Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for all the help yesterday chaps, was not expecting half of it at all!!

Going to work on the missions this week at some point and hopfully gear up a little bit better. Hopefully then can try out some moogle and ifrit!

Comment

I think the last few events (Garuda, AF fights, Moogle NMs, Darkhold) have been an important wake up call to our newest members.

Before that all the stuff you were doing was pathetically easy whereas I think these recent events have shown you that things get a lot harder and the events you have still yet to try will be harder still. It's actually one of the reasons why I didn't recommend doing Moogle last night. You're going to need to do a few runs to even get close to winning in my opinion and just doing one run would have been pretty pointless.

Comment

Yeah it really does have a difficulty spike!

So any plans for tonight? Moogle? Ifrit?

Comment

All of the content can fall into one of three categories, Ifrit/Moogle/Cutter's Cry/Aurum Vale/Hamlet/Grand Company(Medium) Relic/Garuda/Cutter's & Aurum Vale 5 chest (Difficult) everything else (Cake).

Huzzah!

Comment

Current Dalamud is just...

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              Current Dalamud is just...

Comment

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...6626a76dbb8605

Balance has been altered, in 6 checks of the stone I recieved, Anima, Anima, Anima, 5 Crystals, Quick, Gravity.

Apparently the cluster has been removed, unless it's your first kill. Got about 14 crystals on last run though.
                Last edited by Rep; 14-09-2012, 13:25.

Comment

I have just seen the changes for ARR, looks like they will fix the game after all!

Probably pick this up on the PS3 and hope for good keyboard support. Limit breaks are a great addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishimori View Post
                    I have just seen the changes for ARR, looks like they will fix the game after all!
                    Not having a go but this "broken game" attitude is so out of date now It's beginning to irate me. Current Dalamud 1.0 is incredible.

Comment

New version looks to have some really good ideas but I don't like the way they have changed the characters and control, its standard western MMO controls now and it makes me wonder will the PC version even support control pads, the tempo of battle seems way too fast as well, I don't know but I was hoping they would keep what was good from the current version, not make it worse just to fix animation lock.

Also current version is just borked at the moment, everyone is trading seals in for dew drops, 40k of seals spent on dew drops npc's for about 4 million gil.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                        Not having a go but this "broken game" attitude is so out of date now It's beginning to irate me. Current Dalamud 1.0 is incredible.
                        It did come off as that a bit. I don't think the whole game is broken just certain parts of it and it seems like they are addressing most of the issues. It is still a good game I think these changes will make it into a great game!

I think the main improvement probably for many is the new engine and its scalability, looking at the new requirements for the alpha it should hopefully get the game a fair few more players!

Does anyone know when 2.0 is released if you will be able to change your race?

Comment

Is it true that we will only carry 10% of our gil over to 2.0?

EDIT - Yes it's true. WTF?!

One of the reasons I'm enjoying XIV is that gil isn't a problem. I know that if need it, I have it there and I'm willing to spend 500k - 1m gil at a time to "waste" on a double meld attempt because I know I have the gil available to me.

Compare to XI where it was a constant battle for me to make gil (farming pretty much non-stop) if I needed new equipment resulted in a game where I was actually kind of miserable a lot of the time.

As it gets closer, and more revelations are being made, I'm starting to worry about 2.0 now. I don't think I'm going to enjoy it.

In other words, all the hard work you've put into saving up gil won't be lost. Even though the gil you possess will become 1/10th what it currently is, we're adjusting NPC sale/buy prices to also become 1/10th what they are now, so relatively nothing will change. However, we do apologize that this may be a shock emotionally.
                          Apparent translation of what he said. But in bold is blatantly not correct as who buys from NPCs anyway? Is a pair of Felt Bracers+1 in the market wards magically going to drop from 400k to 40k? I feel like I (and others who have worked hard for what we have be it through gathering, crafting etc basically anyone except this past week's Atomos spammers) being punished for being prudent and making an effort to save my gil for 2.0.

No matter how he tries to spin this I'm left thinking "we can't call this a 'colossal salary grab' how about a 'temporary refund adjustment'"

I was avoiding spamming crafts up to now but not any more Will be pushing another craft (maybe 2) to 50 before 2.0 now.
                          Last edited by C'; 18-09-2012, 07:40.

Comment

That does suck a bit, you could also invest your money into items an gear to re-sell?
                            Last edited by apathy87; 18-09-2012, 14:15.

Comment

Yeah I'm starting to get the feeling like 2.0 is just not what I had hoped for, I don't want another WoW clone, I've played tons of those MMO's and I never stick to them.

Now I'm reading that Archer's will no longer need to buy arrows, seriously it seems everything is being dumbed down.

I'm starting to wish they never bothered with 2.0 and just focused on the version we have, we'd have a new expansion by now.

Another thing I've been thinking is whether its even worth trying to beat the CC and AV dungeons, if level cap is still 50 then 2.0's dungeons will probably drop the same stuff just will be different dungeon design, in which case I'd rather wait and have an actual reason to do the dungeons in 2.0.

As for the gil issue I guess I just won't bother saving any, just gonna buy mats to level crafts and blow up gear, then start again with the new economy.
                              Last edited by mikewl; 18-09-2012, 13:31.

Comment

My personal reason for wanting to do the dungeons is for the achievements (which we know WON'T be available in 2.0).

Comment

Working...
                                X