Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a quick log on after patch 1.20 hit last night, noticed Archer now has a spell similar to Chocobo Mazurka to increase PT run speed for a couple of minutes, its nice for getting round towns quicker.

Achivements look good too, will add some goals to the game, anyone going to be doing the xmas event this year, its only on for about two weeks this time?

Looking at the patch notes its a good thing I didn't go ahead and set my attribute points last night, cannot be changed through patch 1.20 and it seems STR is now redundent for Archer, and now need mostly Dex and Piety.
    Last edited by mikewl; 16-12-2011, 10:31.

Comment

I thought stats were already pre-defined now based on class/level and whatever we had set previously would be ignored?

Comment

Stat allocation is back now with the ability to set them how you want for each different job, I logged on and had about 45 points available to allocate on Archer.

I'm not sure if its still partly pre-defined or not will have a more in depth look at it this evening.
        Last edited by mikewl; 16-12-2011, 13:09.

Comment

Spent some time checking out the updates, some neat stuff.

Party searching is now very effficient, can flag up for a party, specify the job and leave a note of what you want to do.

Achivements are ok, though to get rewards you have to do a huge amount.

Moogle NM pre-req quest is a tough one, but quite good, requires some unique strategies.

Xmas quest is short but you do get a nice new emote from doing it.

Some other improvements here and there which are good.

Comment

Servers are being merged after billing starts, once they get a read on server populations, they plan to merge so that each server has 1500-2000 players online the majority of the time.

Not sure what to make of it as server merge usually = game is on its way out, though they will probably up the servers again for V2.0 so this game would be a slightly different case, I guess it will be good to have a boost to population.

The highest populated servers will remain while the lowest will be given the option of which server to join, I wonder if Istory will stay or go.

Comment

Kind of pointless if you have a chocobo already but nevertheless its a nice extra.

Comment

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...a419f3e1963950

Server merge takes place from March 1st to March 19th during this period you can choose which server you wish to move to, if the deadline comes and you've not chosen a new server you will be automatically assigned a new one.

I know most didn't get too far on this but a few of you did do quite a bit, Rare, Repp and Moot and it would be nice to all still be on the same server especially for V2.0.

It kind of sucks the way they did this, as alot of people are waiting for 2.0 to start up again and selecting a new server will probably require a months payment.

Comment

Yeah, quite ridiculous that it can't just prompt you to select a new server on next login. Some things never change.

Comment

I will make sure I resub to change server in March but it's stupid that we have to.

Still, I resubbed to XI for a month in December just to register a promo code for an in game furnishing so I should be used to it.

Comment

I should be relatively ok, provided deleting my existing character frees the name up again (never got very far with my brief time spent with the game).

Only worry is, I can't remember whether or not bonus items are good for all characters created under one account or just one - I fear it's the latter and would end up losing my hermes sandals

Comment

Is FFXIV worth it? I am thinking of installing bootcamp to play it but I am not sure if it is on the right track. Also how viable is soloing in this?

I have read that a lot of improvements have been made but people are waiting for the server merge. I can't decide whether to buy SSX and be happy with that or get stuck into an MMO with my spare time. Is this the same case as FFXI where you had to put in a certain amount of time each week?

Comment

I probably wouldn't bother until V2.0 is released later this year tbh. Looking like that may be December though.

Comment

Cool thought that might be the case. At least it is getting sorted at all and hopefully with the PS3 release some new life will be brought to the game. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Its improving with each patch but I'd say if your new its still best to wait for 2.0. I still play it quite a bit and I'm looking forward to the next patch which introduces a number of new jobs, dungeons and such but in all honesty there is probably going to be balancing issues to be sorted, also right now there is a real lack of location variation.

Starting out at this point too would also mean a mostly solo journey through the levels as most people in game have lvl 50 jobs already, when 2.0. launches there should be more low level players about.

The market wards too right now are a problem, I try and do crafting but only as a means to make money and right now I have an assortment of weapons, tools I'm trying to sell, about 50 or so and I manage to sell maybe 3-5 per week so its very slow going at the moment.

Comment

Thanks, 2.0 is definitely the way to go then, even if just for the low population as think I would like to experience some earlier game stuff with other people.

Comment

Working...
                                X