Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was never going to completely work out it seems but I will head to Excalibur with the majority. Have said my thanks to LS's I'll be leaving behind already, slightly gutted we got unlucky and have to move in the first place, loved Gungnir and was very familiar with alot of people on there but a new server has its good points too.

Its strange Tobal, its similar to WoW in the way quests are the main progress in XP but once you get to some of the later Dungeons it starts to feel less so, Boss fights still feel classic FF.

I hated ARR when I played the first Alpha, It just seemed a massive letdown but Phase 3 has shown alot of progress, aside from a few battle system issues I think they have done a good job with re-making the game. It is fast paced but it feels like you can easily log in and make some progress, plus when I want to chill out for a bit there is Costa del Sol lol.

Comment

Anyone take some pictures at Costa Del Sol before we hammered Brayflox (easily my favourite raid by the way).

Comment

I didn't get any pictures. Agreed on Brayflox, its just nice to have an outdoor based dungeon for a change, plus the bosses are much meatier, last run we done I started to watch more for what the end boss was doing and managed to avoid its main attack most the time.

Comment

I'm pretty much set on Excalibur as I was always going to move with the majority. Again, it's a huge shame we have this split though.

My only real concern is one which tickle seems to share. I never spent that long with the original game so I'm no where near end game with any of my classes - I just hope there are opportunities for me to progress the story, I remember missing the boat with WoG in XI, really don't want a similar situation with this.

Comment

On a technical level the graphics are a downgrade, both in terms of texture quality and character models. This is especially notable on the AF armour, DRG especially.

Yet this seems to have been a trade off for performance (it flies on custom high settings on my 3 year old machine) and the artistry and design of the world map itself is much better compared to the large expanses of mostly nothing in 1.0. You can ride around and not go more than about 20 seconds without seeing a new point of interest or amazing view.

Just some pics I took over the past couple of weekends (click for full res):

And finally, chilling at Costa Del Sol.

I'm sorry about your bandwidth caps

Comment

Here's a few pics I took over the weekend. Mine are mostly fights and it seems we cant spoiler images so only click the link to the album if your not fussed about seeing content.

Imgur album here.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
              Last edited by djtickle; 30-06-2013, 17:05.

Comment

This is how things look for Bordersdown players. As Wedge mentioned, the majority are heading to Excalibur so it makes sense unless you have a particular reason to go elsewhere.

Excalibur
                Apa
                Bayan
                Dara
                Moot (TBC)
                Rep
                Rare
                Tal
                Tsing
                Wedge

Ragnarok
                DJ

TBC
                DataDave
                Last edited by talizker; 01-07-2013, 16:39.

Comment

Hello Guys - looks like Excalibur is pretty set for us as well - It's unfortunate because I know several other groups of people I played with on Ridill going to other places now.. Hyperion is very NA popular but the LS's headed there had a lot of Drama so I'm kinda glad I'm not following them. Ragnarok looks like it will have a pretty strong EU community but unfortunately for me the Majority of Beyond Galleon are NA Players so it wouldn't work out for them. Sargantas might be a good alternative for Beyond Galleon if Excalibur hits critical - my only concern going forward is the Server will block new players come 2.0 launch.

Comment

Hopefully SE are allowing some buffer for new players.

Comment

So the beta has been extended then?

Can't find definitive info, but been told its going on for another two weeks... Anyone know if its true?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                        So the beta has been extended then?

Can't find definitive info, but been told its going on for another two weeks... Anyone know if its true?
                        I had somebody tell me 1 week but like yourself cant find any info. I'm guessing maybe 1 more week might be true if they wanted to get all the server transfers done on close of the 16th and maybe start beta 4 the week after?

Again I'm just guessing though.

Comment

Well http://xivstatus.com/m/index.php shows that the countdown to the next beta is next Friday for beta yet phase 3 part 4, so I'm guessing its correct...

Comment

Well http://xivstatus.com/m/index.php shows that the countdown to the next beta is next Friday for beta yet phase 3 part 4, so I'm guessing its correct...
                            That sites not official is it? I bet they are just guessing as even back from beta 1 the start times have been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              That sites not official is it? I bet they are just guessing as even back from beta 1 the start times have been the same.
                              True. I read on the forums that there is two further weeks, one to get the duty finder, and the other being longer than a weekend to test the servers 24/7. How much truth is in that I don't know.

Comment

True. I read on the forums that there is two further weeks, one to get the duty finder, and the other being longer than a weekend to test the servers 24/7. How much truth is in that I don't know.
                                Ah excellent news though, be interesting to see how the duty finder works

Comment

Working...
                                X