Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckon SE would be better served making this F2P with microtransactions or just letting it die off. The PS3 open beta has just been officially moved to late 2012 and I can't see the Playstation crowd being at all arsed about it by then. Chances are if it had been ready for march of this year and the game wasn't in such a dire situation then things would be quite different

Comment

I had one last look around before cancelling, saw only 1 PC moving around for the hour i was messing around with town quests... and 4 to 5 PC afk. With all this wasted money they could have done this cataclysm thing to ffxi, such a waste.

See you for the Ver 2 to see if SE will learn from past mistakes.

Comment

As someone who's played more than 34 seconds after logging in, there's plenty of current content to justify the fee. I actually have too much to do when playing now. This "Version 2" has been developed side-by-side with the current FFXIV, so the last 12months have been the testing period, rather than the next 12. They were bound to start charging at some point, at least when they announced it, it was along with a 12 month future plan.

As for the new engine, the game has been crying out since day one, it's one of the single worst optimized games I've ever played.

The PS3 launch is bound to be more successful, despite how the PC went, It's always been the premier platform for XI. It's hard not to get excited with pictures like this though

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          The PS3 open beta has just been officially moved to late 2012
          lolSE.

Comment

Indeed. See what happens when you rush a product to market? It never made much sense to me for them to do that in the first place. What was it going up against? Cataclysm? A FRIGGIN' EXPANSION PACK?

The PS3 version should have been the focus from day one as well, even if the game still called for the fee suspension they would have still earned more from game sales most likely!

Now the brand and the company have ultimately suffered a pretty big knockback - will they learn from such a gross lapse of Judgment, who knows! My money's on no, sadly.

Comment

To be fair to SE though, they've put alot of effort into rebuilding, and making things right. They admitted they ****ed up and have been taking on board feedback from players. Aside from that we got almost a year for free, fairly sure no one was more aware of the issues than they were. Just take a look at the concept stuff, it's going to be mega, full credit to them for trying to turn this game around.

By the PS3 launch most people will have forgotten the first 12months anyway. They're clearly confident about the new product if they're going to start charging.

It's all a bit unclear though, when do PC players get V.2?
              Last edited by Rep; 17-10-2011, 12:19.

Comment

The pictures are pretty but the population makes an MMO and FFXIV simply doesn't really have one, the game engine is still bust as you can tell from them writing a new one. I'll come have a look at 2.0 if it draws any interest.

Comment

I don't know I'm still enjoying this game, got R50 Archer the other day and am now working on end game gear, dropped nearly all my gil on one item so its gonna take me awhile to get fully kitted out, been doing NM/Coffer runs in Beastmen Strongholds, doing dunegon runs when I can and still have to try Ifrit and a bunch of other stuff, it helps I'm in an active LS though as often theres something going on.

Comment

Could use a hand finishing Imperial Devices (Limsa) this evening, can't enter the Maw solo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      Just read the design docs'....

they must be flipping mad to start charging for this game a full year before "Ver 2.0", im cancaling right now to make sure im not charged for this half baked turd, i was holding out for the job changes around .20 or .21 but to charge before the major gameplay stuff comes in(after auto attack) is madness. If they had any sense it should just be freeplay and use micro transactions as SE will never get a another FF11(at its peak) again.

I like what im reading for Ver 2.0 but im not paying at least ?120 for the right to be a beta tester and get a moogle warp stick with bells on it at the end. Plus its unlikly to be the same game at all if the engine is changing for ver 2 (how will a ps3 cope with the better looking ver2 if it can't handle the current?).

haha i only reactived my account last week. Back to cancelling it. Not paying for this yet, ill wait and see what V2 ends up like. Might be a PS3 purchase for me thou, no way am I upgrading my PC again for this.

Just been reading up about this V2 stuff.... and for me I just dont get it. Sure making the a new engine isnt a bad thing but it wasnt that why I left the game. It was just repeat repeat boring boring....

Sure there might be new content now, and some of the new battles look awesome. But its just put me off.

With SE planning on pumping out new content for 11 also, why would any active 11 players now change?

SE really need to sort out what they are doing. If they want 11 people to migrate, stop making content for 11. Makes you laugh when they are hiring for 11 as we speak, hire for 14!!!!
                      Last edited by djtickle; 19-10-2011, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                        Could use a hand finishing Imperial Devices (Limsa) this evening, can't enter the Maw solo.
                        I can help out on this, I'll be on for awhile this evening.

Moot if you fancy catching up abit i'd recommend you and Repp team up for the pre reqs for Ifrit company quests, R25 Ifrit requires killing 6 NM's for access and I don't think you'll be able to solo them, Rare should be fine soloing them all.
                        Last edited by mikewl; 19-10-2011, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post

Sure there might be new content now, and some of the new battles look awesome. But its just put me off.

With SE planning on pumping out new content for 11 also, why would any active 11 players now change?

SE really need to sort out what they are doing. If they want 11 people to migrate, stop making content for 11. Makes you laugh when they are hiring for 11 as we speak, hire for 14!!!!
                          They have most of SE working on what is two versions of 14 at the same time, at least you can say they're putting in some real effort this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                            They have most of SE working on what is two versions of 14 at the same time, at least you can say they're putting in some real effort this time.
                            haha ya, i poped on this last night before i cancelled my account and had a natter with wedge. It does seem much improved, i was even on my laptop which used to be abit laggy and didnt notice any lag at all. Not sure if that was just because of the lack of player base though, but will give it the benefit of the doubt!

My main problem with this now is that I cant see me moving from 11, until they stop providing content. Its catch 22, finish 11's content and be behind on 14 or sack 11 and get ahead on 14.

Comment

I don't know where you lot keep getting this idea that there's no player base, cities are heaving, you can't go 10 seconds without passing someone on a chocobo in the field, and camps are usually full of people doing something. Ul'dah is usually where most things are happening.

Finally a good DoM piece drops from a boss, It's given to me, awesome. I put it on; ***** pink!

Last edited by Rep; 20-10-2011, 09:52.

Comment

Guess it was just limsa then, I was stood in the market section for 30mins talkin to Wedge, must have seen 10 people.

Comment

Working...
                                X