

Comment

Well that was another false hope after close to 2hrs of gaming it started crashing again, game so ****ing poorly coded for windows7, looking at the tech boards for various ff14 websites quite few others have i5/i7 core's running 4-6gb on Win7 64bit with exactly the same problem. Last option is to get a 64bit version of vista/Xp from somewhere as i believe that the problems are caused by windows 7's directx11 running this ****ty game's directx9 coding.

Other test on the ram and cpu come back clean.

Comment

So strange Tob, my new i5/4Gb/GTX460/Windows7-64 has been rock solid and literally not crashed a single time on the retail XIV.

*(Further thought) Are you able to just run with 4Gb on your system? Might be worth a try?
          Last edited by talizker; 22-10-2010, 16:41.

Comment

Anyone up for a leve session tonight, I got all 9 available, Rare's got Bloodshore, we could do the round trip and rake in some nice gil.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
              Anyone up for a leve session tonight, I got all 9 available, Rare's got Bloodshore, we could do the round trip and rake in some nice gil.
              Sounds good, will join you as soon as I can get on

Comment

The crashes are happening across all platforms, and no one can figure out what's causing them. For example I run an AMD system. It's full of high end components, I built it myself so it's not cheap ****. I can log in move 4 steps and crash, re-login play for 5 minutes crash. This will happen at regular intervals throughout a playing session.

Sometimes however I can login, play for 3 hours and not experience a single crash, it's really strange. It's likely something in the code, which I've been saying since way back when In the beta thread. Very aggravating though.

Comment

For anyone who is using the MotionJoy drivers to play with a Dual Shock 3, they have now been Microsoft certified.

Comment

Main now Conjurer Lv9. Even further behind most of you now Job wise but I think its probably the best move in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
                      Main now Conjurer Lv9. Even further behind most of you now Job wise but I think its probably the best move in the long run.
                      Good thing about this thou is that lvling more than 1 job benifits your main and with only having to be withing 5 lvls of each other makes it easy still to party up. I have 3 jobs I can lvl with you if you want to do any exp

Comment

What's brought about this change of mind?

Have to say, whether it's because PGL is already pretty well-rounded in terms of its abilities to perform the tasks it was designed for, but I've barely felt the need to level other jobs. I did CON to 5 to get Cure (for soloing) but other than that, everything I need seems to natural to the job.

Not that I think more CON are a bad thing (it will probably be the second job I level properly), Moot has also ditched GLA to become a mage, but I'm just curious really. I believe you were the only dedicated THM on the LS.

Comment

Oh, also Moot and myself completed three rank 30 leves at Cedarwood yesterday. We did them all on 1 star difficulty. The first was a little tricky (got swarmed by 6 mobs) but after we recovered from that we cleared with little difficulty (was longer than previous leves). The second was stupidly easy but the final one we cleared with 15 seconds to spare.

The actual battles in this weren’t a lot harder than normal but we had to obtain 5 drops and the droprate was very poor (less than one in two). We probably had to take out 12-13 groups of mobs before we got everything we needed and we still weren’t done after that.

I’ve activated three more for later on.

Comment

I can get some 30 leves too now, we doin a session later 20/30 leves? Been a while since I joined you guys cause of bloody crafting!!

Saving up my faction points for the 200 ones.

Comment

I can try to get on tonight. I'm feeling a bit of ware on this game at the moment, but i Hope it's just because I'm super busy lately that I haven't had a lot of time to play and not because I'm getting bored of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                What's brought about this change of mind?
                                Well, it seems to me at this stage that the THM specific stuff especially enfeebling magic is a bit pants and barely worth the effort in casting. It either doesn't land, sticks for only a few seconds or the mob is dead before any benefit is gained (Dia/Bio/Slow). I had been looking at the CON magic and there seemed to be a whole lot more option both with offense and buffs which would benefit our group play. With Moot & Rep now both CON I guess the sensible thing would be to continue with THM (for Paralyse/Silence etc) and hope that it develops into a more satisfying group contributor as RDM was. I will still level CON at least for Protect/Shell for those times where a CON isn't available.

I would be up for some 20/30 Leves tonight (as THM!).

Comment

Working...
                                X