Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultros is great in FF6.

Comment

Hmmm does anyone know if you can use the pad interface on the PC? I seem to recall using it when it was in Phase 2 but I can't seem to get it on this Phase... I've gotten used to the pad and switching between PC and PS3 seems like something I'll do a lot and I'd rather use one interface.

1080p is much better for party play...So I see myself playing party based on the PC and solo on the PS3.

Comment

I use gamepad mode. I think it's an option in System Settings once you're in game.

Comment

So is this down for another week then? It just randomly booted out without the usual countdowns and to log out and such. All worlds are undergoing maintenance, but I could have sworn someone said this weeks tests was going to be on for longer?

Comment

Thank you for participating in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
            This is to notify the end date and time for the 4th Beta Test, Test Phase 3 that has started on July 5th.
            Thanks to everyone who participated in the test, we have confirmed the stability in the Duty Finder, and will be ending the 4th Beta Test on
            July 7th, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / July 7th, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. (GMT).

We thank you for your participation for the ongoing testing.

Information from the BETA FORUM

Comment

Yeah but it's worth noting that when this weekend's test was announced they didn't specify an end time which was unusual and I did speculate that it may have meant it would have been extended.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post

Information from the BETA FORUM
                I use my phone to access it, and it's a mess due the fact there's so many threads- when you lot here all seem to be pretty hardcore and updated on the matter, what's the problem with asking? If you cba to answer then just don't bother...

Comment

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the FF14 universe thought it might have been an extended beta until that pop'd up. The beta forums are a complete cluster fu*k for finding anything though.

On a side not I used duty finder yesterday pissed up, and it threw me right into the ifrit fight and we won. Was defo impressed.

Comment

Ok I've lost track where is everyone going now, Excal now the server of choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                      Ok I've lost track where is everyone going now, Excal now the server of choice?
                      Yar, everyone going to Excal apart from me and dave and our merry band of men (none forum members) I think!

Also!!

Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (07/08/2013)
                      Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times
                      July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
                      July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
                      * Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th. The beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.
                      Last edited by djtickle; 08-07-2013, 09:22.

Comment

Ok guys im a total noob at FF14, but not at mmo and such, so who wants to help a noobie take his first steps into this brave new world?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                          Ok guys im a total noob at FF14, but not at mmo and such, so who wants to help a noobie take his first steps into this brave new world?
                          MisterBubbles!! This isnt Halo!!!

Most people in here have played 14 Version 1 so we have a little head start on new players! Also people are moving to 2 different servers. (Most people from here are going to play on Excalibur, Me and DataDave are going to play on Ragnarok).

I have 3 friends starting a fresh along with Dave who also has 1 friend starting a fresh so you would be welcome to jump on board with us. If not I'm sure Mike, Rare and Rep and the gang won't mind you jumping on board with them.

Have you been playing the beta? I have chars on multiple servers at the moment, in the main Gungir and Shiva. Have been playing my Shiva character as its only level 10 to get used to how low level stuff works if you want to join me come Wed.

Comment

It's piss easy man. It's nothing like XI.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              It's piss easy man. It's nothing like XI.
                              The first 15 levels are designed for solo play and are to be considered easy. If endgame battles are anything like they were in version 1, it'll be nuts how tough it gets, way tougher than anything XI had.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                                The first 15 levels are designed for solo play and are to be considered easy. If endgame battles are anything like they were in version 1, it'll be nuts how tough it gets, way tougher than anything XI had.
                                Not having really had ago at end game stuff on 14, I'm not really one to judge. But talking about XI even Kirin was hard at one point, Pandemonium Warden and of course how could I not mention Absolute Virtue. I'm sure it had many more tough fights too, that the level cap raise spoiled. (Lots of original CoP comes to mind) I'm sure this would have been the same if V1 had got to level 50+.

Feels like comparing chalk and cheese to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X