Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like we have about 7 people that would be interested, will probably be starting not this weekend but the weekend after to give people a chance to get to level 15. If anyone else wants to join and we end up with more than 8 we can split up into 2 groups and have a better chance of linking the same quests.

What do people plan on levelling? I want to level something we could need

Comment

Just reading through this thread on the lodestone:
      http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/20575-Famitsu-Eorzea-Tsushin-Summer-2011-Vol-1-%28Cleaned-up-thread%29

It seems that the dev team are planning on making Grand Companies a MAJOR part of the game in future (see the end notes). I don't even know how to get involved what level I need to be to join a Grand Company etc.

Do we all need to be in the same company? What company have the LS gone for so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Moot View Post
        I'm mainly going for Conjurer but also doing Pugilist when I want a different play style.
        Main synthesis classes are culinarian, armorer and blacksmith.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
          Just reading through this thread on the lodestone:
          http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/20575-Famitsu-Eorzea-Tsushin-Summer-2011-Vol-1-%28Cleaned-up-thread%29

It seems that the dev team are planning on making Grand Companies a MAJOR part of the game in future (see the end notes). I don't even know how to get involved what level I need to be to join a Grand Company etc.

Do we all need to be in the same company? What company have the LS gone for so far?
          Grand company quests start at R25, a few easy quests and then its Toto Rak Dungeon Raid, then later on its R45 Raid, so we won't need much levelling before we can mix these into things.

Right now i'm doing each countrys company quests, not sure if it will restrict you to just one at some point but right now you can do all of them, which is some nice extra xp plus you can use credits gained from doing them to buy various things.

Comment

Originally posted by Moot View Post
            It looks like we have about 7 people that would be interested, will probably be starting not this weekend but the weekend after to give people a chance to get to level 15. If anyone else wants to join and we end up with more than 8 we can split up into 2 groups and have a better chance of linking the same quests.

I was going to go Thm but i'm on most evenings so i'll change to something else if we end up with too many mages, wont take me long to get R15.

Comment

Was going to stick with THM but looking at what others have said I might have a look at a DoW class which will change things up from my XI days... Will confirm ASAP!

Comment

I too have started all three of the Grand Company quests. Finished Limsa Lominsa and Gridania and just need to run The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak once more for Ul'dah and all three are finished. There are no restrictions as yet on having to align to a specific one.

I could be wrong but I think you can actually commence the Grand Company quests at R20 but you need to be R25 to actually enter the first dungeon.

Comment

Sorry been away on Holiday, my biggest issue with this was the battle system. Sitting mashing buttons repreatedly isn't my idea of fun, have they added an auto attack as yet and sorted the UI?

The UI being server end was making the game basically unplayable, I guess they did it to avoid a nother windower being created but it was a dumb plan. I'm going to reinstall today and might get a chance to get on next week, manic busy here with work and then away almost every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                    The UI being server end was making the game basically unplayable, I guess they did it to avoid a nother windower being created but it was a dumb plan. I'm going to reinstall today and might get a chance to get on next week, manic busy here with work and then away almost every weekend.
                    Just what is their issue with windowers? It seems a bit pathetic really.

I have to say... WoW having a Windowed mode really killed that game off!

Comment

Battle system now has Auto Attack, with cooldown timers on actions, its a bit more like FFXI now but battles are still higher paced.

As for the UI, well I think its improved but its still server side I think, I don't really notice it that much.

Also the game can be run in windowed mode from the official config settings.

Comment

Hopefully people are still up for Moot's regular party sessions, I've levelled Gladiator and Lancer to R15 each and also have Thm at R15, so whatever people decide to go with i'll choose whatever we need most.

Comment

I've not been on lately but I definitely still want to get it going, are people still up for starting next monday? hopefully around 9 o'clock

Comment

I'll hopefully manage r15 with my thm by then, think it's about 8 atm.

Comment

Just wondering if people are still interested in this, I know a couple of people have dropped out and just want to know how many people we're gonna have, if it's less than 6 people then I'm not really interested in getting it going.

Comment

I'll still join, not seen anyone on it in awhile though.

Comment

Working...
                                X