Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read through all the responses (this forum has been filtered at work for a couple of years now so would have replied sooner) but the replies have been much more positive than I was expecting. Some interesting discussions all round.

THe point of my initial post wasn't to single any people out (I purposely avoided mentioning any names) in part because I know I'm not flawless either. WHM is probably the most important job I've leveled so far and I'm adequate at best and made my own mistakes last night which didn't help.

Just to reply to some points raised that I'd like to pick up on.

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    Gear could be the cause of it, I know I can get much better gear for my jobs but being that I am months behind im trying to catch up with crafts and lvl'ing other jobs which has a impact on this. I guess 2.0 will do me a favor in that way as game play mechanics might be different and everyone will be learning how to play again.
    This is something that I've noticed with the newbies (not n00bs) coming through and does frustrate me a little. Especially with crafting tbh. The seeming desire that once a class is at 50 it's time to qiuickly get onto the next one for "another 50 w00t!" Crafting in XIV isn't like XI where once it's skilled up you're worshipping to the gods to hope for HQ (materia melding yes, but not HQs). Gear and stats all play an important role in how good a crafter you are and how useful your craft(s) are to the linkshell as a whole. The general rule is aim for Craftmanship 120 Magic Craftmanship 120 and Control as high as possible after that. Synthing with low level tools as a 40+ crafter just means you will struggle to even complete high level items with Standard Synthesis and forget about regularly HQing items.

I've been playing 5 months now and still only have 2 level 50 Disciples of the Hand. W're not judging you for only having a small number of classes leveled, but we may judge you when we hand over hundreds of thousands of gil's worth of HQ materials and find you regularly botch/fail to HQ the synthesis due to poor equip/lack of understanding of how best to go for HQ synthesis.

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    Myself I openly admit I am going to be no way near as skilled at this game as people that have stuck with it from the start. If this is stopping the LS moving forward I say again move forward without me I am fine with this as would be Weep/Crim. We are new when we came back none of us even expected to get half as much done as we have. The shock I had when I walked even into the Ifrit Battle (easy) was awesome.
    This isn't what I intended when I made the post. I do get the impression that you especially are interested in learning these things and getting better, but sometimes I feel you try to jump ahead too much at once. That is how things like the use of Presence of Mind gets missed. I'd love the linkshell to be at a stage come the launch of 2.0 that we're ready to be getting at the new content right away. Being the first to try things our own way, not waiting weeks to have the best method worked out for us. But for this to happen we need confidence in each other that we know how to play the jobs we have well. If we get into a situation where we look at events and decide "well we could do this event if persons A, B and C go as jobs X, Y and Z but that means Rare has to go as WHM and he sucks at that so we can't do it", then we won't achieve anything That is why I want the new players we have to learn this stuff.

Originally posted by apathy87 View Post
    But take the time to improve and understand the jobs you have at 50, take an hour out, rather than levelling that next job/craft and learn, so that in the short time we have left, in what is a great game currently imo, we can have some fun with the current content.
    Exactly. Top comment. Give me a 'Like ^.^b' button.

Comment

Oh yeah with crafting I openly admit ive used crappy tools to level up, but I do replace them once I hit 50. Would just be stupid to try and do a craft at lvl 50 with a crappy tool.

Speaking of crafting gear it leads me to my next question....

Apart from having the best tool you can get and the heads that come with each craft what else is good gear wise to hit these 120 ish marks?

Im looking at getting a Dodore Doublet? Seems nice for all jobs it can use for crafting.
      Last edited by djtickle; 17-10-2012, 08:38.

Comment

At level 50 its worth looking up what stat affects your Quality on synths, for Arm and Crp its Vitality, so I've melded some Vit to my stuff, got a +1 Vit bracelet and use 1 +1 Vit ring to help improve quality for HQ's. you can meld control or something to the tool too.

Comment

Frankly I'm amazed you even hit BSM 50 in such a short space of time, using a level 12 Dated Hammer. The Irony being BSM can make it's own tools.

Comment

Ah my grasshopper but the answer is easy! I don't do any "hard" crafts. Just for example at level 10 I would do a level 11 craft pretty much all the way up to 18-20 so that I get more craft count towards the cheeves. So as the craft is easy the quality of the gear/tool doesnt really matter. Max exp / HQ isnt really what I am after. Plus this way I can SB stuff too without being in a SB party.

My BSM now has the level 48 tool and I have put together a list of gear to pickup tonight so its good to go. Same with my CUL and ALC.

Comment

Fook that ****, your going to fry your brain doing that. 5+ levels above a crafts level will get you what 200-250 exp a go? That's 8000 synths to get from 48-50... Forget about it being worth it for SB, it's not, you can do 10 pieces for each slot in few hours via a wolf party. What you want to do is synth crafts 6-10 levels above your level. Then your turning that 8000 synths into 200, easily getting 1000 exp+ for each, in a fraction of the time.
              Last edited by apathy87; 17-10-2012, 14:13.

