Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's tempting to upgrade the graphics card, but I've never even installed one in my life. Plus, I'm sure the rest of my system will bottleneck it.

Comment

bah swap my gfx cards around and the servers down.. typical, whens it due back up?

Comment

About 20 minutes

Comment

I got large amounts of screen tearing with the opening movie too.

Comment

I take it everyone has come into the thread waiting to get on? Anyone up for doing some guild leves in Limsa Lominsa area? I have some and ready to log on when the servers come back up.

Then I'll be up for doing any other people have, or just smacking some mobs.

Comment

I would but I've got a rather large Job Application to finish which I want done for morning

Comment

Had a really fun EXP / Exploring session last night with Tonc and El. Found 2 human/beastmen mob types that i've not seen before, a Fallen Hero (which was a human looking and in full armour) and a bunch of (what I think were called but definitely looked like Qiqirn from XI). Especially interesting looking was the underground sewer like zone that looks like it will be great for EXPing around Level 20.

I seriously need to look at even some basic armour/clothing/ring updates and don't appear to be able to craft anything useful yet. Before I go searching does anyone craft anything I may be interested in yet that I can buy/trade?
                Last edited by talizker; 01-10-2010, 07:28.

Comment

I can synthesise you Bone Rings (Mag. Accuracy+2). Pretty straightforward I think. Just need a single bone chip per ring.

I'm also looking into new body pieces but something usually puts a block on each one I look at (buckles, a leather accessory etc.)

Also i seem to have a bit of a problem. Last night I noticed that the game had started tearing again. Odd as I thought Forced Vsync was switched on. Log out and find that I cannot load the NVIDIA Control Panel (which is obviously why none of the settings in it apply any more).

This did actually happen last week when I tried to install the Guardian of Light demo on Steam but a System Restore fixed it. Problem now is that looking at System Restore it appears that some Windows Update install on Wednesday has affected the NCP. Unfortunately I don't know which of the 4 updates on that day is affecting it and doing a System Restore prior to that point just leads to Windows Update installing them again automatically (although before it does the Control Panel works fine).

Frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post

I seriously need to look at even some basic armour/clothing/ring updates and don't appear to be able to craft anything useful yet. Before I go searching does anyone craft anything I may be interested in yet that I can buy/trade?
                    I can make Lauan and Willow masks

Also, it seems the crafting was fixed in last nights update.
                    Last edited by elaniel; 01-10-2010, 09:05.

Comment

Seems I can also make the rank 6 THM weapon (Copper Sceptor) although not sure how to get one of the ingredients (Marbled Eye).

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        Seems I can also make the rank 6 THM weapon (Copper Sceptor) although not sure how to get one of the ingredients (Marbled Eye).
                        Level 15 Goldsmithing according to ffxiv.yg ><

Comment

What the hell was In that update last night, I'm hitting 100% failure rate on different synths, with guild support.

Comment

@elaniel - Could you sort me out a Willow Mask please? Doah, THM can't use the Willow Mask ><

@C' - Looks like I should be able to make Bone Rings so will give it a try (and let you know if I can't!). I will need to see if there is an alternative source for Marbled Eye...
                            Last edited by talizker; 01-10-2010, 13:16.

Comment

Ask the Devs feature on synthesis.

Q. I haven't been having much success crafting items. What am I doing wrong?
                              A. The colored, glowing graphics provides players with a large hint toward a successful synthesis. When the glow is white, the synthesis is at its most stable, and the chances of success are high. When the glow takes on a color, however, the chances of success are low. Players seeking simple completion of their synthesis rather than high-quality results should attempt to use the Wait command when the indicator is colored to restore the stability of the synthesis before finishing it.
                              I never subscribed to the theory of the colours matched which action you should perform as it would have made synthing far too easy. Glad I didn't put too much faith into that notion. As above, the colours represent the likelihood of the next action being successful.

Comment

I've been using "wait" for days and all It did was reduce durability each time without altering the colour and sparks coming off the orb. It's far more likely the coding machine isn't finished yet and failure/success is based on nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X