Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rep View Post
    Oh and that level 14

Scene with the Legatus

That's the one that recounts events 15 years previous with

Midgardsormr

? I really liked that as that is lore from even pre-V1.0 and I assumed it would all be forgotten post-Dalamud.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
      It's ****ing glorious, I liked Vanilla but this, Reborn is an understatement. Been sceptical for along time about them pulling this off but it's surpassing the last 18 months of hype for me. Magical.

Oh and that level 14

Scene with the Legatus

Some of the npc banter is brilliant
      Is that your character? I'm pretty sure we were running around together last night doing quite a few of the same quests. Mine was Tracy Blake.

I got on pretty late and didn't expect anyone to be online from here.

Comment

Good beta weekend, the game is really starting to feel polished now.

I just have one issue with it, dungeons are so non stop fighting that your almost constantly holding the trigger down and it aches after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
          Is that your character? I'm pretty sure we were running around together last night doing quite a few of the same quests. Mine was Tracy Blake.

I got on pretty late and didn't expect anyone to be online from here.
          Nope that's not me, I was playing Repp Beta. Most of my time was spent in Gridania and The Shroud. Apologies if It seemed like I ignored you, should have let us know who you were so we could have given you a Linkpearl (Community group). Let us know on Friday if you're back on

Comment

No need for the apologies. I just didn't think anyone would be on, I got on around 1am Sunday and was there till about 5am. Definitely should be able to put in more time this weekend.

Comment

Okay, I've copied all the 6GB worth of **** from my office PC. Hopefully it'll just copy over. Looking up at the above Cid comparison screens it's looking like the graphics engine has become massively scale-able, is this right?

My mate, Ed, who played a little FFXI with some of us should be joining us too. He's actually been bumming this game since initial release.

I'm making a Paladin. I don't give a **** what anyone else is making.

Comment

Suppose I can just download the benchwipe and run that.

Comment

Hopefully they've made Paladin good this time (Seriously you'd have been laughed off the server for using PLD v1) I think they made changes to it twice in it's first week and was still naff, at the time WAR had an extra 1,000 HP over it.

Last weekend was awesome, really can't wait for this to come back up.
                  Last edited by Rep; 18-06-2013, 09:56.

Comment

It's going to be even more awesome with me involved.

Looks like I'm set. I don't mind taking a resolution hit, as even with all the stuff blowing up in that benchmark it was silky smooth.

At 1920x1080 I only got 4k and a ton of tearing.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 18-06-2013, 12:54.

Comment

Some initial thoughts about the classes I played over the weekend.

Pugilist - Obviously my "main" from V1.X. There was a lot of talk from Yoshi-P about how PGL/MNK would play a lot differently in A Realm Reborn with talk of different stances offering different buffs. Now admittedly, I only got to level 16 so have a lot of abilities to unlock between now and 50 but in the end it didn't actually feel all that different. I was still trying locked into performing the same sequence of attacks in a set order. In V1.X, you had to ensure you met the positional requirement to continue the combo, whereas now position in relation to your enemy would simply buff the attack. When a combo was completed successfully you got a (short lived) buff called Grease Lightning which increased attack power and speed.

Maybe things become a bit more varied at later levels with more combo options available.

Thaumaturge - Obviously I never played this class at all in V1.X but I really enjoyed the mechanics of this. They are aligned to the same three elements as they were originally (Ice, Fire, Thunder). Thunder appears to be a straight DOT spell that does little (if any damage) on hit. However there is a very interesting mechanic in play with Blizzard and Fire.

You start off neutrally aligned. But cast a Blizzard spell and you enter Umbral Ice state which gives you an incredibly high MP refresh rate (as in from 80 to 250MP in a couple of ticks).

Cast Fire and you enter Astral Fire state which greatly buffs your Fire Spells but prevents you from refreshing any MP during battle.

Casting the opposite spell to your current stance will cancel the effect and revert you back to neutral. However at level 4 you get an ability called Transpose which if used whilst Umbral Ice or Astral Fire are active, will immediately switch you to the other state.

Even pre-buffs Fire spells will be more potent than Blizzard so it basically becomes a balancing act of damage vs MP refresh, but I found it a really interesting mechanic and I imagine it will be quite fun to play with at end game in the longer, more drawn out fights.

I did read in a thread elsewhere that monsters will not be strong or weak to any particular elements in this game now, which kind of makes sense when you take how THM works into consideration (the class would be borderline broken against any mobs weak to ice when you factor in the insane refresh rate Umbral Ice gives). I also imagine THM would be useless on Ifrit if element strengths came into play.
                      Last edited by C'; 18-06-2013, 17:11.

Comment

Dave, don't worry too much about taking a hit, the benchmark is way more intensive than the game, and phase 3 is far, far better optimised than phase 1 was, that's probably a higher score than mine and my laptop will run 1080p at 60fps no problem. I think Wedge was getting 90fps or something crazy like that?
                        Last edited by Rep; 18-06-2013, 18:07.

Comment

Imagine my Surprise when I found an old Google Image of the Rargh LS and it brings me to this Forum! How are all you guys doing? ^^

Comment

Bayan?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                              Bayan?
                              Yes, RareHero Sir! Forgot my old login.. Good to see you
                              Last edited by Bayani Tenzen; 19-06-2013, 14:04.

Comment

So all the character will be transfered in Test 2 and can be selected on the get go without us having to do anything...

I'm wondering if I should keep my character or restart... I didn't make it too far in the game because of my stupid to decision to focus on all the bloody classes. I'm glad we can change the appearance in the official release but I'd love to change his name :/

Argh GAME have the collectors back in stock and they've reduced it to ?51.99 but I've been tied to my shoptto pre-order...

Never mind removing my card from their system cancelled my orders...
                                Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 19-06-2013, 15:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X