Comment

Fook that ****, your going to fry your brain doing that. 5+ levels above a crafts level will get you what 200-250 exp a go? That's 8000 synths to get from 48-50... Forget about it being worth it for SB, it's not, you can do 10 pieces for each slot in few hours via a wolf party. What you want to do is synth crafts 6-10 levels above your level. Then your turning that 8000 synths into 200, easily getting 1000 exp+ for each, in a fraction of the time.
                This. Give this man a cookie for working out some numbers. It's your complete lack of understanding on how the crafting system works, that makes you stand out like a sore thumb when you deny botting. There's just no way you could have done THREE 50 DoH, and FSH50 using this method, in the time you've been back. That's more than any of us who have been doing this stuff properly, since March. Deny it all you like, but it's painfully obvious to everyone.

Comment

Fook that ****, your going to fry your brain doing that. 5+ levels above a crafts level will get you what 200-250 exp a go?
                  Na its still around 500 when its 5 levels.

Ah rep rep rep, wrong wrong wrong.

Yes i use low crafts so that I do more as I would like the lumiary tool for these classes as some point. Add the 5 cheeves together and its 2600 crafts. For BSM im prob only just over 50% of the way though this. Factor in leves for when I was doing 40-50, Exp from missions I dump on these classes and hello level 50.

I didnt think I had to give exact facts on how I was doing things, next time ill make sure I do so you dont have to be sticking your sore thumb in places you shouldn't be.

On another note cant we all just play the game for fun and all get along? Digs every other day are getting boring now. If I wanted to be trying to justify my actions and talking down to people by saying "It's your complete lack of understanding on how the crafting system works" id go stand in a school playground.
                  Last edited by djtickle; 17-10-2012, 20:54.

Comment

This thread.

Since I guess I wasn't clear enough, allow me to expand a little. You can synth how you like, you don't have to explain methods to anyway, I know how many you need for Luminary, I'm still only 51% into V on WVR, and we didn't get 40+ leves back when I did that. Botting annoys the **** out of me, I mean really, really annoys me. ALC 100 in XI took me years, WVR50 XIV pre 1.19 (I think that was the patch) wasn't pleasant either, the bots farming Fleece made it even less fun. You have no idea how truly ridiculous synthing thousands, upon thousands of recipes actually sounds. To level in the time frame you'd need to hitting these kinds of numbers;

Which you're not, not even close. There's also a Fatigue system in place for Discipline of the Land jobs (It was only removed for War, Magic and Hand). So to level FSH as fast as you did on 2 characters, just wasn't feasible for anyone. As for synthing low grade recipies, well sure but there's a point you'd be getting so little EXP, you'd near enough be getting zero, and a low grade tool on 40+, I'd be suprised if you're getting any success rate at all. There's a deficit of around 60-80 Craftsmanship and Control. I've done enough Hamlet doing 50 recipes on a level 10 tool to know it would drive anyone mad.

Speaking of Hamlet, I was on Airport duty last night, so was up throughout most of the morning. During my Stream (Hamlet 2), I noticed a few funny things. You started off at around level 36 ARM during my first Hamlet, the quality on the first stream is so low you can't make it out though. As of right now you're level 41. The Stream clearly shows every 15 minutes your rapid EXP rate, including a rise in levels, surely I couldn't have been the only one awake? I also mess about with your Fishing bot later in the video too (52 minutes).

Hamlet 2 - http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1...videos/4979377

I don't like bots, cheats and liars, I'm actually trying to have fun and get along, it's just people make it difficult (Fleece farming again)

Last edited by Rep; 18-10-2012, 11:45.

Comment

It's not this thread its simply you. Everybody else posts information that might help people out yet here you are again back in the school playground but this time with video!

I never craft for under 400 exp a go if I am leveling up. But surly that's up to me if I do 400exp or 4k?

How is anything I do or when I do it anything to do with you at all? The thread was talking about how we can improve at Skirmish and crafting yet here you are again on your high horse about botting.

I'm not sure whats sadder that fact you were up till 5am refreshing my page and recording it or the fact you were playing until 5am.

If you don't like how I play the game then don't have anything to do with me, its obvious we play the game for different reasons and you take it much more serious than I do.

If you where trying to have fun and get along then digs, and now videos wouldn't be here in this thread. Its not difficult at all when I am not involving you in anything your are involving yourself.

At first this was a good bit of banter that passed 5mins of the day at work but now its just sad and i'm far to old to even be bothered with it anymore. Feel free to post again in here but I wont be posting in here again.

Moving on...

I'll remove myself from the LS later, thanks for all the help people have given me and if you need anything just let me know.

Comment

Well I needed to leave to pickup from John Lennon at 6, and the video was an attempt to explain a 60k Hamlet run (although the run in the 2nd video wasn't that good). I joined Kupo anyway, so don't worry about removing the pearl. Playing until 5AM? Irony much Anyway nuff said, maybe I did push It a bit far so I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

So apparently those Enmity belts we've all been using are trash. 1 Enmity = 0.01% You'd need 100 Enmity to hit a 1% difference D= For BLM at least MP is better, since your refresh tic rate is based on maximum MP.

Comment

Hype!

Last edited by Rep; 24-10-2012, 11:34.

Comment

Looks good, I guess Alpha could be starting any day now.

Comment

Current log in screen:

Got Banes of the Tribes achievement last night. I'm pretty much resigned now to the fact I probably won't get the dungeon achievements for Cutter's Cry and Aurm Vale but it would be nice if we could get a Garuda kill before the last server save.
                                Last edited by C'; 25-10-2012, 06:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X