Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark Angel01!!! I hope i can change that if i ever log back in that sux!

Is there problems with people doing content then? With you saying doing it before Garuda comes out?

Comment

All the recipes were changed around 1.18 and made 100 times simpler, the level of the recipe was also brought in line with the level of the item. Anything before 1.18 has a dated tag before it. You can still make the stuff "Dated Tarred Voyager Belts" are still massive sellers, due to the spiritbond result.

For example, a level 28 Velveteen Wedge Cap has a dated recipe cap of 40, while the post 1.18 version of the recipe is a cap of 28.

As for Ark Angel, there's already one running about that I assume came from Mysidia during the merge, so you're abit stuffed there.
      Last edited by Rep; 16-05-2012, 07:47.

Comment

Is it still possible to gather HQ materials with the DoL jobs? Tried mining this morning to get some HQ copper ore and didn't see a single +1/+3 anything. Just all standard mats.

Comment

Hopefully it will be like FFXI when you log in for the 1st time after a transfer or merge you have the chance to rename if your a dupe. Not that I have any plans to log back in

Comment

Especially not now that Diablo is calling...

Comment

I dont know whether to rejoin or not for a bit purely for locking in to the reduced fee. I got an email about it but I didn't think I was eligible. Hmm....

Comment

For DoL jobs, you can manipulate it to receive the item you want, it's not based on any kind of random number generator. http://mooglebox.com/gathering/index.php HQ are +1 only for everything now, they did away with +2/3. The stat for getting HQ is perception I think, what you want to do when leveling up is use that guide, and stack as much Output as possible, Output governs the amount of swings you can do at a node.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Especially not now that Diablo is calling...
                  Indeed, im trying to get myself off the MMO crack. 11 will die out at some point, and Diablo seems like something you can pickup and play w/e you want.

Comment

Its been quite a nice weekend on XIV, helping out Rare and Kerushi has reinvigorated me somewhat on the game as I was getting to that point where logging in was primarily leaving me with the option of crafting or gathering and not much else, so its been nice to go back through some old content again.

Also did about 6 Ifrit wins last night as Thm and whoa is it so much easier, using the same positioning as I would on Brd except not being locked in animation anywhere near as much making a huge difference. Only thing that annoyed me was dieing on the last run at the end along with 3 Blm's and the timer kicking me out before getting the chest.

Kerushi I think maybe you have some unfinished GC quests which need clearing before the Ifrit one will appear, once your ready I'll help on that and we can get you guys the prereqs done for Ifrit (Hard) Moogle and Garuga, once these are done I can probably get you in some of these battles quite a bit with some of my other LS's, as well as sorting job quests etc, quite a bit of stuff to do.

Also new Letter is up on Lodestone.

I'll be on tonight about 5.30-6pm but only for a few hours tonight.
                    Last edited by mikewl; 28-05-2012, 14:54.

Comment

Read the new letter and this is the thing that continually pisses me off about this whole "VERSION 2.0!!!" thing.

But for now, I’d suggest completing as much of the current content as you can, because the Seven Umbral Era-related Grand Company quests we have now won’t be available for much longer!
                      Why can't they just tell us exactly what content will be lost when the changes occur instead of these vague allusions to removed content? That way I know exactly what I should be trying to do (not that you see any shouts for most of this content anyway). IIRC, the primal battles were related to Grand Companies. Does this mean if I don't get every Ifrit/Garuda/Moogle weapon before 2.0 hits I won't be able to ever get them in the future?

Comment

Agreed there, it is way too vague.

I'm thinking most likely the main things will be Grand Company quests which are at all related to Dalamud* there are some with cutscenes with Darnus and Cid and I'd imagine those are the ones which will be gone as they are specifically about the event and once 2.0 comes about they wont fit at all.

Comment

Do you need higher GC ranks for these quests/cutscenes as when I handed in the one we completed the other day, I got no more offered to me.

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest, though I don't think I was ranked up much at the time, maybe once or twice.

One of the Immortal Flames quests was 'Like Father Like Son' and the Twin Adders was 'Two Vans are better than one' I'm not sure what the other one was but there will be one.

Edit just looked up and there are a bunch of things that have the Ifrit 25 quest as a prerequisite, so doing that should open them up.

Its worth watching the other GC quests for these on youtube as the Grid one is quite good.

I'll be on about 5.30pm but going out soon after 7pm, can help you on it during that window if your on.
                            Last edited by mikewl; 30-05-2012, 14:59.

Comment

Resting, levelling and solo chaining makes levelling very quick. lower levels breaze by and higher levels are usually obtainable through quite smoothly.

Comment

Some high rez screens of 2.0 here http://www.ffandmore.com/

Have to say it looks quite different.

Comment

Working...
                                X